Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covering Two Tones

Hello guys,
    just wondering what you thought on covering two tones. For example covering with sniper tape.
    Thanks a lot

Re: Covering Two Tones

From what I know, it's fine to cover a two tone for use on site, but before you leave you must remove the covering.
    But I could be wrong though.

Comment

To be fair i dont think most people/sites care!!
      Its your gun do what you like with it.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
        To be fair i dont think most people/sites care!!
        Its your gun do what you like with it.
        fair enough :D

Comment

It's more the legalities tisane
          Since it's illegal for someone to manufacture a RIF without a defence to do so
          I think if the covering is temporary then it's ok

Of course, if you're at a skirmish, you could argue you do have a defence anyway.

Comment

would simply being a member of a skirmish site be a defence ?

Comment

It's a bit of a grey area, the easiest way is to get registered on the UKARA database.
              Of course, you don't need to do this and simply being able to prove that you are a skirmisher is all that it takes, it's just how you do this.
              I would have thought having a membership at a site you regularly attend would count.

Comment

im under 18 so UKARA isn't an option. but do play regularly

Comment

There is nothing set in stone whatsoever.
                  Whats the defenition of manufacturing RIFs?
                  There isnt one.
                  I would say importing a RIF in parts and building it up is manufacturing, but others like yourself say cammo tape is manufacturing.

The first thing i did when i got my first TT was repaint it, nobody ever batted an eylid, they probably didnt even know it was resprayed.

All there is are guidelines.

You paid your own money to buy that weapon, who actualy has the right to tell you what you can and cant do with it????

But yes to avoid all these problems just meet the requirements for either UKARA or site membership then you can certainly do what the hell you want with it.

Comment

^ Exactly. UKARA and most of the 'Laws' only cover purchasing a RIF. What you do after it is debatable, and there is no real answer.

Comment

As i could be classed as a regular player would it be illegal just to change the TT bit for black ones

Comment

As i could be classed as a regular player would it be illegal just to change the TT bit for black ones
                        I say yes. It's debatable, but I can't see any problem in that. Just don't do anything stupid :D

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                          I say yes. It's debatable, but I can't see any problem in that. Just don't do anything stupid :D
                          yeah but i want to be sure because what you say and what the law says may be different

Comment

yeah but i want to be sure because what you say and what the law says may be different
                            This is a dark spot in the law. If you want to be safe, then keep the Two Tone parts on when the gun is not in use or is being used on private land. When skirmishing, stick on black parts. That is fine.

Comment

Think of it this way, if you hadnt started this thread and sprayed/replaced the TT bits who would know?
                              Who would care?
                              PC plod certainly doesent as, has been said a few times the police dont even know the ins and outs themselves.
                              And how much of a pain in the butt is it going to be to tape and retape it all the time?
                              By the time anyone notices you will probably have enough skirmishes under your belt to get yourself on the UKARA database.
                              Or on the other hand its only 3 skirmishes with a bright green (i presume) gun before you can paint it whatever color you like.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CoolG Find out more about CoolG
                              Working...
                              X