getting the defence...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting the defence...

hey all, i've been looking around the forum and cant find any information about this, i am under 18 and was wondering can i play the required amount of games and then become registered when i turn 18, or will i have to do it all after i turn 18?

cheers

Nathan

Re: getting the defence...

After you turn 18.

Comment

You have to turn 18 nathan then apply for membership... then it allows YOU to buy rifs

Comment

To be sold legally you need to be a regular skirmisher (commonly defined as 3 times in more than 2 months) and over 18.

Therefore I can see no reason why you can't play every weekend from the age of 16 and buy a shiny RIF on 18th birthday.

(This is from somebody who has read the VCRA and has atleast a small amount of background in law)

Comment

Most places wont allow you to get stamped before your 18 though, but i do agree i see nothing wrong with getting stamps before hand.

Comment

Getting stamped? This sounds like some kind of retailer organised scheme?

The LEGAL defence would be met as per my interpretation. (which is what really counts - being legal, not what I think that is :D)

UKARA may or may not be, that would depend on a sites attitude. But I can't see why a "known regular" could not be sold a RIF (and indeed join UKARA if they choose) on 18th birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
              Most places wont allow you to get stamped before your 18 though, but i do agree i see nothing wrong with getting stamps before hand.
              LT has a point... but you would not be allowed to buy rifs... but have a word with the site see if they would let you pay for 1 and they hold it for you or a responsible adult that is a member

Comment

Not all sites use stamps like that. My local has you on a database. As soon as you've turned 18 and have played the required amount of games, they'll stamp your form for you

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                  Getting stamped? This sounds like some kind of retailer organised scheme?

The LEGAL defence would be met as per my interpretation. (which is what really counts - being legal, not what I think that is :D)

UKARA may or may not be, that would depend on a sites attitude. But I can't see why a "known regular" could not be sold a RIF (and indeed join UKARA if they choose) on 18th birthday.
                  Hey man! You get stamps at GZ! lol

It comes down to sites following the rules set out, however time and again said UKARA is not law and i for one have no idea what the law on RIFS are, are they illegal completely and you MUST become a member of the UKARA? i have no idea!

Comment

GZ is where i would be going, i'm based around lymington...if thats any help....but still i think its funny, you have to be 18 to get a RIF, but can get a shotgun licence at 15, one of which i have

Comment

The law is:

- You must be 18+
                      - You must have a defence (the one concerning us is being a 'regular skirmisher'.)

That's all you NEED.

UKARA is a shop owned database used to help shops (who won't know you personally) figure if you meet the above.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                        The law is:

- You must be 18+
                        - You must have a defence (the one concerning us is being a 'regular skirmisher'.)

That's all you NEED.

UKARA is a shop owned database used to help shops (who won't know you personally) figure if you meet the above.
                        And so with that sites decided to go with UKARA to help lessen confusion?

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                          And so with that sites decided to go with UKARA to help lessen confusion?
                          Bingo. Because, it may be your local site knows you play every time come rain or shine, the online shop 100's miles way has no idea who you are.

UKARA is there to protect themselves. The fact most shops in UK won't sell to you without it is because they protecting themselves - not because UKARA is the law (which is isn't!)

Comment

Got it! *MGS codec close noise*

Im pretty bummed i cant get my ukara sorted out before the weekender because of work! i might be able to book a few weekends off before hand but it has to be within 3 months and all this and that..and egh im going to bed.

Comment

i myself have been a regular skirmisher for several years now and am known enough to prove my defense. I am NOT UKARA registered but my local (ish) airsoft shop will sell me RIF's because i meet the "criteria" for defence.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

princer2009 Nathan Find out more about princer2009
                              Working...
                              X