Collapse

Load Out: Is It All REALLY Necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Load Out: Is It All REALLY Necessary?

ahh sounds like me

built my own custom rig so i could carry my MP7 and USP aswell as my mp5, yet ended up handing them out as we did a pistol (semi) only game to start with :/

EDIT - anyway im being off topic lol
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Kit is part of the fun! I used to think that when I started, but now for me it's 50% the look and 50% practicality.

I need to carry 12 mid caps, 3 pistol mags, pistol, gas, spare ammo, pyro, radio. Got to go somewhere, so might aswell all match :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ammo View Post
        Thanks guys. :D
        I'll be using mid caps as well (I prefer them over hi-caps too) and I've git something like 17 of them. :/ I'll look into grabbing a few extra bits online in some places and see what I end up with.
        17? Blimey, I play with five 140rd mids.

I usually take out:

5 Midcaps (and maybe one low cap when I like to make my G36c look flashy with the fake rounds)
        Pistol + Mag
        Spare Pistol Mag
        Hydropack
        M4 style Speedloader
        Spare mini battery
        Pyro
        "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

It's not necessary to have full matching kit or 100% accurate loadouts.
          I tend to wear this kit worn over any combo of camo.

Comment

You're totally correct to raise this issue as it too was one of the first things I noticed when I started back in 2004/5.

Essentially what kit you wear should relate to what you need to take part in the game/sport effectively so that you are not hindered by anything. You definately need to be wearing some kind of risruptive pattern (camouflage) on most sites, so Iwould suggest not wearing a single colour as you'll stick out like the proverbial sore thumb. Of course you'll need a hat, again, ideally one to match the terrain foliage. You'll ideally need something to hold additional ammunition and water. Boots of course are ideal but if you haven't go them it's no big worry as on most sites the foliage is such that your feet will 'usually' be covered, but go for boots to prevent any ankle injuries.

Some people carry all sorts of other stuff and in my opinion it's pretty pointless - why does anyone need glowsticks during the day? Why carry bags abd bags of loose ammunition when just 10 minutes the night before you can load up? Why carry extra batteries when a bit of foresight would facilitate charging them a day or so beforehand?

Essentially, your loadout (to my cynical eyes) is usually representative of your objectives. I know that if I see guys fully kitted in hundreds and hundreds of pounds worth of kit I'll know to get those people in my sights and take them out - and usually they're not difficult to find on an airsoft site as they're 'usually' the ones who lack tactical awareness in favour of expensive kit. Some of the best airsoft players I have played with and against have been the guys who don't think that the biggest priority is how they look, but how effective they are - and therefore their kit reflects this - bare minimum to allow them to move quickly, crawl quickly and quietly and impede their movement the least.

Happy hunting.

Comment

Ammo, if your going to be carrying a lot of mags, id personally say about 8-12 is the most youll need. I have the warrior vest, which, after upgrading, has 8 mag pouches (Single, elasticated top), a pistol holster, a radio pouch, and 2 utility pouches. It looks good, but it has enough room for all my mags, my pistol and radio, a couple of bottles of water, a bag of BB's and a speed loader. Thats all i need. It could of been done cheaper, and i already owned a set of PLCE webbing before i started airsofting. The reason i went for the vest was it looked good, and was practical.
              It just depends on how good your drills are. If you can carry 17 mags in your pockets without them digging into you every time you lie down, and you can get into pockets without risking losing stuff, can carry everythign you need in pockets etc etc,then do what you feel comfortable with! Personally, i like to have the kit i do.

With regards to 'geardos', if people want to spend hundreds on a decent gun, then a bit on kit, then i dont see what the problem is. Some people like to go for the look. The team i played in used to go for ACU's at GZ, because we stood out and could be seen as a team. Now we use either BDU's, DDPM or DPM. It makes us look like a more professional team.

Dont be pressured into buying kit to fit in, as nobody will get the hump. But ive found that my airsoft experience is enchanced by sticking some kit on and running round like a loon, enjoying myself in the process. And thats what it all about at the end of the day!

