new airsoft site/public liability insurance and your input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new airsoft site/public liability insurance and your input

hey bigshep we have already covered all of that i should have posted it all sorry but the whole power source thing we hand't thought about thanks. thinking about it i havent come across many sites that do have a power source actually.

keep the ideas flowing everyone. this is going to be a site built for and by airsofters so we really value all your input.

thanks
    Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!
    https://www.facebook.com/milsimsouthwest/

Comment

Things Id personally like to see:

- Power

- Good toilet facilities (not a scabby portaloo thats cleaned once a decade)

- A clean, tidy and well lit safe building, so if stuff goes wrong and you need somewhere to fix a gun, or do some loading or whatever you need to fiddle with youve got somewhere to do it

- Chargers available with a variety of common types and connections, Lipo, Nimh, tamiya, deans etc. so if things go tits up for someone with their battery (who hasnt had their battery that was supposedly fully charged suddenly die on them at some point?)

- God signposting of the site, how many times have you followed directions to a site only to think "Well... where the feck are we? And wheres the site?"

Comment

we are taking everything your saying into account and we have been looking at doing a warehouse style game site just in case the ties that go with the land fall through. whats everyone opinion on a cqb site in launceston. ie a main street with mock up buildings each side. that way you have toilets, power and possibly running water in a dry all weather environment?

thanks
        Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!

Comment

Hi,
          if it hasn't already been mentioned i recommend you contact ukara and to have a registered site you are going to need to look at this : http://www.ukara.org.uk/node/1 also ukara might be able to tell you how much public liability will cost but not 100% sure on that

Comment

thanks

the other site location may be in a massive barn on a farm as rent will be cheaper so green fees wont have to be so high. any input on things people like in CQC?
            Rune.

Comment

Originally posted by runefire01 View Post
              thanks
              any input on things people like in CQC?
              Yes:
              • Not too many people. Only 2 or 3 people can fire down a corridor at once. And being one of the 10 people faffing about behind them trying to play but not getting anywhere is annoying
              • Lots of ways to get from A to B. If there are only two routes from one end of the place to the other, you can bet there'll be 2 chokepoints in every game. And when that happens... see above
              • A variety of kinds of space - corridors long & short, rooms, big open halls, stairs, balconies. Little windows. Personally I'd love to see little things you can crawl through or climb over as well. But perhaps that's not practical
              • Different lighting - some bits well lit, some a bit dark, some pitch black.
              • Applies just as much to woodland, but good games, and good variety in games. Can't stress this enough. Attack and defend gets dull fast. Even good games need to change up quite often - for eg the Mall in Reading, probably the best CQB site around, but I wouldn't go every fortnight. There's only so much terminator and defend-the-flashy-thing I can stand before I just get a bit bored.

... I think that's all the stuff at the top of my head.

Comment

thanks all your input really helps us shape our site. keep up the good work everyone!
                Rune.

Comment

I quite like the premise of your woodland sight. But as mentioned above, the difference between a fun day and good day (and returning airsofters) is the modern convinces.
                  But really like the idea of Afghan scenarios. The barn concept is cool, maybe with a slight change though, i was watching a video of a american sight with a indoor warehouse.
                  My point is the buildings where just wooden constructs. but it was more of a simulation feel (swat training.) If you youtube it i think its called airsoft action junkie.

Comment

wrong section sorry

Comment

yea thats what we are basing our backup plan on. i love that kind of thing but we do have issues that go with rival airsoft sites in the area but we wont have anywhere as many health and safety issues as we aren't basing our site on what seems to be a cliff face. we might have to take up paintball as well to stay afloat but we will see. if all goes well in the first few years we might expand (depending on the economic climate) and have both sites.
                      Rune.

Comment

Insurance cost is based on a number of factors including turnover. Leisure Insure will entertain private clubs and the cost is much cheaper.

As for Planning permission, if it's not that much of a commercial venture (i.e less than 28 games a year) you are better off flying under the radar. If you ask and get told no, then you are stuffed, just do it and if you blag it for 7 yrs, they then can't say no!

A

Comment

we should keep it all above board but we will have to speak to a few brokers and other business owners for advise on the matter.

thanks
                          Rune.

Comment

If all goes well, wooden constructs in woodland work really well (using xsite lane end as an example) but only if theyre placed in helpful locations, but not so much as to be able to hold the game up for too long. And larger constructs i.e lane ends killhouse are great fun, 4 team domination ftw (20 or so a team).
                            Just a thought but go to the sites that you believe are the best run and talk to the marshalls / site owner, get some ideas to mix up yours a little.
                            Also as far as woodland goes i believe that lane end has it down. Might be a bit far from your location though; running power, good shop, constantly changing site, and a good set of marshalls. The toilets are horrific though (think trainspptting or dogma :/)
                            My 2 cents
                            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

thanks keep the input coming everyone.
                              Rune.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

runefire01 Find out more about runefire01
                              Working...
                              X