pistol infomation please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pistol infomation please..

Yes i put fire in my pistol thats possibly the stupidest thing ive heard no during a skirmish i pulled out my pistol from its holster and went to fire a round and that happened it wasnt intentional i didnt put fire in there it just happened and i have no idea why maybe you geniusus can tell me what happened

Comment

yup leave a little gas in your mag on all gas pistols
      sigpic

Comment

hold on so what your saying is you took your pistol out and pressed the trigger and it then caught on fire? yes?
        sigpic

Comment

Yup what do i jave to gain by lying on an internet forum to a bunch of people i dont know when i get nack home ill post some photos of the guns remains and the scorched front end

Comment

You must have used either the wrong gas, (is green at all flammable in any way?) and fired near an open flame or ignition source! The only thing I can think of is the wrong gas, with a metal slide pistol, with so much friction that sparks caused it to ignite. And I don't even think that's possible either

Comment

Personally I try to inject a little maintenance gas after each game, you don't have to fill it right up, just a bit will do, and some green to get it about half full, should be more than fine

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                You must have used either the wrong gas, (is green at all flammable in any way?) and fired near an open flame or ignition source! The only thing I can think of is the wrong gas, with a metal slide pistol, with so much friction that sparks caused it to ignite. And I don't even think that's possible either
                Green gas is most definately flamable

Comment

Id love to see those pics.
                  Sounds like the result of a extremley hot magazine and plastic pistol.
                  Or as said a flame at the end of the barrel, but id say that would be blown out before it ignited anyway.
                  Green is flamable, but how many people use either green or propane in their GBBs every weekend with no problems whatsoever.

Comment

i'm just cursed when it came to that pistol i suppose i keep meaning to put some pics up but i can't find the data cable, it was just that once that it happened to me, also tisane it was a warm day that it happened on

Comment

so these pics coming up then?
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi guys rather than keeping my mags full of gas could i just put some silicone oil in them after i use the so everytime i am done using my pistol and i have used all the gas i put some silicone in but it has no gas in at all? Also where should i put the silicone oil and do i need to put gas in to push the oil into the mag? I use zero ones normal green gas not the pro and i am about to get a TM M92f. Thanks guys
                        For sale:

-Splitting M4
                        -MP5 Parts
                        -MP7a1
                        -M9 Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadGhost View Post
                          so these pics coming up then?
                          yeah when i can find the cable for the camera

Comment

Originally posted by wilko129 View Post
                            Hi guys rather than keeping my mags full of gas could i just put some silicone oil in them after i use the so everytime i am done using my pistol and i have used all the gas i put some silicone in but it has no gas in at all? Also where should i put the silicone oil and do i need to put gas in to push the oil into the mag? I use zero ones normal green gas not the pro and i am about to get a TM M92f. Thanks guys
                            You need the gas in the mag to distribute/atomise the lube.
                            If you simply drop silicone oil in its going to sit at the bottom of the mag (assuming its stored upright) and have no benefit to seals above that point.
                            Also gas in the mag keeps presure on the seals helping prevent shrinkage.

If you want to drop extra lube in the mag either do it by taking out one of the 2 valves or just open up the release valve when the mag is empty and drop a few drops through there then re fill your mag with whatever gas you use.
                            Just remember to release it before you actualy use it in the gun as the extra lube could affect your hop.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                              You need the gas in the mag to distribute/atomise the lube.
                              If you simply drop silicone oil in its going to sit at the bottom of the mag (assuming its stored upright) and have no benefit to seals above that point.
                              Also gas in the mag keeps presure on the seals helping prevent shrinkage.

If you want to drop extra lube in the mag either do it by taking out one of the 2 valves or just open up the release valve when the mag is empty and drop a few drops through there then re fill your mag with whatever gas you use.
                              Just remember to release it before you actualy use it in the gun as the extra lube could affect your hop.
                              ok thanks so as long as i keep the mag with a bit of gas in it should be fine even without extra silicone?
                              For sale:

-Splitting M4
                              -MP5 Parts
                              -MP7a1
                              -M9 Magazine

Comment

You need some lube but IMO even the amount normaly found in green is enough to keep seals healthy.

Dont go thinking pure propane without lube will keep your mags in good nick, although it will stop the seals shrinking it will eventualy dry them out.

Green gas/abbey ultra/134a alone= good
                                Abbey maintanence gas= best

My method as a Propane user is to vent the mag drop 2-3 drops of silicone oil through the release valve and add a squirt of Propane, then before use vent and refill with pure propane.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                                Working...
                                X