G&P Sentry or a TM SOPMOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G&P Sentry or a TM SOPMOD

The hi cap mags are 430 rnd. The Standard mags are 82/30 rnd on a switch under the baseplate.

Ive had my Sopmod for about 3 years now, and i absolutely love it. The sole reason i might be parting with it is i havent used it now for a year, because of work and the lack of playing. Best gun i have ever owned though.

Comment

There's a thought too... if I get the opportunity to get a used one is that a good way to go, or should I just get one from ZO or FS? Do TM actually improve these on a year by year basis?

Comment

how long has the tm sopmod been around for out of curiosity

Comment

Value for money your better off trying to pick one up on this forum, just picked my team mate up a bargain, tm sopmod, 2 upgraded batterys, 8 mags, loads of internal upgrades and all the original parts £550 including postage and paypal!!
          B&T MP5SD5

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
            how long has the tm sopmod been around for out of curiosity
            about 2.5 years ago... give or take.

Theres so many options for batterys on these the only one i dont like is removing the quick change on the sopmod for a direct wire it makes the stock loose as hell and most end up selling as a result then buying again and doing it properly, theres also a lot of sites offering this as a quick fix, yet it fixes nothing and once again customers left bewildered. ive seen wires soldiered on the ends of the metal contacts of the quick change. Quick change nimh with new cells, or fork out for a decent custom quickchange lipo for it, front wire and ris battery or front wire and peq, full stock. Those are your options for batterys with the sopmod. Front wire is tricky as you dont have the wire runner which comes as standard with the socom, so becarefull with your wire running and make sure you have joins in the cable for detaching the wiring for takedowns.

Socom you can get some sweet 9.9v lipos 1500mah which fit perfect in the socom hand guard now.

Comment

Originally posted by bobafett View Post
              There's a thought too... if I get the opportunity to get a used one is that a good way to go, or should I just get one from ZO or FS? Do TM actually improve these on a year by year basis?
              Both mine were second hand mate . One of them was bought for a song as it had a fault and frequently stopped working , i had a ruff idea what the fault was (and luckily i was right ) so was able to fix the previous owners 'tinkering' created fault , so all I would say is do some research on the seller if they say they've done some work on it , as it is not your normal run of the mill internals and there's massive room for f**king it up BIG time if they don't know what there doing !
              From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Originally posted by bobafett View Post
                ThePope, So who is the resident SOPMOD tinkerer here? and are your 2x 9.6 1300's NIMH or LIPOS?

BTW is that a PEQ on the front of yours?

Thx
                Richardy is the don as people have said and yes its a working element AN PEQ 15 which has laser, torch, ir light, low profile blue light and pressure pad all for about 40/50 quid. I use normal replaced cells in mine, still not made the swap to lipo

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

yeah, the one and only problem is it leads to buying other recoil rifles.
                  i got the g36k, then had to have the socom. then cos i had the mags i bought the scar, and then cos i wanted to do a russian loadout i bought a aks74u, all recoil, and got a load of mags.
                  the socom/sopmod is the best of the bunch in my opinion, range is on par with the scar but i prefer the styling of the m4
                  the 36/74 performs the same as previous 36's and 74's in terms of range but the recoil is soo addictive, if i had gbbr's id be skint from buying gas, but recoil aegs let me indulge without the price tag (after start up)
                  trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                  http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Well, I finally managed to get my mitts on a SOPMOD today, only managed to fire a few roands at Finmere as it was another guys's gun... First impressions not bad at all... the recoil function is sweet... and compared to my existing custom M4 the SOPMOD is lighter!!! However, mine just felt more real steel.... lol

If i'm being honest, i'm trying to understand where all the £440 has gone... my custom AEG was out ranging the SOPMOD by about 5+ metres... but my fps was about 30fps more too so that may count for the difference in range... but me being me, i'll end up getting one as you guys are just raving about them....

Thanks for all your input guys.... much appreciated...

Comment

the hop units adjustable, turning the nob increases range.. What we rave about with the sopmods is the actual physical design of the hop unit, it has zero flaws where as an old m4 hop unit has many. What your investing in is a next generation aeg with much potential.

Comment

Well I use to have both...... Now I just have my TM sopmod.

Painted it this afternoon, still need some buis though.

[QUOTE=archangel;463445]. At the end of the day, we are (generally) a group of young or middle aged white men playing with toys guns in the woods, never forget this.

Comment

That looks superb..... OMG

Richardy... thanks for that info re the hop and the battery, I had no idea the hop is that good...

Interms of range what exactly is one expecting from a out of the box SOPMOD? Also, how tight are the groupings if conditions are perfect that is?

Comment

Just to add in. I have a G&P Sentry and I think it's a fantastic gun. The range and rof on mine is excellent and the metal bodywork is also excellent.

Here's my full review of the Sentry

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=90918
                            Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Nice review of the G&P Sentry, surel looks like a grest gun... but at 370fps way over my local site limit...

Gents another SOPMOD question... is there like a Mk2 of it out as I may be able to get my hands on a year old one so I was wondering if TM have brought out a new version or not?

Thx

Comment

You don't need to improve on perfection.

(thats a no)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bobafett Find out more about bobafett
                                Working...
                                X