• Show
Clear All

Re: lipo charging help needed

Did the same as Gaffa.
    Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
      Just a thought... But those crocodile clips - aren't they for the battery... I can see two other ports (balance ports for 7.4v and 11.1v) on the other side.

Now before anyone screams at me, aren't those crocodile clips supposed to go to the battery?

I got a Turnigy Accucel 6 ages ago now, and when that came, the actual battery connection terminals were actually croc clip wires - I simply snipped them off, put a tamiya on and everything works fine now...?

Edit - the A6 is not a clone damnit. And the research actually suggests that the balancer on the I6 isn't as good... plus the A6 has a cooling fan. Not a clone...
      Early versions of the B6 did have some issues with accuracy. This problem is not evident with mine and mine is over 2 years old. I think its fair to say any issues were resolved. You would be very unlucky to find a old model in stock with a retailer.

The software is identical. Its a clone, though it has a fan.

Comment

Meh, it worked for me Tisane, and I'm balancing up to 8.40v with no issues.

To be honest johnnyhal - if you are going to ditch this charger and try a new one - at least give the croc clip thing a go...

As much as I understand that they are for car batteries, my Accucel 6 has a 12v Adaptor lead (as this in the photo), it has the balance ports (as this one does) and it did have the crocodile clips coming out of the red and black banana plug ports. I simply put a tamiya on there and it works swell now!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
          Meh, it worked for me Tisane, and I'm balancing up to 8.40v with no issues.

To be honest johnnyhal - if you are going to ditch this charger and try a new one - at least give the croc clip thing a go...

As much as I understand that they are for car batteries, my Accucel 6 has a 12v Adaptor lead (as this in the photo), it has the balance ports (as this one does) and it did have the crocodile clips coming out of the red and black banana plug ports. I simply put a tamiya on there and it works swell now!
          So you want to use the lipo battery being charged as the power source based upon the experience with a totally different charger.

Good God...

Edit, that said though I am going to wind my neck in now before I get bit. I don't mean to sound or be abrasive but I can see I am heading down that road. Apologies if it seems intentional. Its not.
          Last edited by The General; 4 September, 2011, 01:45.

Comment

Noooo please dont!!!!

Gaffa with the greatest respect mate, while you were straight in with the old A6 i was using this type of charger.

The cheapo chargers as with the B6 and A6 can be powered by car batt or via a 12v laptop adaptor.
            The only REAL difference is that the A&B6 have output terminals to charge while the balance output does the task of balancing.

Im not certain what the outcome of having a 12v input and your lipo connected to essentialy the same input but it cant be a good one

Comment

This is what I had meant.

NitroJoe - is this what you meant as well?

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I do see what you are saying Gaffa but I think the crocky clips are on one end and the 5amp laptop PSU type power connection is on the other end. They are not 2 different leads and there is only an input for power using the Laptop round PSU connector on this model and the outputs are a 2cell and a 3 cell Balance tap.

There are several versions of this charger. All of them equally rubbish lol.

Comment

Ahh drat... Same lead syndrome.

Never mind. It's late and the brain's not working as it should...

(Gotta blame it on something haven't I?)

Comment

No mate both of those are input only just like this.

And this is what you and i use for balance and charge.

The difference between our chargers and Johnnys is quite simply this.

As with General i can see what your getting at, my Esky one had a 12v input hole and red and black croc clips on the same end, very similar to the 1st pic of my B6.

Comment

Yes, that's what I thought when looking at it. But can only vouch for how the A6 works, which has a removable 12 input via croc clips, I guess this has hard wired input clips.... I'm not surprised it's crap charging and balancing through the balance lead! :s

I was going to get one of these as an interim charger, thank god they were out of stock and i opted for the A6!
                      Signature Removed

Comment

Ahhhh well if nothing else we prevented the OP from at worst needing a visit from fireman sam....lmao

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonnyhal Find out more about jonnyhal
                        Working...
                        X