Comment

Personnel load out is idividual to each person.
                I started with a basic DPM loadout with my mags stuffed in my pockets and empty mags went down my jacket 'Brecon' style.
                After a few skirmishes, i went to my 1st milsim, and discovered basics to be lacking in what was needed for a 24 hour game.
                Since then i have become a bit of a 'geardo', now having the following loadouts.
                British DPM with PCLE and MLCE
                British DDPM with Osprey
                Auscam with Platatac chest rig
                Russian Besreka Spetsnaz urban with vest
                US Tiger Stripe with either VN or modern period webbing/vest
                PSD tan kit with bandolier and Ops waistcoat.
                Ali Akbar arab/iraqi insurgent load with old chi cam chest rig.

A lot of the kit is interchangable, and there is more to come. but this is my personnel preferance, at the end of the day i buy what i can afford that will be used.

7.62's comments were, i think, reflecting the fact that there are some players out there who do look the part, but make themselves easy targets.
                At a recent milsim i was with a few guys who'd been tasked with guarding the generals residence. We were reinforced at one point with a group who looked like they'd walked off a film set, the kit was that good.
                My guys gear was also authentic, but the differance was that when we were attacked we had no problems diving into the mud and crap to get into cover, as opposed the our reinforcments who didn't get into cover immediatly for fear of getting mud on their kit. this resulted in half our backup being taken out in the in itial attack, the rest following shortly afterwards, and my guys repelling the attack from our rather damp, muddy positions.

I have great kit, but i also have a washing machine.

Ratty

ratty
                Trader Feedback.
                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

i have lots of kit but i wear what is 1. comftable and 2. some think ill enjoy wearing not buy some think cos every one else is wearing it or becasue some one tells you its the best at the end of the day every one has there own ideas on what camo they like and what they dont and also what is practical for the role you play in airsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzy View Post
                    I've got a fair bit of kit, but tend to wear the same loadout over and over. I've got an Eagle plate carrier gathering dust, but I can't bring myself to sell it
                    Similar situation with my guns, I actually use my CA M249 as a loaner for people
                    sell it to me you bumb!

Comment

Well I think this would be adequite, although this is a wholesale site, you cant buy off this site, but if u could find it somewhere else, i think it would be good.
                      http://thatchreed.co.uk/index.php?ac...productId=1370

I personally WILL BE wearing a jacket, that vest, and some tracksuit bottoms. Comfy, and light. And enough space to hold mags etc.

Comment

loadout is important. Thats not to say it has to replicate a certain militairy unit ,or you have to carry everything including the kitchen sink. Just because one person decides they don't want to carry alot, and wear whatever clothing they like does not mean its not a loadout. In addition to the obligatairy eye/face protection ,I would say some other good bits of kit to have are. A hydration pack, something to cover your head/neck, and some gloves .

Comment

Originally posted by Twitchy View Post
                          i have lots of kit but i wear what is 1. comftable and 2. some think ill enjoy wearing not buy some think cos every one else is wearing it or becasue some one tells you its the best at the end of the day every one has there own ideas on what camo they like and what they dont and also what is practical for the role you play in airsoft.

I love your rocky horror loadout the stockings really suit you :eek::eek:

Seriously though, got to have the kit makes you wanna be the hero :D:D

Ask about joining the UNIT

Comment

The first time i went to a skirmish when we rented we only got a cvamo jacket and trousers...(and a mask and stuff obviously)...but yeh we just carried everything in our pockets...so no a loadout isn't nessesary...but it all adds to the realism! and mainly the FUN factor.

Mr Chip
                            Mr Chip
                            Always chippin' in

Comment

You're going to need some way of holding more magazines. Some games, 1 hi-cap isn't enough. Sometimes you play more than one game on the run.

You don't need to wear camouflage, but not being seen as easily does help. Second hand DPM is so ridiculously cheap that it's nearly worth getting it just because you can.

Having said that, I haven't got any camouflage. I've been waiting.

