Collapse

The Ultimate first GBB pistol thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Ultimate first GBB pistol thread.

Tokyo Marui Glock 17 Simples.

Comment

Tm m92f

Pros:
      nice size and weight
      good blowback
      rather good mag size
      dosent look stupid with add ons like a silcencer and laser for example
      Its accurate and can put out a good range for a pistol
      really good for any die hard lovers
      Cons: seems to be less aftermarket stuff about for them compaired to the glock colts and hi cappas
      Not extreamly reliable 98 percent of the time it is
      but some misfeeds and slide jams. quick to sort out though even when your under fire ive took out 5 people with aegs even after a jam i just dropped to the floor re racked the slide and i jumped up and was off again.
      im not sure if its just me i put my guns through quite abit of abuse without cleaning them.

overall its a good little shooter and since its a slightly older model its generally a few quid cheaper than the rest of the tm range.
      if you shop about you can get them with 2 mags and stuff

Comment

TM Hi-Cappa (any flavour)

Work out of the box in common with all TM gear, cycle fast and the accuracy even stock is amazing. They are resistant to most kinds of abuse and as you grow more confidant can be worked on. Plus even the standard slide is resistant to being run on green gas with hi flows and uprated hammer and recoil springs. Been running my 5.1 as stock apart from the valves and springs for going on 3 years and had no problems whatsoever.

The cons: the balance is a bit wierd, most of the wiegh is in the grip with the mag in. This can be countered by fitting a metal outer barrel. It is plastic for those who want a full metal pistol and it can be difficult to find a holster for them.

On the whole I still use my 5.1 despite having 3 WA 1911's and a TM MEU floating around the house and I would thoroughly reccomend either the 5.1 or the 4.3 to a new player. The Xtreme is also a good gun but given the full auto only nature and the stoopid rate of fire is better for someone with a lot of mags.
        Originally posted by tackle
        For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

WA pistols

these are one of the most expensives brands of pistol to buy but are very very nice guns to use

ive owned a few WA 1911 variants and they have all been amazing - they are ABS but are still realistic weight and feel metalitic to the touch - this is good as the plastic is light and the guns cycle really well

also very impressive performance out of the box (never mess with my gas guns) - beats alot of TM gas blowback - which i also highly recommend

another great pistol is the KSC USP - mine is a factory custom one but i feel that the normal ones are still awesome, lovely metal slide, full trademarks which are nice and one of my best performing pistols - 300fps on green today (and the weather wasnt exactly warm) really good range and accuracy on it - also the mags hold alot of gas and ive never had a problem getting through a full mag even in really cold weather

also KSC glock 18c - used to own 2 of these - very lovely gun to fire - pros are fast rate of fire and high gas capacity in a very small gun - however the plastic slides arnt the most reliable and a metal slide ruins the performance
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by Evansy View Post
            IIRC the TM DE hard kick has a metal frame inside the slide so there shouldn't be any cracking for a good long while and if it is such a worry use the 134A it was designed for. Also you shouldn't be wearing a holster on your trouser belt.
            You missed stupidly huge and heavy from the cons list too.
            The slide cracking at the front is quite common I believe.
            and come on.. 134a is boooriiinnngg, you cant have a beast unless you use green or propane!

And why shouldn't I wear a holster on my trouser belt? it works.. its comfortable.. is there an unwritten rule of war?
            Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

My Pistols at the minute are

Army MEU
              WE Hi Capa 5.1 and 7.1
              KJC Beretta 92F
              and Collecting a Tanaka Browning Hi Power from a well known shop in little Chalfont next week

The best one of the 4 is far and away my KJC Berreta. This is the only ABS one here but I have had this 3 years now and never ever had a problem with it or its mags, very accurate to about 20 mtrs and really thats all you should be using it at anyway. Nice weight and solidly built with no flexing, and is only around 50 quid to buy.

