Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Thinking of getting a Tokyo Marui. Got some questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick one to stop me making s tech thread.

Do rear sling mounts like the magpul asap plate fit on these? Is the stock tube the same size, and does it still attach in the same way?

Also, how easy is it to put one on? Managed to find a video about disassembling, and the guy seemed to have the gearbox open as there was a spring poking out etc?

Comment

Re: Thinking of getting a Tokyo Marui. Got some questions.

there is a sling plate especially for it ben. You need the wrench for it.

once you have the wrench it is a doddle to put one on.
      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Ah so its not just your bog standard sling plate? Bugger, just bought an AABB one! Oh well. Whats the proper one called/named/look like?

And how easy is it with the spring etc? Do you just simply oush it all back together, with the spring guide in the right place?

Comment

which spring? main one or recoil?
          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

I'm not sure? The video I watched, when he took the stock tube off, a large spring was poking out of the back of the receiver/gearbox, and a fairly large rod out on the stock tube

Comment

That's the recoil spring and the recoil unit....
              Check out Richards youtube videos

Comment

Okay thanks. Just managed to find a picture guide for the sopmod as well. It seems like it's easy enough to do. I'm guessing that you do have to take it off rather than slide that sling plate down the tube! Oh well!

Also got myself a stock tube wrench just now. I'm guessing any old wrench will do?

Also, when you said earlier about there being a specific one, do standard ones not fit?

Comment

With regards to the spanner there is a sopmod/socom specific one...

Comment

Oh bloody balls. Then I'm guessing the element one won't work?

Comment

Just noticed the price! £23?!

If the one I got doesn't fit I'll just get a normal wrench stick two hard squares in the holes I think. Will be the same tool effectively

Comment

The stock tube can be done with a normal armourers wrench (careful though, the metal is a bit soft).

I'd use one which attaches using alan bolts, so you don't need to remove the stock tube. I've got one on mine, I'll try and get a pic for you tonight.

Comment

A sling mount that connects with Allen bolts you mean?

The one I've just got has sticky out prongs rather than those square indents. They might still sit in the indents on the tube ring fine though. Of not, I guess just two squares, teatowel, normal wrench, and be a bit gentle. Bit of a pain that a sling mount isn't standard really, they thought of everythig else

Comment

You need to find my site and just type Sopmod in the search engine you'll find what your looking for...

Comment

It's banned at work for some reason!

Comment

Too elite for your works computers to handle..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Brodhurst Find out more about Brodhurst
                                Working...
                                X