Collapse

Kar98 dboys thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sorry about this again?, as many people as you can. Kar98 dboys thoughts?

Originally posted by Treadhead View Post
    You'd be amazed how many people will swear blind that a crap gun is great so they don't feel like a tool for having bought one...

me most of the time lol

Comment

Re: Kar98 dboys thoughts?

What about the marushin one, im the guy who posted this before (and still has a wanted post on it) and the marushin one is still really expensive but it must be quite good right? But from what i've looked into about this, then look at it this way. The Kar will be a really nice gun in your armoury, and if its going to look really great and be wood, whats the point in buying it if its chinasoft and you can only use it 3 times. I'd forget about the Tanaka one, as not only are they impossible to track down they're way to expensive. The "really expensive airsoft shop in London" sells the Wooden Marushin one for around the 300 mark which is as good as your going to get (bar dboys).
      Current Armoury
      TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Comment

are the d-boys ones known for being easy to break then?

Comment

I think some people might have "call of duty syndrome"
          I suggest first up get a JG a G36c or MP5 or something and then move on to whatever you like once you know the sport better ... IMHO
          To the man who would be king, I will say only one thing

Comment

Ive wanted a Dboys K98K for ages now but most folks say its rubbish, a pity really if indeed it is but £100 isnt something I want to risk on it... I hear however the best K98 available is the Tanaka one however I think you have to change the restrictor or something? If someone could enlighten me that would be great.
            Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

i have one it is good as in for p****n about in your yard but at a scermish it will f**k up jam and genaly break it is more of a colect6ors toy thing or somethin BUT it is fun with the shells
              Last edited by GadgetMaster; 14 July, 2009, 11:34. Reason: Swearing

Comment

Originally posted by Felixpredator View Post
                What about the marushin one, im the guy who posted this before (and still has a wanted post on it) and the marushin one is still really expensive but it must be quite good right? But from what i've looked into about this, then look at it this way. The Kar will be a really nice gun in your armoury, and if its going to look really great and be wood, whats the point in buying it if its chinasoft and you can only use it 3 times. I'd forget about the Tanaka one, as not only are they impossible to track down they're way to expensive. The "really expensive airsoft shop in London" sells the Wooden Marushin one for around the 300 mark which is as good as your going to get (bar dboys).

Dont forget buddy, the marushin fires an 8mm bb. theyre an absolute bitch to get hold of. Get a tanaka. Much more reliable, well built, accurate rifle.
                Cheap Rifle Wrap for Sale!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...798#post371798

Comment

As has been said before, they're great if you're a collector or re-enacter, but don't waste your time if you're thinking of getting one to skirmish with.

The accuracy is pretty mediocre, (the barrel's actually in two pieces slid together, or at least mine is). The shells are made of crap metal, and pieces of the extraction rim breaks of if you treat 'em hard. The bolt flops around in the breech something bloody aweful. The airseal is rubbish from new and just gets worse.

You can spend a lot of time and make it something good to shoot, but in all honesty what's the point? You really can't skirmish with it, you'd spend half the day hunting through the grass and shite looking for lost shells.

Like kommissarboris, mine hangs on the wall...
                  Last edited by SkylinePidgeon; 23 July, 2009, 22:45. Reason: spelin mystaiks
                  Don't tell the wife...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Thinker341 Retro guns, Retro combats, RETRO! :D Find out more about Thinker341
                  Working...
                  X