This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paypal dispute- personal payment

£110 I was too excited about my first sniper and sent the full amount! Really hate myself now!
    sigpicSRC Custom for sale - element gear set and bearing piston head, SHS steel tooth piston, Lonex tappet and steel bearing spring guide, Madbull Hop rubber 6.03 TBB

Comment

same thing happened to me a month ago really put me off buying anything from this or anyone on it, raller spend a few extra quid and buy from a known online shop. you wont get ure money back and pay pal wont help you and your bank wont do anything as u sent it on your own accord... there should be a sticky on this forum about buying and selling on this forum

Comment

I have been buy and selling off this forum and others for years and been stung a couple of times , if your buying a gun or anything over a couple of ££ get as much info as you can FB account , home number . if they dont want to give you that info walk away

dross there are loads of stickys on this forum about buying and using paypal
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

NEVER SEND MONEY AS PERSONAL PAYMENT! You should always send funds as for Goods under the Purchase tab. There is no reason why the seller would need you to send funds as a personal payment. Unfortunately there is little you can do now. If you had sent the funds as purchase for goods then you could simply file a dispute with Pay Pal (which I have done myself). However as you sent this as a personal payment you can't reclaim your funds as they were sent as a "gift".
          For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
          Check out my other sales!

Comment

Incidentally, can we please get past the idea that your wrong move was sending the full amount for this RIF. It was not, your wrong move was using a secure online payments system and then waiving your right to buyers protection. You used the personal payments option which is designed for payments between friends and family members who trust eachother - hence there is no need for paypal to insure/protect the transaction.

99% of the time on here and other forums (and retailers for that matter) the money is always sent first and in full. Thats just the way it is done. And it needn't change because it works:

Scenario 1) Seller makes advert. Buyer likes gun/etc. Buyer makes payment. Seller receives payment. Seller sends gun/etc. Buyer receives gun/etc.

If anything goes wrong then the seller is protected because if the payment never arrives then its no loss to him and all he does is keeps the gun.

If anything goes wrong then the buyer is also protected because they have the option of filing a paypal claim or canceling payment, etc.

Scenario 2) Seller makes advert. Buyer likes the look of gun/etc. Buyer tells seller he likes the look of it. Seller sends gun/etc. Buyer receives gun/etc. Buyer sends payment.

Sounds similar but if it all goes wrong then the sellers only protection is that they potentially know the address of the buyer (potentially not ofcourse, if the buyer is using some one elses address) and even then what good is it to them, they can't very well march round there (potentially hundreds of miles away) and beat them into submission - I can hear the sirens already.

Comment

Yes should always choose GOODS payment!
              Good news is Stealthfighter emailed me today and said have posted it today!!
              sigpicSRC Custom for sale - element gear set and bearing piston head, SHS steel tooth piston, Lonex tappet and steel bearing spring guide, Madbull Hop rubber 6.03 TBB

Comment

^^^ the guy that stung me did the same thing still didnt come just means you hang about for another week without anything.. but hopefully its different for you good luck hope you get it

Comment

Originally posted by Kensai View Post
                  There is no reason why the seller would need you to send funds as a personal payment..
                  There is on here as far too many sellers are still demanding "Gift or buyer pays fees" - IMHO, if you choose to offer Paypal as the payment option as a seller then damn well expect to not receive the % Paypal want for processing your money.

Yet again the admin will simply say "Buyer beware" even though they are allowing sales to take place yet with all of the rules they have put in place they haven't put one in stating that ANY seller using Paypal CANNOT state "Gift" and accepts the cost incurred instead of expecting it for free.
                  sigpic
                  Signature removed due to one bearded mans love for another.....

(and Ponies)

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter.mei View Post
                    Yes should always choose GOODS payment!
                    Good news is Stealthfighter emailed me today and said have posted it today!!
                    Is that an appology then ?
                    MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Comment

to be fair a lot of sellers take the fee's into account when setting the price of an item, i would always be warry of a seller that demands you send the money through paypal as a gift. as a buyer, if you disagree with the terms of sale that a seller is imposing you always have the right to walk away, no gun is worth loosing your hard earned cash over no matter how sweet you think it is.

Comment

I've got something in the back of my mind that's saying it's against the T&Cs for someone to charge extra to accept paypal.
                        sigpic

Comment

Just go to his house and baseball bat him, he will soon give in
                          Originally posted by Tiercel
                          The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
                            I've got something in the back of my mind that's saying it's against the T&Cs for someone to charge extra to accept paypal.
                            Nope.
                            Mainsteram retailers both airsoft and general, offen charge extra for using Paypal.
                            Dont forget im sure profit margins and competition are hard enough in airsoft retail, just think of the lump that would come out of said profits for say a £4-500 gun.
                            There is nothing wrong with stating "buyer pays fees" its just then down to the poor buyer to work out what the all inc cost of his/her purchase is going to be, if they can be bothered that is.
                            Again think of the costs that can mount up when selling a 2nd hand airsoft gun on here, its hard enough having to sell for way less than its worth, then you include postage costs, packaging materials, and Paypal fees and its heart breaking.
                            A lot are quick to criticise a seller for listing his gun at £10-20 less than its new cost, but forget that the seller, after all the extras would be severly out of pocket if they listed it for what "window shoppers" think its "worth"

What is wrong is ASKING/TELLING someone they HAVE to "gift" funds.
                            There is a very good reason Paypal charge that X% on "goods" transactions, and not on gift.

These types of thread are just as common as the old "bestest M4" ones these days, but people still fail to heed the warnings contained in them.

I have to be blunt at this point im sorry, you didnt do your reaserch before buying and have more than likley now lost you hard earned dosh, and gun. (i realy hope you havent)
                            Learn from the experience and the next time some one says or asks for you to "gift" tell them to take a long walk off a short cliff!!

Comment

I have had sellers asking me to send the money as 'gift' so they dont get charged fees but I refuse and say I would rather pay the fees for them then send as a gift.

Just Bought some lovely M4 mags from a really nice seller. I haggled him down quite a bit on his original price with the statement I would pay his fees, At 4% on a small cost its not much.

On a 110 sniper it would have been an extra 3.59 GBP for payment protection.
                              AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
                                That would be on eBay - they don't let you. Wonder why.... *cough* owned by same company *cough*

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hunter.mei Find out more about Hunter.mei
                                Working...
                                X