Next would be the Hi capa 5.1 full metal, very reliable and again no problems with mags, although the slide does rattle a little bit but nothing of any note to worry about. The 7.1 read as above but is too long for any sort of tactical use but it does have a ris rail. looks really cool but I hardly use it as the barrel is too long to be practical.

The nicest looking one and the reason I bought it was the Army MEU. Unfortunately looks are deceiving. Nice, well made and with spares to boot as in a replacement hop and rubber O rings, and at only 60 is quid this looks real value for money. But beware, I have had 3 mag replacements with this and all seem to have suffered the same problem. When you refill the mag you get a ton of gas squirting everwhere, as if it is full or the valve is blocked. This has happened on every mag I have tried. It may be that the nozzle on the gas can is the wrong size but I have tried 3 different brands ( kickass Guarder and predator ultra), all giving the same result of gas squirting everywhere. When I did think I had filled the mag I got off 4 shots max before it died. Also when I did manage to fill one completely you only get about 1 mags worth of ammo to 1 mag of gas, so not only do you have to rfill bb's every time you need to take gas with you too on your missions All in all a lovely well built piece of kit but with poor mags I am afraid. On the upside they are fully TM mag compatible and I am going to try one of those in it and see if the problem is addressed with that.
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

i started with a WE hi-cappa and i still love it done so much to it , but i got a tm after the m92f and it just felt like s*** i guess it was because of the plastic

Comment

TM P226 is a fantastic first pistol.

Doesnt matter what you do to them they keep on working. Ive been running mine since day one of release and at first oppertunity I did my standard issue, winter valve and uprated valves in all the mags and its never skipped a beat. Well saying that it recently had a hicup when I decided to clean it for the first time. After this is kept jamming on the first round which for the first couple of times seemed quite cool. But then it got moderatly boring. All is fixed now with a bit of dirt in the slide. (And im not joking).
                  TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
                  Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
                  Maruzen APS Type 96
                  TM P226, Tac Master .
                  WE SCAR + VFC UGL
                  KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

sorry to go off topic a sec:

jfox, i had this same problem to with my army meu. thinking it was the mag, i completely dissasembled the mag, sorted it all out, replaced everything in it, to no avail. I then looked at the bbu in the gun, and this is actually what causes the problem. Basically, they lube it waayyyy too much underneath, which you cant actually get at without dis assembling it. If you are confident with your guns, fully take down the entire bbu, clean it all up, tighten it all up, and put it back together. Id be 99% sure this will fix your problem.

*edit* just to clarify, as for the mag leaking gas everywhere as you fill it, ive found that meu mags can be temperamental as to the precise angles whilst filling. Hold the mag so the fill valve is inverted and completely vertical (the mag will look wonky) then, with your gas inverted, also get it completely vertical. Push nice and hard on the fill valve, with some real pressure, and it should fill fine, with very minimal spillage, if any.

Dom
                    Last edited by Dom S; 5 October, 2009, 18:33. Reason: im stupid

Please see this thread, as well as iTrader, for trader feedback!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26651

Comment

i can highly recommend the TM hi-cappa 4.3
                      i had 1 that unfortunitly got nick, but it was the mutz nutz, nice kick and never really let the cold effect it, can highly recommend that...

..there is the TM Mk23 socom NBB amazing gun, just keeps going and going. love it!! again, cant fault it!!

Comment

KSC USP 45.

Bear with me...

Pros:
                        Easy adjust hop up.
                        Big and chunky
                        Durable
                        Easy to strip and clean
                        Great recoil action
                        26 round mags with gas that lasts forever
                        Cons:
                        Put too many rounds in and force the mag on, you can send up breaking the plastic top slide
                        Can take a lot of minute adjustments to get it to be perfect.

But thats all...

Comment

+1 hoggy

my KSC USP (UN custom with metal slide but still) is fantastic, comfy, easy to use and agree when you say the gas lasts forever, can easily get 2 mags out of it even when its cold

also has super strong recoil and its breathtakingly beautiful
                          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

apmaman Find out more about apmaman
                          Working...
                          X