Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pistol infomation please..

Hello all,

Im currently waiting for a TM m92F Berreta to turn up.

I dont really know all that much about pistols and there maintenance.

What gas do i need? green? or is that for metal slides ones?

what do I need to do to keep all the seals in tact etc etc

cheers guys
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Run it on green gas, I think the M9 series are weaker with propane than the rest. Don't quite me on that though.

You shouldn't need to do anything to the seals, but when untie gun is in storage, leave the mags with at least half full of gas. Never empty

Comment

Re: pistol infomation please..

yes, ive heard that!! about leaving them half full up etc

isnt there somethign you can put on the seals to keep them healthy!

so green gas will be fine?! shall try and get some at the weekend!
      FOR SALE

Comment

You can put silicone on them, but leaving green in does that - it has silicone in it.

Comment

As above. No need to do anything with the seals if you leave green in the mags and that's what you use. You only need to start worrying about the seals if you use propane, which I wouldn't in an M9

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
            yes, ive heard that!! about leaving them half full up etc

isnt there somethign you can put on the seals to keep them healthy!

so green gas will be fine?! shall try and get some at the weekend!
            If your going to store them then use somthing like this Abbey Predator Gas 134a Maintenance as it has extra silicone added to keep those seals in tip top condition.

Don't forget that propane and green have almost the same power.

Comment

Some tm pistols don't work to well on green gas ie my tm g17 that exploded literally in my hand while using green gas so i would reccomend the use of 134 on tm pistols if you don't like having your fingertips burnt off my pistol still has the scorch marks lol

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
                Some tm pistols don't work to well on green gas ie my tm g17 that exploded literally in my hand while using green gas so i would reccomend the use of 134 on tm pistols if you don't like having your fingertips burnt off my pistol still has the scorch marks lol
                That's right up there with the worst advice ive heard!

Comment

Agreed - I've run my TM M1911A1 and Hi-cappa on green for 2 years and 1 year respectively.

Comment

fine im not saying all tm pistols are bad i just had a bad experience with one and green gas the pistol is completely f***** and has the scorch marks to prove it not only did it burn my finger it blew the slide back so forcefully that the hammer snapped, i had to brake the slide off just to have a look inside and it hasn't worked at all since if you want pictures ill go dig it out of my box of spares.

Comment

ok, so how long can I leave them with green gas before I should think about using maintance gas...

I usually play every two weeks.. but sometimes it may be a little longer....

cheers guys, really appreciate this!!
                      FOR SALE

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
                        fine im not saying all tm pistols are bad i just had a bad experience with one and green gas the pistol is completely f***** and has the scorch marks to prove it not only did it burn my finger it blew the slide back so forcefully that the hammer snapped, i had to brake the slide off just to have a look inside and it hasn't worked at all since if you want pictures ill go dig it out of my box of spares.
                        So your saying you tm pistol caught on fire from using green gas!

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
                          So your saying you tm pistol caught on fire from using green gas!
                          Lol. Stupidest thing I ever heard. Did you actually use green gas, or just fire?

Comment

yeh sounds like someone is talking utter shite ^ scorch marks! lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                              Run it on green gas, I think the M9 series are weaker with propane than the rest. Don't quite me on that though.

You shouldn't need to do anything to the seals, but when untie gun is in storage, leave the mags with at least half full of gas. Never empty
                              Leaving the mags with some gas in em - is that general advice for most pistols? I empty them fully at d mo n use some silicone spray only at d nozzle.... I'm using the std zeroone gas on mt TM HiCappa.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                              Working...
                              X