M203 are they worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M203 are they worth it?

you guys say they arent much good in woodland, yet my friend has taken out about 1/4 of a team (of about 50 people) with 1 grenade launcher shot

Comment

i have a m203 myself but not had a chance to use it yet, as the grenades i'm borrowing off a friend are a bit pooped need to buy some new ones of my own

Comment

There's nothing performance wise that an M203 will give you, than your standard AEG won't.

They do look good on the right guns though

Comment

Originally posted by N_Scooby View Post
          Dude666fx has a 6 round revolving launcher and that is fantasic for room clearance. Outside it would be completely our-ranged but indoors in small rooms/corridors it is epic (I've been on the receiving end of it!). I have an M203 for my M4 that is attached for this purpose. It comes off for street fighting.
          Thanks tim, there are good used at the right time and well worth it for the look you get off your enemys face (what the f##k was that!)
          They do require regular maintaining.
          Personally get a pistol first as you can always get a launcher later.

Ask if you can try someones to see what you think first.
          sigpic
          Armoury:Tm mp5/Ics m16/Spartac AK74U/Spartac AK pistol/m56c/Hfc m190/Tm m9 tactical master/Armourer works HX11/Dynatex BFG

Comment

How much maintenance are we talking?
            sigpic

Comment

It depends on how much they are used and what gas you use.

I strip and clean a large group of my moscarts ( 14 of them) once a month, check all the seals and bearings and re assemble

The other 9 get cleaned weekly as they suffer lots of wear due to running at incredibly high pressure.

but maintenance wise, bit of silicon, check the seals arent damaged and reassemble. doesnt require a huge amount

Comment

I suggest borrowing first, they are very much a marmite bit of kit, better to see if they suit your game before forking out
                Originally posted by Bluegill
                5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

if youre thinking of going down the co2 route check thats it allowed at your site, some sites dont allow it and that could be an expensive mistake
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
                  airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

there fun but shells can be expensive learn how to fix them and change 0-rings if you cant change bearings, o-rings and fill valve o-rings then its going to get expensive. I have around 16 to 20 moscarts and try to keep around 15 of them working at all times.

People who I play with love seeing 16 of them all loaded up on the table and people who have not seen this before see my belt of 12 and get upset they dont realised I normally only carry 2 to 4 with me and rarely ever fire them unless someone is dug in real good or a group charge me while reloading.

For example I was playing cqb last night and despite having 14 carrying 4 into each game I never even fired one.

Yet in another game me and a friend shot off 2 or 4 before entering one room as shooting them can be fun, but loading and gassing them up and repairing leaks takes up a a fair bit of time.

Worth it if you have the time for them, I like to have a hand launcher and treat it like a shotgun.
                    sigpic
                    Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

I have used my M203 in woodland but they do look really good but are another thing to carry and thats not including shells.

I have had a few kills with mine but no where near as many as my AEG or pistol plus most people get RIS fitting one's where they do not make them in real life so loose the 'real' look and the barrell mounted ones are good but my G&P one does not fit great on my ICS M4 as it slide backward and forward even with the barrell strap.

If you dont have a pistol use the money for that but if you have to have a M203 only use Madbull shells as they are the best (and i have used most other types and they do not hold a light to them imho).

curlyboy
                      'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jelliffe99 Find out more about Jelliffe99
                      Working...
                      X