Buying RIF And Having It Painted Two-Tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buying RIF And Having It Painted Two-Tone

I believe Oneshot was merely trying to ensure that no laws were broken - something which is beneficial for us airsofters. Dont get annoyed with him for that.

As for Z1s painting service; it's quite good. It's obvious to me (having seen the results) that they fully strip the weapons and allow the paint to dry fully. It's good quality too...doesn't chip one bit.

They used a lively snot green for the weapon I used.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by ImNotTheMafia View Post
      I believe Oneshot was merely trying to ensure that no laws were broken - something which is beneficial for us airsofters. Dont get annoyed with him for that.
      As noble as his actions were, it's not our place to shoot people down merely upon a suspicion. Leave it to the mods and admins.

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
        THen why not wait and get it after UKARA or defence?
        Originally posted by JayB591 View Post
        As noble as his actions were, it's not our place to shoot people down merely upon a suspicion. Leave it to the mods and admins.
        That shooting somebody down?..
        Originally posted by Bluegill
        5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
          That shooting somebody down?..
          The fact that you made a reference to other people performing illicit actions due to no defense or being underage lead me to believe you were accusing him too. We know nothing of his circumstances and he requires help. Don't post if it isn't helping him.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB591 View Post
            The fact that you made a reference to other people performing illicit actions due to no defense or being underage lead me to believe you were accusing him too. We know nothing of his circumstances and he requires help. Don't post if it isn't helping him.

My apologies, wrist slapped:D

Comment

No apology needed - a MAJORITY of the time its kids trying to get around the LAWS that surround our hobby/sport.

I think "two tone" should be "one tone". Should solve the whole "I'll just get a new stock and foregrip" attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                I think "two tone" should be "one tone". Should solve the whole "I'll just get a new stock and foregrip" attitude.
                As i stated i was only asking because i wanted to take a note of how much it will cost to get my parts once i get my defence i can completely see why people would think that i would just try and get around it, but i am looking to turn to airsoft as a full time hobby. My local sites rentals don't work very well and i personally like the fact of turning up with my own rifle, puts me one step closer to the real thing, but that's just in my eyes. I am sure that many people new to airsoft rental or not if they were to buy a new aeg that is two-tone they will want to know what is painted so they can upgrade. No-one wants to use a two-tone gun full time. Buying a AEG that i know will perform better out of the box than my local rentals is the reason i will buy the rifle. I only came to ask. Everyone wants to make the guns they own as nice as they can, same goes for me its just soo much easier know what parts are painted and whats not. soo i can get a sense of what i can do with the gun.

Comment

Please read and understand the "LAWS" on air soft.
                  "The main aim of Sections 36 - 40 of the Act is to reduce the availability of imitation firearms within the UK. The ABA, UKARA & UKASGB have successfully argued for a specific defence for airsoft skirmishing. This defence is for skirmishers only - it is not applicable to target shooters, collectors or to those with a passing attraction to realistic imitation firearms. Therefore the main restriction is on the sale of realistic imitation firearms. You may legally keep any you own prior to the Act coming into force. The Act has no effect on skirmishing, nor has it any impact upon an individuals' ability to purchase accessories, spares, replacement parts etc. It is the sale of complete guns that is affected. It is likely that a court would view the assembling of component parts to produce a realistic imitation firearm as ‘manufacture’. It may well take the same view if a brightly coloured imitation firearm was painted to make it look more realistic."

Comment

So RedemptiionZ, what have you learnt so far??

Basically that most users think you are an under age kid who is trying to by pass the law.
                    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post

Basically that most users think you are an under age kid who is trying to by pass the law.
                      Pretty much lol. I'm 19 and just looking to airsoft as a hobby but like I said I cant blame anyone for thinking the way they do. There was no harm in asking what parts were going to be painted. as buying any new AEG you would want to know what it will look like.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post

there is no law that states he can't own a RIF lol

Comment

Thanks TX51.... I am well aware of the law

I fail to see your point though. The law is clear, you need to be a regular and over 18 to acquire a RIF these days.

The thing that was being pointed out is just that. As you'll see the longer you are on here, there is at least 2 or 3 topics a week which are thinly veiled variation on "I'm only 15, but want a real looking gun". This is why the first question (and probably assumption) from the forum regulars is that the OP is another kid trying to beat the system.

Comment

Thankyou Jag

You see TX51, rather than just from copying sections of the law and pasting them, although judgmental are from experience of literally hundreds of threads like this before.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                              Thanks TX51.... I am well aware of the law

I fail to see your point though. The law is clear, you need to be a regular and over 18 to acquire a RIF these days.

The thing that was being pointed out is just that. As you'll see the longer you are on here, there is at least 2 or 3 topics a week which are thinly veiled variation on "I'm only 15, but want a real looking gun". This is why the first question (and probably assumption) from the forum regulars is that the OP is another kid trying to beat the system.
                              i never really looked at it from that point of view. i only jumped the gun (pardon the phrase lol) as to me it seems like alot of people view the UKARA as some type for "Airsoft License" and it really isn't that.

thank you for point out that in a way that isn't insulting as i am new to the forums, i can see now "" having kids every other week asking about this one topic.

still want to keep the point that anyone that has a RIF and is worried that they could be breaking the law shouldn't worry because they aren't. i also think it is really important for people like us (who know the law and rules of airsoft) to help other understand thing like this so they are not discouraged in joining this type of sport.:D

Comment

Originally posted by TX51 View Post
                                i never really looked at it from that point of view. i only jumped the gun (pardon the phrase lol) as to me it seems like alot of people view the UKARA as some type for "Airsoft License" and it really isn't that.

thank you for point out that in a way that isn't insulting as i am new to the forums, i can see now "" having kids every other week asking about this one topic.

still want to keep the point that anyone that has a RIF and is worried that they could be breaking the law shouldn't worry because they aren't. i also think it is really important for people like us (who know the law and rules of airsoft) to help other understand thing like this so they are not discouraged in joining this type of sport.:D
                                And all is good in the world again:D

Btw OP seriously if you can, wait, it'll save you money and resale value

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RedemptiionZ Find out more about RedemptiionZ
                                Working...
                                X