Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: reccomend me some eye wear

Originally posted by jediknight129 View Post
    do the 25 ones from the bay work with rx inserts and where should I be looking for lenses as Vision express want 70 quid.
    What ones are you looking at?

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

ess v12's I am looking at and for general recomendations for good ones would be nice, using shitty shooting specs at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by jediknight129 View Post
        ess v12's I am looking at and for general recomendations for good ones would be nice, using shitty shooting specs at the mo.
        Yes you can use RX Inserts for the ESS V12's, but you can only use the Wire inserts "NOT" the nylon ones.

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

The ESS V12's often seen on Ebay are the ones issued to UK forces.

I think this would lead to a fairly easy explanation as to why a £70-£100 product appears brand new on Ebay for around £25.

£25 for the V12's brand new with three lenses is far less than the trade cost of this item. Any retailer selling these at £25 a pop would be making a big loss.

No, I have not seen clones of this model. I am 100% confident they are genuine.
          Last edited by The General; 2 January, 2012, 07:50.

Comment

I use advancer V12's with prescription insert. Best eye protection I've used.

Picked mine up surplus on the Bay, for £20, the inserts for £10, and a rather helpful chap here on the forums gave me the website to get the inserts done to my prescription for £13 (including postage)

------------------
            http://tactixalgamer.blogspot.com/
            My blog, reviews and views on the gaming and movie world
            https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftDevon/

My YouTube Channel

Comment

it was longshot, who gave me the link for the cheap prescription inserts online, and i passed it on a couple of times....
              but here it is anyway
              http://www.specs-by-post.com/
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Daisy C3. Not to be mistaken for the Guarder C3, which, although more than double the price, aren't the same thing (or better, I should have said).

$11 USD posted to the UK, come in a case, cleaning cloth, strap so that they stick to your head, multiple lens' and the prescription insert.

There's nothing I can do to break the lens, and I've tried a lot of things (to getting a few different sized and weighted hammers to jumping on it with boots!) Some crazy russians couldn't break Dasiy's plastic lens' even with live ammunition - there's a Youtube video for it somewhere.

Oh, and yes several bbs have hit me in the lens and although the marks have started to show on the lens, there's no real damage.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

A question to the ESS and Oakley users:
                  Do you guys have problems with fogging or being uncomfortable with their goggles . I've found quite a few USMC after deployment equipment reports saying that they favoured the bolle's because of the fore-mentioned problems with the others . Has anybody had this ?

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooTheMarshmallow View Post
                    A question to the ESS and Oakley users:
                    Do you guys have problems with fogging or being uncomfortable with their goggles . I've found quite a few USMC after deployment equipment reports saying that they favoured the bolle's because of the fore-mentioned problems with the others . Has anybody had this ?
                    Any polycarbonate lens system will fog at some point. Even the fan ones with thermal lenses can fog in extreme situations. Use a good system with ventilation and don't cover your mouth (mesh lower face is fine though). Then use Salclear anti fog. No fogging issues. I will be trying the ESS NVG's with thermal lenses and Salclear soon. Only problem is I prefer the low profile ESS V12's so there is very little incentive to use the larger googles I own now.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tsv2tuff Find out more about tsv2tuff
                    Working...
                    X