TM Scar Advise ASAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Scar Advise ASAP!

Hey Guys, I need your knoweldge and know how! I want to buy a Tokyo Marui Pro Line AEG SCAR-L from Zero1 but don't know whether its worth getting the M90 or M100 Spring and Bushings? What will it do to the FPS because as far as I know its 280 Stock FPS?
    Any help appreciated, I want to order it today for the 10% off :D

Re: TM Scar Advise ASAP!

Can anyone shed some lght on this please?

Comment

personally I wouldn't get zero one to do it as they use normal aeg springs which aren't the right length
      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

I would just leave it,stock they have great range and accuracy.
        I'm A Cotton-Headed Ninnymuggins.

Comment

Hi,
          In my Honest opinion NO do not get the upgrade from zero one as the recoil version of the version 2 TM gearbox requires a particular spring that will not ruin the recoil or gun, There is a company that specializes in TM recoil upgrades and I hear their prices are very reasonable, I know people at zero one are able to work on gearboxes and such but the Scar is a £500 so you might as well get it done by someone who knows what will work with these gearboxes inside and out

X-ray

Comment

Cheers guys, I'll go for stock then :D

Comment

Ordered the Dark Earth one, can't wait it's gonna be awesome!

Comment

Have to admit they are utterly fantastic... Now I wish I hadnt sold my one but on the upside I did buy the TM recoil G36K with the money I got from it. have fun with your new TM gun

Comment

It 'should' be doing some were bitween 300 and 310fps out of the box , range and accuracy is finominal stock , and on no acount let the zero one butchers touch it ! As has been stated it needs a custom replacement spring if you stick a normal spring in it (like zero one are offering) you'll FUBAR it big time , thats nice of them !!
                  From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Druid, it won't be doing over 300 out of the box, due to Japanese law.

TM AEGs are pretty reliably about 280, if your chrono says otherwise it's more likely to be a problem with the chrono than a hot TM gun!

Comment

Originally posted by CHIFF_MoA View Post
                      Druid, it won't be doing over 300 out of the box, due to Japanese law.

TM AEGs are pretty reliably about 280, if your chrono says otherwise it's more likely to be a problem with the chrono than a hot TM gun!
                      Afraid your wrong there mate , mine was doing 308-310 out of the box (sticker on the side of the box read tested fired at F********* 309-309-308-310) and on my mates chrono was reading 309-310 plus a team mate bought one from a Japanese retailer and his was doing 307-309 out of the box . And if you want further evidence check out the TM scar thread on Arnies , loads of confirmation of the scars doing over 300fps .
                      Last edited by druid799; 2 January, 2012, 14:05.
                      From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

So I ordered it like I said but... It does'nt work!! So dissapointed, tried several batteries but nothing worked at all. Ordered it New Years Day, it came yesterday tried to use it but nothing, zip, zilge, nada! Straight from Zero One, Brand spankers, £489.95 of sexy nothing Have e-mailed Zero One, I assume they shut on a Saturday as they're not answering?

Comment

Did you press the bolt catch?
                          I'm A Cotton-Headed Ninnymuggins.

Comment

just to echo the above... did you press the bolt catch... cause when i got my sopmod i didnt press it like a tard then pressed it and bang... working
                            If you ever need any weightlifting, protein or gym advice let me know.

Comment

Yes I did that, went through all the instructions before (Well the engrish lol) still nothing at all

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WeeManDan Find out more about WeeManDan
                              Working...
                              X