Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Registered site no longer exists?

Originally posted by mafiadragon View Post
    i hope so the elite action games are on the ukara website as registered and he said he is
    That's what I meant - Helps to check.

My local is attached to a paintball and laser tag site, so I guess they don't need to recoup as much for the registration as a dedicated airsoft site.
    Their "fee" is £2 extra on your first game day's fee (£17 instead of the usual £15), then nothing but game day fees when you get your card. The cards are usually issued the first day, but they won't do your UKARA form (or verify you as a full member on the phone) until you've done the 3 games in more than 2 months thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpugster View Post
      Well I won't quite call it a scam, you have to remember that UKARA charge sites and retailers a yearly fee, or used to.

I remember seeing this on their website a while back although can't seem to find it now - does anyone know how much they charge if indeed they do?
      Yes it is. Having chatted to half a dozen site owners, no one has mentioned being charged to be part of the UKARA, although that's not to say you're not right.

Most sites make enough profit off green fees and hires already, no need to charge £75 for membership other than greed - it's ludicrous.

Comment

i mean because i cant really make it any other sites 3 times in two months, i am stuffed for a defence or could i just go with the "i tried to apply for UKARA, here is the site and phone number, check im a regular player"
        because the site i go to have a book that all our names are put into everytime we go.

Comment

i mean because i cant really make it any other sites 3 times in two months, i am stuffed for a defence or could i just go with the "i tried to apply for UKARA, here is the site and phone number, check im a regular player"
          because the site i go to have a book that all our names are put into everytime we go.
          Its 3 games in more than 2 months. You don't have to cram in 3 games in a 2 month period.

Its to show you are genuinely interested and not just doing your games in a couple of weeks.

Comment

...i am stuffed for a defence or could i just go with the "i tried to apply for UKARA, here is the site and phone number, check im a regular player"
            You are not "stuffed for a defence", you just have to work a little harder to prove it.

Fees wise, you're paying for site membership and not UKARA registration as that is free. UKARA simply take your site membership number and details and that's what they put on the database.
            sigpic

Comment

ok fair enough but im not even getting a site membership number or anything like that.
              as soon as i give him my information, its like it travels straight into his head through one ear the straight out the other. he says to me its the retailers fault that im not on there, saying they have forgotten about my bits of paper.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
              Working...
              X