Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 retailers - 2 conflicting stories - one customer with the right hump

just to throw it out there......

Was the sale refused on grounds of UKARA....or the fact you were using someone else's credit card, as I know when you order anything over the phone the retailer should receive confirmation personally by the card holder to prevent credit card fraud......

which is why if I ever use the girlfriends credit card, I put her name down as the delivery name (and hope I intercept the parcel before she does :-] )
    DTW in a CTW body with systema barrel and hop for sale....open to offers for quick sale!! ***may be interested in a swap for PCP air rifle***

Comment

Originally posted by old_and_slow View Post
      i wondered if someone would pick up on the tags - there is also another hidden message there too.
      I did notice that, but chose to ignore it rather than get you an infraction
      sigpic

Comment

Tags???

BAMF brain hurt......explain tags?

Like Twitter?
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

OP - ring the retailer explaining that UKARA is simply a form of defence; in order for any RIF to be sold under UK law, the buyer must have a defence from the VCRA 2006 amended 1st Oct 2007.

Whilst on the phone, explain that you're able to offer your site owners details in order to confirm etc.

Again, the answer to "grounds of UKARA or credit card" would help for my idea.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by dth1 View Post
            just to throw it out there......

Was the sale refused on grounds of UKARA....or the fact you were using someone else's credit card, as I know when you order anything over the phone the retailer should receive confirmation personally by the card holder to prevent credit card fraud......

which is why if I ever use the girlfriends credit card, I put her name down as the delivery name (and hope I intercept the parcel before she does :-] )
            It was refused because the person paying for the gun (wife) wasn't the UKARA registered player. I have the email to that effect.

Despite the fact that we both live at the same address and that I made everything clear on the order form. I completed the additional info section pointing out that the credit card was the wifes and that the player was me and that a simple comparison against the credit card details and UKARA details would show that we lived at the same address which was the delivery address.

Comment

But there you go with the greatest respect i know your pi$$ed off enough as it is but its that retailer covering there butts.
              A face to face or maybe even a phone order would probably be different.
              But with no physical contact i would hope no matter how much trade they loose they would stick to there guns (no pun intended) on that sort of thing.
              If it was that easy half the un UKARAd airsoft community would be trying it.

Comment

I was recently bought a R.I.F from a another site as a birthday prezzie (a Bit of a late one) the shop said as long as it went to the address of the person who held the UKARA it was fine. My Gran paid for it with her card different surname,address

Comment

Think the shop is being over cautious really, but it just goes to show how crap the whole UKARA thing is.

Possible solution for the future would be to get the misses skirmishing.
                  The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

If over cautious is not selling to people who not regular skirmishers then id hope they were all the same.
                    However it seems at least one will sell in this way
                    Ok this time it was totaly innocent, but what happens next time when little billy likes the look of that M9 on said site and wants to use little bobbys UKARA and his own money to buy it, even though little billy hasnt been within a mile of a skirmish site.
                    Is that still over cautious?

Comment

Originally posted by starscream View Post
                      As far as I see it, if you both share the same address, it shouldn't matter who's paying for it.
                      Because the VCRA means that the person with defence has to pay for the RIF.

I would say that the first retailer is technically correct in the interpretation of the law as it stands.

And with the amount of credit card fraud out there I'm shocked that small retailers aren't ultra carefull about using cards that aren't matched to the delivery address.
                      I've just had someone nick my card details and run up big bills on online shops.. Now I wont be paying for the goods ... and you can bet you arse that the credit card company wont take the hit... It will be the careless retailers that sent goods to an address other than the card holder that wont recieve their money

Comment

but the credit card would be linked to the delivery address

Comment

Yeah they where right to refuse as it would be your wife buying it, without UKARA registration they would be breaking the law?
                          Om mani padme hum
                          ༀམཎིཔདྨེཧཱུྃ།

Comment

Transfer the money from her card to yours then use yours to pay!
                            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                            X