This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Airsoft and Ebay

I beg to differ on the point that even though it's broken down into two parts, it still falls under the VCRA. This is how some retailers in HK, indeed, people wishing to obtain RIFs spuriously circumvent the system.

It's all very well jumping to conclusions that the buyer would reassemble the parts anyway, as this may not even be the case?

I think the point that has been missed, is that the OP should have posted in the sale thread on Ebay, that anybody wishing to purchase both parts should be able to avail themselves of a defense against the VCRA in the first place.

As it stands, it's a bit "Horse/stable door/bolt" scenario.
    Last edited by BAMF; 19 July, 2011, 23:09. Reason: .
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

yeah good point I will do that if I have sell anything on ebay again

Comment

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
        Hey all I just sold the aug but the same guy has bought both the parts. What shall I do? Ask for ukara or post it to him?
        Satisfy yourself that he has a legal defence to ownership of a restricted item, be that UKARA, contacting his site, or phoning his mum and asking her...
        Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

haha ok, ukara makes my head hurt has so many complications and loopholes

Comment

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
            Hey all I just sold the aug but the same guy has bought both the parts. What shall I do? Ask for ukara or post it to him?
            So you are selling him a complete working Realistic Imitation Firearm. And the fact that you are asking the question means you know you are selling a RIF to someone who may not be entitled to own one.

So what do You think you should do?

I don't want to turn this into a VCRA bashing thread but come on! the rules are the rules. No doubt they are bent or broken every day but please don't try and justify it by asking us to share the blame for something you know you should not be doing.

Sooner or later someone is going to ***k up and knowingly sell a RIF to someone who has no defense whatsoever and then uses that gun in a manner that brings the user the seller and possibly our defense into question. Is it going to be you?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

I love Airsoft Find out more about I love Airsoft
            Working...
            X