Clear All

Re: Spraying a two tone gun

Originally posted by kejot View Post
    or better still, Dont buy 2-tones, get registered and get a RIF
    +1 to that. Though I didn't do it.

Comment

just do what i did
      after being "gifted" an IF purchase replacement parts and put them on AT your site them remove for the journey home and replace the green simples and then when your registerd you don't have a horrible sprayed one.
      Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

Originally posted by MilataryMupet View Post
        just do what i did
        after being "gifted" an IF purchase replacement parts and put them on AT your site them remove for the journey home and replace the green simples and then when your registerd you don't have a horrible sprayed one.
        How is that any more legitimate?

Its still manufacturing a RIF, which is ILLEGAL
        bought [bawt]
        verb
        Simple past tense and past participle of buy.
        brought [brawt]
        verb
        Simple past tense and past participle of bring.

Comment

Originally posted by kejot View Post
          or better still, Dont buy 2-tones, get registered and get a RIF
          Haha or that

Comment

^

Rental price at my local site is £20 a go (without extra mags etc)

See depends on what 2 tone gun,
            A g36c is very easy to replace the parts and make into a non snot tone once registered and i think it would cost less than £60 to do so .
            WHO PUT NOS IN OPTIMUS' FUEL CELL?!?!?! http://discharges.org/rave/
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
              If you don't have a defence, you're breaking the law.

Actually, even if you do have a defence, you're still breaking the law. Your defence is just that - your "but m'lud I skirmish so I have a defence" - you can still be brought to court.
              That's not technically true - you don't actually have to be registered with any organisation to be allowed to own a RIF. It's just that it's far more safe just in case anyone does take you to court. Amateur filmmaking or even just plinking in your garden (as long as you're fighting someone not just target shooting) is legally a defence. The loose nature of the law is probably why no one has ever been prosecuted for it. Basically it's just a matter of politicians pretending to do something while really doing very little. Not saying I approve of the gaping loopholes, just saying they exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Airsofter123 View Post
                just plinking in your garden (as long as you're fighting someone not just target shooting) is legally a defence.
                Not unless you've got 3rd party insurance as a skirmish site it's not!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                  Not unless you've got 3rd party insurance as a skirmish site it's not!
                  Isn't that a UKARA stipulation? I didnt think "skirmishing" had been defined in Law

Would it not be up to a court to decide whether your activity could be classified as "skirmishing" and whether you therefore had a valid defence?

Genuine questions. I'm not a loophole hunter in any sense!
                  bought [bawt]
                  verb
                  brought [brawt]
                  verb

Comment

Taken straight from the implementation order:

"6. Paragraph 4(3) gives the Secretary of State a power to provide for further
                    exceptions, exemptions or defences. This power has been exercised to make
                    the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 (Realistic Imitation Firearms)
                    Regulations 2007, which can be downloaded through the following link
                    http:www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2007 20072606.htm. The Regulations provide for
                    two new defences. The first is for the organisation and holding of airsoft
                    skirmishing. This is defined by reference to “permitted activities” and the
                    defence applies only where third party liability insurance is held in respect of
                    the activities.
                    The second new defence is for the purpose of display at arms
                    fairs, defined in the Regulations by reference to “permitted events”."
                    sigpic

Comment

I stand corrected - cheers RR... clearly my VCRA recollection is a bit rusty!
                      bought [bawt]
                      verb
                      brought [brawt]
                      verb

Comment

just do what i did
                        A pointless exercise! If you have been to a skirmish site, you are an airsofter, therefore you have a defence!
                        JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

^^ well if he's under 18 then he doesn't
                          and to ali i have been told by many people including people at my site people on here about that being ok as long as your replace parts before you leave

edit: the simple line is though don't spray two tones
                          Last edited by MilataryMupet; 25 February, 2011, 09:06. Reason: spelling
                          Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

^^ well if he's under 18 then he doesn't

edit: the simple line is though don't spray two tones
                            The act makes NO mention of age, except in relation to purchasing. Strict interpretation of the law would allow under-18's to manufacture and import (as long as the purchase itself happens outside the UK) if they are a regular player.

BUT, until there is some case law, this will always be dodgy ground. As you say, don't spray them and you will be safe.
                            sigpic

Comment

and to ali i have been told by many people including people at my site people on here about that being ok as long as your replace parts before you leave
                              I suggest they are referring to what you could get away with as opposed to what's legal.

Manufacturing a RIF is what it is, regardless of whether you are at an Airsoft site with appropriate insurance. You either have a defence (NOT an exemption) to the VCRA or you do not.
                              bought [bawt]
                              verb
                              brought [brawt]
                              verb

Comment

Originally posted by Ali View Post
                                You either have a defence (NOT an exemption) to the VCRA or you do not.
                                This.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MiloXC3 Name's Milo. I like to airsoft, of course, and I am a keep mountain biker, surfer and skater, and hockey player. Find out more about MiloXC3
                                Working...
                                X