Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P Sentry or a TM SOPMOD

Hi Folks

I'm in need of advice on what AEG to get to supplement my existing 2 AEGS... I have my eyes on a G&P sentry and a TM Sopmod but cannot decide which one to go for. I have read the SOPMOD thread and seem to be warming to the idea of getting one. I think the difference beween the two is about £100... Now whilst I like the idea of the SOPMOD bolt action, the one piece barrel and having no barrel wobble (don't think that happens on the G&P?)the thought of having to upgrade the SOPMOD to get better performance seems to scare me... suddenly a £440 AEG becomes something like £550 plus? So is it worth it or is the G&P Sentry a better all round AEG and giving more bang for buck?

Thanks

shiv

Re: G&P Sentry or a TM SOPMOD

I have only used the sentry and in stock form that was amazing in terms of range and accuracy.

A friend of mine has a sopmod which i believe is stock too internally and he loves it too much.

If i had the money.... i would go for the sopmod as its more realistic in function etc and just put a nice tightbore in there, tweak the hop for best results and go play.

The sopmod will cost you alot more in magazines too.

Comment

SOPMOD! It's not even something you should be thinking about
      WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

You don't 'need' to up grade the Sopmod mate , people do it out of choice not nesesity , it may only be doing the standard TM sort of FPS out of the box but the hop's amazing as is , both of mine (i have a sopmod & the socom) out range most standard AEG's I come across at skirmishes I go to ( and I'm prity sure most other users would agree) . Only bug bear id say is the proprietary mags and there cost but once you've got a few you can just get more over time (what I did) and I'm positive you'll never regret it .
        From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

I have a G&P sentry and it is awesome. However, if I had the money, despite how much I love the sentry, I reckon I would get a TM sopmod. I use gbbr's also because of the realism aspect which would also be offered by the TM. Plus as mentioned you don't have to upgrade them but ultimately we always do don't we?

Tbh though you won't be disappointed with either of those 2 whichever you get. Good luck.

Comment

I've owned a sentry and it was a nice piece of kit, well built, no wobbles and great out of the box.

Just be warned, if you do get a sopmod you'll end up selling all of your airsoft stuff for more sopmod accessories and more TM recoil guns!

Comment

Sopmod, because its a sopmod :P

The sopmod series are awesome, I personally prefer the Socom, with a lipo etc. but most people go for the sopmod.

I'm currently looking to buy 2 sopmods, probably a cqbr and a m4a1, I've owned one before and think they are the mutts. I upgraded mine a fair bit. However given another chance, i'd get Rich to do it.

CK

Edit: Above post is correct, owning a sopmod leads to ... owning more recoil TM's...

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Had a Sentry loved it, but not a patch on my TM Scar.

So i say go for the TM recoil engine RIF.

As for mags if you already have some M4 mags just buy the adaptor till you have enough sopmod mags. Its what i am doing not had any problems so far with mags.

Range and rate of fire on my Scar is mind blowing for a stock TM running and 8.4v mini nimh.

Plus the blowback and recoil will put a smile on your face and make the enemy duck.
                TM m4a1 socom, Vfc Kac pdw, Vfc 416, Umarex m27, KA svd ( aeg and spring), Magpul pdr, Army R50, TM Deagle, TM Hicapa 4.3, TM snub nose revolver.

Comment

Both are the dogs danglies, Sentrys are rock solid and have good range and look superb, sopmods are awesome but dont be fooled by the £440 price tag, thats the gun only, you need at least 2 batteries for £80 (or go lipo with specially made ones for same price but last longer) and then you need mags that are £20 each so before you know it you are spending £550 - £600 on a decent set up, even though they shoot approx 280-290 the range is awesome though.

I got rid of mine and went back to the sentry as easier to change mags and batteries with team mates but I do miss it that I am reconsidering in the future, cant go wrong with either
                  sigpic

Comment

Sentry < SOPMOD < SYSTEMA

Having used them all - they are all pretty good and pretty much are as effective and as pleasurable to own in that order.

Comment

Re: G&amp;P Sentry or a TM SOPMOD

sopmods an expensive prospect, if moneys an issue id go with the sentry. Nothing worse than a sopmod owner who spends nearly 500 on a gun and wont spend more than 30 on a battery..

Comment

Thanks guys, I guess it has to be the SOPMOD then, I am impressed with the praise it's getting..... I already have a custom M4 which I built myself... but it needs a new spring to get it below the 350fps (currently hitting 420 fps... lol)...

I'm trying to get my head around the fps range thing as I used to mistakingly think that range was equal to the fps... the greater the fps the greater the range...

The SCAR does look nice though..... so different.... but if i'm honest I just have this love affair for M4's.... lol

OK, next question... how heavy is the SOPMOD and can you soft with it all day? Or will I need to go to the gym and work on my biceps... lol

Comment

Own a Sentry, was a nice gun, sold it to get a Sopmod CQB-R, will never sell it.
                          Mate had a Sentry, he loved it, just sold it for the M4a1 Sopmod, he will never sell it. Nuff said!!
                          Sopmods are awesome, pricey yes but once you have it you'll never look back at a normal AEG.
                          Keep the quick change battery function and buy a certain someone's custom lipo battery, well worth the price tag.
                          B&T MP5SD5

Comment

I have a SOPMOD...bought it from China when it first came out and ever since then it has not once failed me..only thing you need to do is upgrade your battery since TM ones are crap..but I prefer the realism than G&P sentry. G&P is a good WEAPON, I played with my mates but ermmm if its REALISM vs NAME - REALISM WINS!
                            Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Sopmods have the Oooooh factor.

They arent too heavy mate, I easily shoot all day with one. No heavier than any other full metal AEG.

CK

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bobafett Find out more about bobafett
                              Working...
                              X