Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G&P M4's?

Originally posted by Jelliffe99 View Post
    cheers mate are you running a 10.5 inch barrel or 14.5?
    14.5 inch. Honestly unless you play CQB I'd go for the 14.5 inch - performance wise you will barely be able to notice much difference in either, I doubt there will even be any difference.

Comment

well I play outdoor but I like short guns and I was wondering whether the extra 4 inches makes a difference
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jelliffe99 View Post
        well I play outdoor but I like short guns and I was wondering whether the extra 4 inches makes a difference
        I wouldn't say so, you will not be at a disadvantage if you came up against someone with a 14.5inch barrel. Throw a Prometheus Hop with Strike Chamber, Fire Fly Rubber and Nub with a Prometheus 6.03, excellent little set up.

Sometimes G&P's can be over 350 FPS out of the box, but after a few mags the spring will bed in.

Comment

Where can you get those parts?
          sigpic

Comment

if you want a cqb barrel go with it.

if you are a new player, dont start think about all this hop up upgrades first buy the gun then see what needs to be changed or you will end-up messing it up.

hop ups are a hit and miss..take baby steps first lol

but if your gonna buy a battery just go with a 7.4v....9.6v and 8.4v are too big and out of date
            Last edited by stealth; 28 July, 2011, 01:18. Reason: retail hint removed.

Comment

Hi do 7.4's need special charging kit? like lipo bags
              sigpic

Comment

yeah but you can get really cheap one, way cheaper than smart chargers for 8.4v and 9.6vs

just type in ebay or google firefox lipo charger.

http://**************.co.uk/html/lipo.html

go to that link for cheap uk lipo batteries

Comment

Thanks mate
                  sigpic

Comment

I've got a G&P M4, and I'd pretty much agree with everything said so far. Mine's still stock internally, aside from being rear wired (which was a bit of a b****). I've not long corrected a problem with the hop too, barrel looks to have been in upside down, so I dont know how good the range is going to be with the hop set. Without though it was still reasonable...ish.

Comment

I have 3 G&P rifles and between 4 other team mates we have 11 g&p m4's between us. Everything said above is spot on. I have not had to change my hops at all yet with over 12 months use. I am tempted to put a tight bore and mad bull ultimate in my tank just out of curiosity to see if the accuracy and range improves. I mainly play cqb and urban so I've never really needed loads of range.

I use 9.6v nimh crane stock batts which are fine. I did suffer from the odd semi auto lock up when using an 8.4 but fine with a 9.6v. When I get around to it I will get a liPo charger and switch to 7.4 lipo's.

If you are defo after an armalite then G&P's Build quality is excellent and you won't be disappointed.

Comment

The only dislike I have for g&p is their piston heads I mean what are they thinking ? I`ve had a new one that Ive never fired apart before now to find cracks in the clear plastic piston head.

Everything else about them is gravy for the money.
                        sigpic
                        Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jelliffe99 Find out more about Jelliffe99
                        Working...
                        X