Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Socom Gear M9a1 sof any good?

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
    Well about the same as any standard AEG really, around 30-40m with some accuracy. Because both of the M9s have a fixed hop up, they're set for either .20s or .25s and once you get the BB weight right, you can get some pretty good, and stable, ranges. The TM has a better hop, so it is generally more consistent with better range.

Some of the internals are pretty cheap, not the best metals used. The Hop is inferior to the TM, and the slide cycle speed is slower. It is also less gas efficient.

Care to expand?

Happy to help
    ok thanks im slowly getting there :D and i bought a brand new KWA G18c, lube loads of gas everything and it just refused to work properly, it gassed out really quickly in warm weather and never perfromed as it should even after i sent it back to them and they supposedly fixed it
    For sale:

-Splitting M4
    -MP5 Parts
    -MP7a1
    -M9 Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
      No No No No. The SG M9 is a WE rebrand. Not VFC, not WA. WE.

Not true.
      http://socomgear.com/english/
      bottom of the page
      Copyright ©2011 Socom Gear - A Madbull Airsoft Company ??WTF?
      sigpic

Comment

From what I can find out, they are an offspring company of Madbull that rebrand guns, usually from WE for pistols, and modify them to generally make them more tactical. I know that the SG 1911s and M9s are WE based.

Comment

You cannot and will not go wrong with a TM m9. Most reliable gun I have ever owned.!
          “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

The SG/WE M9 is a decent pistol. But that's all. Nothing special about it. If you want the durability of a Metal slided pistol, and the performance/gas efficiency of a TM pistol. Then the only option is the KWA NS2 models. Otherwise known as PTP's.

Comment

It's WE and it's rubbish, if I were you I'd go with TM ... You can't go wrong with TM.
              Ant if you need metal frame - slide it's easy to find one.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
              WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

ok thanks guys sounds like its not worth going for socom gear so ill go marui. I always end up buying a TM no matter what gun i am buying lol but they have never failed me once so i guess theres a reason for that.
                For sale:

-Splitting M4
                -MP5 Parts
                -MP7a1
                -M9 Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by wilko129 View Post
                  ok thanks guys sounds like its not worth going for socom gear so ill go marui. I always end up buying a TM no matter what gun i am buying lol but they have never failed me once so i guess theres a reason for that.
                  Because TM make the best pistols, theres no two ways about it, nothing comes close. KWA/KSC are a close second but Ive had nothing but trouble wth any KWA/KSC gun Ive owned and spare parts are a pain in the ass to find for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                    Because TM make the best pistols, theres no two ways about it, nothing comes close. KWA/KSC are a close second but Ive had nothing but trouble wth any KWA/KSC gun Ive owned and spare parts are a pain in the ass to find for them.
                    I dont even mean pistols i just mean in all AEGs aswell and my previos GBB was KWA so im going to stay away from them after my last one.
                    For sale:

-Splitting M4
                    -MP5 Parts
                    -MP7a1
                    -M9 Magazine

Comment

Mmm TM are very, VERY good AEGs but I wouldnt say theyre the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                        Mmm TM are very, VERY good AEGs but I wouldnt say theyre the best.
                        sorry not what i meant i just mean that i have bought them and they have always worked flawlessly and really well and for the money they are great compared to spending three grand on systema ptw which will obviously be better as it costs more but its not twelve times better just twelve times more expensive and a fair bit better.
                        For sale:

-Splitting M4
                        -MP5 Parts
                        -MP7a1
                        -M9 Magazine

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wilko129 Find out more about wilko129
                        Working...
                        X