Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• potentially pooping myself:

I found this

" Air guns which make use of self-contained air or gas cartridges, where the gas or air propellant and the pellet or bullet are contained within a single self-contained cartridge are now prohibited. (The most common example was the Brocock revolver). People who owned such airguns prior to the ban in 2004 were permitted to retain them, but only if they were entered on an FAC. Even the ones held on an FAC may not now be sold, or even given away. The only permitted method of disposal is to hand them to the police for destruction. Possession of such airguns without an FAC carries exactly the same penalties as those for possession of other unauthorised firearms."

source: http://www.marplerifleandpistolclub....ral/gunlaw.htm

does this mean that gas pistols that use CO2 are prohibited? Also air pistols ... that fire .177 rounds using 12g CO2?

This can't be illegal because paintball guns must be illegal too?
    moar BS from mothers against guns?

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Re: potentially pooping myself:

no... its ones where the gas and pellet/bullet are contained in the same container... ie mini bullets, not a gas weapon that uses co2 caplets
    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Originally posted by bob86 View Post
      no... its ones where the gas and pellet/bullet are contained in the same container... ie mini bullets, not a gas weapon that uses co2 caplets
      OH yeah, I remember hearing about this.
      There was a guy selling a shotgun with the gas and pellets in the same shell. Someone pointed out they were illegal.

ty for answering that

Comment

Originally posted by bobfish View Post

" Air guns which make use of self-contained air or gas cartridges, where the gas or air propellant and the pellet or bullet are contained within a single self-contained cartridge
        That^ From how I read that, the propellant and the BB/Pellet must be part of the same unit.

Ninjad

Comment

if i remember correctly, the brocock revolver had, when loaded, each chamber with a bb in it, and a charge of gas, the hammer then discharged each chamber, basically a fast firing version of a brocock pistol, where you have a small cylinder you pump to charge it with gas...
          if it was bulb system pistols that where illegal, most airsoft rifles would be too
          Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

The point of that legislation was to ban the Brocock guns that were relatively easy to convert to live fire - mainly because the Brocok cartridge system meant the gun functioned in the same way as a real gun.
            They made other guns for them too, such as a lever action Winchester.

OH yeah, I remember hearing about this.
            There was a guy selling a shotgun with the gas and pellets in the same shell. Someone pointed out they were illegal.
            Not necessarily - I always thought that moscart launcher grenades fell under the same rules, but someone pointed out that the grenade has a barrel, so it's not just a cartridge, and the launcher is basically a holder, not the gun.

Comment

This was a daft public-pleasing, media friendly panic measure introduced at about the same time as VCRA in response to a shooting outside of a nightclub in birmingham, which I believe was perpetrated with a sub-machinegun (mac10 maybe?). The media lapped up the the idea that the gun problem in this country was actually almost entirely comprised of people converting blank-firers, airguns and the like into live fire weapons. For a period of about 3-4 weeks we were subjected to all sorts of cutting edge journalism where the talent would go into their local gun shop, buy a bb gun, bring it outside and tell the audience that the £15 plastic HFC spring Glock he just bought could easily be converted into a 9mm spitting death machine in some bloke's shed. It was hard to watch. Brockock got caught in the firing line, as there was a small amount of merit to the conversion argument. I personally would not be brave enough to try a live fire conversion, as I'm pretty certain that they would be more dangerous to the person firing it that anyone else.

Comment

The reason the brocock revolver got banned is you could buy them as a normal every day air pistol and be able to load and fire .22 cal rim fire rounds from them.

Comment

How do the Tanaka shotguns fit into this? They operate similarly to the Brocock, and don't have a barrel like a Moscart.

Comment

This is what the op is on about . I don't know where the shotguns come in to it .
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=PT0uE26JQHY#!

Comment

I had one of those things on order before they banned them. I cancelled the order and instead turned to airsoft.

I'm pretty sure I've seen similar things at markets and such, but as the guy in the video said, there are still some variants out there.

Comment

you have all been most useful :D
                        um I would never try converting a blank to live firing, its so risky. I don't even like firing my blank gun because it's pot metal and get the picture that it could either turn into a grenade or send the slide firing into my eye -.-
                        all of which is never going to happen but still ... scary thought don't you think? lol

I really want to get hold of one of these brocock revolvers not to convert it but just to see what they are like, why the hype.

Comment

I really want to get hold of one of these brocock revolvers not to convert it but just to see what they are like, why the hype.
                          They're section 5 firearms now, so unless you know someone who had one pre-ban and was able to keep it, you're not likely to come across one.

As for the shotgun: I think those cartridges are basically mini-moscarts, aren't they?

Comment

Erm... Doesn't this make MosCart shells/launchers technically illegal, on account of them having the propellant and the projectile contained within the shell, or do they count as RIFs?

I've certainly seen some places sell them as non-RIFs, so which part is illegal? The gun or the shell?

Comment

Whilst moscarts and the shot gun shells have been a grey area in the law , last year ( they were given the thumbs up )
                              It all comes down to use , weight of "bullet" and lethality.

You are fine with our tanaka mauzin and mossie launchers
                              For now at least

Lastchancers.co.uk
                              Lastchancers.co.uk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bobfish Find out more about bobfish
                              Working...
                              X