TM Scar Advise ASAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TM Scar Advise ASAP!

Seems to me that took quite a few days for delivery dont you?? I know it was orderd new years day but that seems like a long wait. I really think something that expensive should be test fired before they send it out in the post. A lot of other retailers will test-fire and chrono guns before they send them in the post, it prevents problems like these and lets you know if your gun is too hot before you take it to your local site and get turned away with your new toy. I know its nice to open a sealed box and be the first one to lay your hands on a new gun, but its also nice to spend nearly £500 and have it work! Zeroone really do suck sometimes, hope you get it sorted out matey

Comment

Now I know this will sound silly,
      try putting a battery in the gun load up a mag and turn the gun upside down now go through the differnt fire modes with the selector (dont fire at all ) now rack the charging handle 10 times and make sure it is moving freely , turn the gun mag down to the ground put it on semi and it should work, if it dosent take the fuse out and try to fire one shot off. if the above dosnt work its sounds like the trigger contacts/motor might be fecked.

Comment

Mwuhahaha, sorry, had to laugh. Get a refund from them and go to someone like the support of fire .com if you get my drift!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
          Mwuhahaha, sorry, had to laugh. Get a refund from them and go to someone like the support of fire .com if you get my drift!
          It worked on my one so I thought it might help but thinking about it it does sound rather thick

Comment

I did think that about the Delivery, I phoned them up on Wednesday about it and they just said "Theres a back log of orders so theres a delay" and I also thought that they should of tested it too, its quite irratating. Umm not gonna lie that process sounds nuts but I'm at a point where I'd try anything lol. The reason I got it from Zero one is 1. It was in stock and 2. 10% off on new years. Serves me right for being cheap lol

Comment

Amazed you got a dodgy gun from new - I bought mine from a supporter of fire (Ahem) and they check it over and chrono before allowing it to be dispatched.

Comment

Ok so a little update, Fed Ex is picking it up tomorrow for Z1 to have a look at it... I hope it comes back before the weekend though!

Comment

Are you paying for delivery? I Certainly hope not, if they have another in stock you should demand a full refund and then help yourself to another one. If there is the slightest problem with it you have the right to a full refund. If they take it apart and investigate, by the time you get it back it could be scratched damaged etc...not new anyway! Get your money back and get another one.

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
                    Are you paying for delivery? I Certainly hope not, if they have another in stock you should demand a full refund and then help yourself to another one. If there is the slightest problem with it you have the right to a full refund. If they take it apart and investigate, by the time you get it back it could be scratched damaged etc...not new anyway! Get your money back and get another one.
                    are a lot of airsoft retailers willing to due this? I know they should, but airsoft doesn't seem to follow normal warranties
                    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

All it takes is a little bit of reciting trading standards and they have to refund it. The whole 'not fit for purpose' BS that i had to listen to on a dailey basis when i worked in retail. he bought a gun 1 week ago that does not shoot, thats not fit for the purpose of airsoft so they have to give a refund, its the law. If they say no you can take them to court, most places know that it just wwill never get that far so they dont worry about it. Most consumers will give up and just get shafted in the a$$, the ones that really make a stink about it will get what they are entitle too.

Comment

I know you can get a refund. But most don't seem to offer replacements, they always just seem to fix it
                        TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Nope they have supplied the courier, also I'll be ringing them tomorrow to see what they're doing about. I'm gonna say I don't want a 'Fix' I want a replacement or a full refund, in which case I'll have to send back the 5 extra mags and 2 batteries I also ordered...

Comment

exactly, they are not Tokyo Marui so its even possible that you get back a 'bodge' rather than a fix. I would put it down to them not checking the rifle before sending it out to you. They are showing stock of black and tan TM Scar's so ask for a replacment assuming you still want one, that way there is no need to send back any mags or batteries. If the gun was dead when it arrived then its not your problem so make sure they deal with it and not you. Remind them that every day you have to wait is another day they have your money and you have no product! IMO the courrier they have arranged should be bringing another Scar for a straight swap, why should you be without you new purchase for any longer! I had a similar problem with a £600 computer screen that I bought a few years ago, it had dead pixels when I first turned it on, I phoned them up and after a lot of complaining they finally agreed to send out a courier who swapped over the monitor the next day.

Comment

well atlest yours is in one peice, mine came from FS with a snapped stock tube (m4 socom) they paid the return postage for it and ent me a new one, free of charge
                              trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

It arrived on Friday 13th, whacked a battery in and it works. They refused to give me a replacement and fixed it instead, they said 1. the fuse was blown and 2. Bits were missing from the gearbox... At one point the guy on the phone even said that it looked as if I had opened it up. Which to say the least annoyed me allot. Anyway I'm playing tomorrow so I'll be able to give it a proper test then, I am however not entirely satisfied. On another note what sort of range should I be expecting? Cheers for all the replies too!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WeeManDan Find out more about WeeManDan
                                Working...
                                X