Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: getting the defence...

In NO LESS than 2 months.

You can play one in Jan, one in June and one on Xmas day and still qualify!

Comment

This came up on my local sit forum.

The sites 'official' ruling for addtion to the UKARA database was:

You must have played 3 games within 12 months.
      Your first game has to have been more than 2 months before your last.
      You must be 18

Following these rules many players are eligible for the UKARA database on their 18th birthday.
      You dont need UKARA to buy or own a RIF .If you regularly skirmish then you already have the defense . You only have to wait until you meet the min age set in law.

I bought my first RIF from a friend at my site without UKARA. He was satisfied that I met the defense.
      But if you want to buy online UKARA is a must

Comment

There's nothing really to add to the posts above.

The law doesn't state if the games have to be before or after your 18th, in fact the law doesn't even state how many games you need to play to qualify as a regular player. UKARA set the 3 games in no less than 2 months rule to protect their own members, not to protect buyers, as the seller is the one who will be prosecuted for selling the RIF and not the buyer for buying it (or attempting to buy) unless they are under 18.

As with all things VCRA, until there has been a test case in court we won't know exactly how the law will be interpreted. In the meanwhile, once you get to 18, if you can persuade the seller that you're a regular skirmisher then they can sell to you.
        sigpic

Comment

cheers for the help,

turn 18, on new years, so hopefully a shiney new RIF for my brithday or there abouts see you out on the field

Nathan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

princer2009 Nathan Find out more about princer2009
          Working...
          X