Help protect my face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help protect my face

I wear disposable contact lenses when i am playing. Combined with a mesh mask and mesh glasses the set up is ideal.

Comment

I tried different masks and they all steam up one way or another, best way around it was a mesh one(without face shield) and my speccies covered in fairy liquid, it did steam up, mostly after a while gaming, but at that point you either needed to reapply the liquid or suffer the blur)

Personaly I don't use face shields, the teeth damage could happen at point blank face shot with a springer or a high power aeg, but place I play at dont have retards so nobody does that, if it's a close range shot, it's a chest shot.

My next choice will be V12 as a lot of people are giving them good reviews.
      The special antifog cloth you get with the goggles, how long does it last for(skirmishes, my gaming site of choice is Close Action Airsoft, which is woodland based so depending on the area of the forest you're in, temeratures/humidity vary)?

To fill in those Rx inserts, how much you reckon it would be at Tescos?

If more than a tenner, I'd like that link PM'd mate

Comment

Prity much all the team I scurmish with have mesh masks from the oriental colony we us to own and we all swear by them I also wear glasses , I either wear bolle's and put up with the blur or wear mesh goggles over the top of my glasses , don't realy suffer much with condensation .
        From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Hi guys a thank you all so much for your replies. Given me a lot to think about!

By the sounds of things, the mesh mask and separate mouth / ear protector is the way go. Thankfully, the glasses I use for these sorts of things are an extremely thin wire frame which press up nicely against the side if my face. Delightful.

As regards laser eye surgery, I ask you one question... Have you ever met an optometrist who (eye doctor) who has had laser eye surgery? I haven't, as such I don't even entertain the thought of it. Furthermore, I have aggressive stigmatises (double win!!) so I think laser eye surgery is off the table for that reason alone.

Concerning contacts, only the hard ones work for me and I find them to be very painful (both on the wallet and eye). So glasses are my comfort zone.

Will put in here the models I'm considering and Find out if your guy have any first hand (I mean eye) experience!

Thanks.

Toby

Comment

tis true the mesh mask and face guard is a good combo, for me it was almost perfect,the only reason why i switched to V12s was the fact that i play cqb, which means a lot of low light environments...you do have poorer vision with mesh..only slightly...maybe 10-15% due to having to look through mesh...but however i found this intensified a lot in low light and darken rooms, add smoke to the equasion...and you cant see!!

well you can see, but only close up say like 10 meters...after that distance its just becomes ghosts n shadows...which is not very good if you need to react quickly, and you cant tell if its a friend or foe, a marshall or a barrier lurcking in the distance...

so i switched to my ESS Advancer V12 used the Hi-Def Yellow lenses, and its different gravy...now i can see in very low light, added with the fact that i have my peripheral vision back...and i can see my feet without having to tilt my head down, and look down the sites of my gun with ease (not that i do that anyway)

so for me they without doubt the best combo...

however saying that i cant guarentee for sure that they would remain as fog free if you combine them with inserts...because thats another added problem
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                tis true the mesh mask and face guard is a good combo, for me it was almost perfect,the only reason why i switched to V12s was the fact that i play cqb, which means a lot of low light environments...you do have poorer vision with mesh..only slightly...maybe 10-15% due to having to look through mesh...but however i found this intensified a lot in low light and darken rooms, add smoke to the equasion...and you cant see!!

well you can see, but only close up say like 10 meters...after that distance its just becomes ghosts n shadows...which is not very good if you need to react quickly, and you cant tell if its a friend or foe, a marshall or a barrier lurcking in the distance...
                Thanks for the advice, for my job I sell FLIR Thermal Imaging cameras. So I am able to borrow some 'interesting scopes'. So low light conditions and smoke are where I look forward to playing most..

Thanks again chaps!

Toby

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Groot T Find out more about Groot T
                Working...
                X