• Show
Clear All

Re: spraying

"Surpising that only a few people know the actual regulations?"
    "To buy you must have a UKRA Licence"
    clearly not you included then :P ?

Comment

I spoke to my local constabulary about this a few months back. Spraying a RIF in to an IF, IS considered as manufacturing. And they WILL prosecute.

Now is it worth 5 years of your life in a cell, and having airsoft banned in this country completely

Comment

So effectively, you're saying:

"It's illegal to spray a black gun green"? 0_o

Here's a sample from the bill :

"Under Section 36 of the V.C.R. Act it is a criminal offence to alter the appearance of an imitation firearm to make it into a realistic imitation firearm"

That's saying, it's illegal to spray a twotone into a black gun.

Sorry if i'm wrong, but I don't see the sense in saying it's illegal to turn a Black gun into something less harmful in terms of appearance.
        Last edited by bravotwozero; 12 September, 2009, 00:11.

Comment

You can paint a RIF any colour you want, but not an IF. Simple as.

Comment

Originally posted by starscream View Post
            Spraying a RIF in to an IF, IS considered as manufacturing. And they WILL prosecute.

You said RIF into IF!

Now you're saying IF into RIF.

Comment

Originally posted by starscream View Post
              You can paint a RIF any colour you want, but not an IF. Simple as.
              using that theory, if you spray your r.i.f two tone, which you say you can do, it then becomes an i.f

is it then illegal to spray it back

(i think that sort of proves my point)

Comment

isnt that saying its illegal to spray a real gun bright green in order to pass it off as a toy for example a real shotgun...
                |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

i think we have all come to the same conclusion here and the question has been answered
                  Originally posted by Teddykiller
                  I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcaptain View Post
                    isnt that saying its illegal to spray a real gun bright green in order to pass it off as a toy for example a real shotgun...

If that was aimed at my "don't see the sense in making it illegal to turn a black gun into something less harful in terms of apprearance..."

I was speaking of airsoft guns! :D

Comment

Originally posted by owainthegreat View Post
                      You said RIF into IF!

Now you're saying IF into RIF.
                      My bad, got it the wrong way around. Had a looong day.

Comment

i wasnt saying anything i hardly read the thread tbh haha

but yea seems its sorted now
                        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

ahhh no worries.... :D

Comment

You Should have got a Clear Gun...

My GR-16 Is and Awesome gun, I love it. But because only the receiver and carrying handle (to be replaced ith ACOG or Reflex sight ASAP) it looks like an RIF at a glance.

And If you can provide a defense (you Skirmish at your sight regularly) you can replace parts on your gun that are Two Tone. (I think it's classed as Manufacturing)

I wouldnt Paint a Gun... from what I have heard the paint over time chips off and looks disgusting. As soon as I have all the stuff I need to skirmish, become a member of my site and then skirmish once a month then I can make my GR-16 a RIF.

I have a friend at school, he is 14 and has a UKARA Reg.

His parents buy the gun, but he uses his Reg number to allow his parents to buy him an RIF.

Would I be able to do this?

GR-16 for Sale http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24928 Gr-16 for Sale

Comment

how does he have UKARA at 14... when you have to be 18

he may have a site membership number but this isnt the same

Comment

Sounds well dodgy to me. If the parent isn't a regular skirmisher, he or she is aiding and abetting a crime? The son isn't old enough to buy an RIF & the parent doesn't qualify for a defense. Would be interesting if they were pulled on the motorway.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

alexthekid Find out more about alexthekid
                                Working...
                                X