Gucci Airsoft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gucci Airsoft?

Doesn't really matter what you wear to be honest. Some like to wear an authentic looking outfit whether cheap repro or genuine kit.

Some use the correct weapon for the kit they wear, others just turn up in jeans and a hoody. There is no right or wrong here, it's all about you.Iit is all about what you want from the hobby.

I personally wear 68 DPM and 58 webbing as i served in the forces using that. I then bought me an SLR and a Browning Hi power. The loadout is accurate but I would think nothing of taking out an my M14 or SG1 or even my Ak if i felt I wanted to use it.

I feel comfortable wearing the gear as do many others wearing what they turn up in. But in my opinion you buy what you can afford and people should respect that.
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by devinek View Post
      i have only been told that airsoft sites in north Wales are like this , but it has got me thinking are they saying this so i am put off going to the likes of alpha 55, alpha omega ect. i am hoping to get a few more sites so i will know what to expect if i go to a national game.
      Devinek, I'm a member of Alpha55 and have been for the last three years, and I've never encountered any form of eliteism in the way you mention. I can honestly say that the site made me feel very welcome when I first joined, and since then I've seen the site go from strength to strength. Players of all ages and abilities play alongside each-other - some with Systemas and others with two-tones, and all ranges in between.

Sometimes on the commercial days you get the odd stag-party idiot, but on the whole the regulars and members are a great bunch who look out for each other AND the new players, and are always willing to help out or offer advice.

I'm up there usually most weeks, so if you want to make contact before you go so that there's at least one friendly face whilst you find your feet then drop me a PM with when you intend going and I'll look out for you when I get there.

On the subject of away games, we regularly play at the large 24hr events, such as Catterick and Sennybridge for the Uprising and the Phoenix Rising series. It's the best way to experience airsoft - and your home site always looks lame once you've done a 24hr game!

And to come back OT - the gucci players are usually the ones that can't play! You can always tell how good a player is not by how good or expensive the kit is, but by how new it looks
      WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Kit means nothing we've motivated a group of newbies in site gear and they've absolutely cleaned the floor with the opposition. In all their 'load outs'.

Comfy and lightweight is the way to go. Anything that prevents you from hitting the deck quickly and getting up into a sprint is a waste of money.

Comment

hmmmm i have just made aware that the site i goto was named as the site in question ROFL am glad it is all lies, i know of one site but it aint in merseryside. we had a lad rock up in jeans and a hoodie and owned most of us. all i have got to say to that is SKILLS, we couldnt care if u rocked up in in shorts and t-shirt or if u came in all US navy seal gear , a hit is a hit no matter what you wear.
          They say that SOG was born from ex-Delta operators, only the best make the grade. Teflon warriors need not apply.

Comment

DEVINEK

whats your regular site mate? i have got an idea and if i think i know who the players are saying this twoddle, bitter coz they got banned from our site , god what we going to do with the youth of today lol
            They say that SOG was born from ex-Delta operators, only the best make the grade. Teflon warriors need not apply.

Comment

I 100 percemnt agree with everyone its not about having the right kit so fit in or watever its about having fun at airsoft after all it is a hobby and not a life scentence lol
              I have been to this particular website in merseyside and i myself was made unwelcome as it was my first time and i had to role in with regular dpm on and rent a gun, i was looked at and treated like i wasnt serious about airsoft, i have since been airsofting for about 6 months now and other sites i have been to have made me feel realy welcome , i think the members at this particular site need to remember they have had years to build up their kit, new players arnt going to have everything on the first day.....gosh are we back at school haha

on a positive note there are other sites just in and a little further of merseyside that i have been to and have completely enjoyed the airsoft experiance and meet great members so thanks guys :-)

Comment

I like to look the part dispite the fact i tend to look like a well armed Telitubbi.I still get looked down on because i'm wearing Multisham even though i own the real deal gear as well.
                I've helped people get a rocking load out by providing them with sources when they first started.One person in particular had quite a bit of money i wasn't aware of & as we all aspire to he began replacing his copy stuff with real Gucci Multicam gear.He started two threads on other forums which have grown to be massive & he even started his own Multicam forum.At this point in time he's on first name term with the folks at Crye but he's changed.Once he had replaced his copy stuff he started slagging it off & pretty soon he was actively seeking out retailers who advertised Multicamo as Multicam & reported them to Crye.At this point in time he slags off Multisham as if he's never owned any in his life,he reviews the real stuff & owns quite a bit of expensive gear.He's alienated everyone he's played with although they admit he was a laugh when he first started.That i suppose is one extreme of a Gucci airsofter.
                Me,i'll help anyone source what ever gear they like.It doesn't bother me if they are after real gear of copy.I own a 50/50 TM ,CA/China gun collection & as far as i'm concerned it doesn't matter what gun a person owns.I've seen someone shot in a game with a BB gun which came out of a Christmas Cracker,the owners of which were using it as a sort of back up Derringer but it threw a BB out far enough to cover 8 - 10ft.
                There's no room for snobbery in airsoft but i have to say it goes both ways.People object to players using guns they don't have,that happened on the site i use.
                Heaven doesn't want me & hells afraid i'll take over

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

devinek Go airsofting when I get the time of work wich is very little at the moment Find out more about devinek
                Working...
                X