Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ermm this is no way near legal

Originally posted by knicz37
    Why are you going so far out of your way to be a bum chum? Taking toy guns waaaay to seriously.
    Not out of my way when I'm bored at work to look at a few documents and print off a letter to my local station.

I know it's only toy guns at the end of the day, but we can either let him get away with it, importing illegal items into the country and bringing our sport into disrepute, or spend 5 minutes doing a little research and (hopefully) introduce him to a set of handcuffs.

Comment

OK!!!!

Steering this back on topic, does anyone know if he is ACTUALLY doing anything illegal, or if he is just being a dick with the web design skills of a MySpace user?

I might speak to one of the local police anyway, as they have access to people who would know, and it's in their jurisdiction.

Comment

The site itself looks dodgy, anyone stupid enough to use it deserves what is coming to them, and as has been said before if some numpty just goes and buys one then uses it to rob someone or something all airsofters will get a bad name

Comment

Yeah thats what Im worrying about is that they are saying they can get RIFS into anybodys hands.

Comment

I have to agree this is dodgy as hell. Looks like some guy in a house has knocked up the worlds worst website and is flogging tat to kids.

People like him WILL get airsoft banned for everyone.

That he won't deal with people in his area is more likely to stop people coming round to his house and seeing its not a legit business but a guy working from home.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
              That he won't deal with people in his area is more likely to stop people coming round to his house and seeing its not a legit business but a guy working from home.
              While I understand your sentiment, working from home is no indication of not being a legit business.
              The UKARA-registered business I mentioned earlier operates from the owner's home. That said, they do allow you to pick up from there.

Comment

Lets just say, "LOOK OUT, IT'S THE ROZZERS!!!!"

#carried away by a Moonlight shadow...#

Comment

Please do not call that number or send articles to that address.

Harassment is a crime, and by doing so you are only causing more issues. I will be sending a letter to the officers covering his residence, and we must make sure it is done through the proper channels.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                    While I understand your sentiment, working from home is no indication of not being a legit business.
                    The UKARA-registered business I mentioned earlier operates from the owner's home. That said, they do allow you to pick up from there.
                    Fair comment, what I meant was this guy is probably not running an honest operation and hence why he does not want door knockers.

Plus I seem to remember there are legal issues with running a business from a residential address that need addressing.

Might be worth looking into.

Comment

I think we can safely say that enough authorities have been made aware of this chap and he will not be trading for very long.

Comment

We are strong airsofters! We are ad one, We will defend our sport!

Lol in all seriousness tho it's good to see people willing to take correct actions against dodgy dealers
                        . .

Comment

Sent email to Fareham sector police detailing the findings. I'll report back if anything comes of it.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                            Plus I seem to remember there are legal issues with running a business from a residential address that need addressing.
                            Not sure about where he is, but when my sister set up a convention company, she checked it out, and the council, etc. in Harlow were OK with it as it wasn't being run as a shop with customers continuously around.

Comment

Did anyone get an update from this? Just had look and the sites still going
                              . .

Comment

Originally posted by windywindmill View Post
                                Did anyone get an update from this? Just had look and the sites still going
                                I would also like to know...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SAS Scott Pure petrol head who is also crazy about airsoft. Find out more about SAS Scott
                                Working...
                                X