Okay. Wait. Now I have. I just found a place doing a clouseout on a multicam shirt in fat-guy size. When it arrives, it'll be the first time I've worn camouflage to skirmish, aside from my DPM SAAV. Which I dislike,a nd will be for sale soon.
                              Last edited by rik; 10 October, 2009, 13:17. Reason: I should finish before I hit post...

Comment

Originally posted by BlutBoomer View Post
                                Well I think this would be adequite, although this is a wholesale site, you cant buy off this site, but if u could find it somewhere else, i think it would be good.
                                http://thatchreed.co.uk/index.php?ac...productId=1370

I personally WILL BE wearing a jacket, that vest, and some tracksuit bottoms. Comfy, and light. And enough space to hold mags etc.
                                That is a good basic vest but a quick google search has shown that it retails at about £55-65 which is alot for that style of vest.
                                You can get the same style of vest made by Viper and in alot more colours for around £30. Another good starter vest which will hold everything including the kitchen sink is the SAAV (South African Assault Vest) again by viper and for around the £30 mark.
                                I wouldn't recommend playing in tracksuit bottoms while as they're light they aren't strong and will get ripped to bits in the first bush you crawl through. You can pick up surplus trousers for about £10-15 and they'll have cargo pockets for carrying even more crap :p

Originally posted by 7.62mm View Post
                                You're totally correct to raise this issue as it too was one of the first things I noticed when I started back in 2004/5.

Essentially what kit you wear should relate to what you need to take part in the game/sport effectively so that you are not hindered by anything. You definately need to be wearing some kind of risruptive pattern (camouflage) on most sites, so Iwould suggest not wearing a single colour as you'll stick out like the proverbial sore thumb. Of course you'll need a hat, again, ideally one to match the terrain foliage. You'll ideally need something to hold additional ammunition and water. Boots of course are ideal but if you haven't go them it's no big worry as on most sites the foliage is such that your feet will 'usually' be covered, but go for boots to prevent any ankle injuries.
                                I'm with you so far but I do have to disagree with the not wearing a single colour. I've played 'Nam theme games where the US side has been able to hide pretty well in plain OD. I do agree that camo works better but you dont exactly stand out in plain colours.

Some people carry all sorts of other stuff and in my opinion it's pretty pointless - why does anyone need glowsticks during the day? Why carry bags abd bags of loose ammunition when just 10 minutes the night before you can load up? Why carry extra batteries when a bit of foresight would facilitate charging them a day or so beforehand?
                                Glowsticks in the day. If you play urban where there are alot of dark areas glow sticks are handy, its easier to have them stuck in a spare molle loop ready for when you need them than stowed in a pouch. It's the same if it's a 24 hour milsim game, you'll need them at night. Some people who play mostly milsim will leave the glow sticks there even if they're playing a standard sunday skirmish as why remove them and possibly misplace them if they're doing no harm sat in the front of the vest.
                                Why carry bags of ammo? Simple, you dont know how much you're going to use. If you have 10 mids that's 1000 rounds, Will that last all day? Who knows? better to have the ammo and not need it than need it and not have it.
                                Why carry batteries? If you use mini batteries it's a bloody good idea. It means you wont have to trot off to the safezone when you're battery dies mid game.

Essentially, your loadout (to my cynical eyes) is usually representative of your objectives. I know that if I see guys fully kitted in hundreds and hundreds of pounds worth of kit I'll know to get those people in my sights and take them out - and usually they're not difficult to find on an airsoft site as they're 'usually' the ones who lack tactical awareness in favour of expensive kit. Some of the best airsoft players I have played with and against have been the guys who don't think that the biggest priority is how they look, but how effective they are - and therefore their kit reflects this - bare minimum to allow them to move quickly, crawl quickly and quietly and impede their movement the least.

Happy hunting.
                                You seem to play with the "all the gear, No idea" types then. Most (about 80%) of the people I know who wear the hundreds of pounds worth of kit do so because A they can afford it and B it works for them. Most of them dont care what brand it is, they just want the quality.
                                I'll admit there's a percentage who seem to like the dressing up a little too much but generally speaking they tend to hang around at the back just making up the numbers. A little bit like extras on a film set.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ammo Find out more about Ammo
                                Working...
                                X