This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCR Bill And The Responsibilities Of Retailers - Advice Needed

I'm hoping one of you wise forum members out there might be able to offer some advice about the VCR bill following a purchase I recently made.

Firstly, I am not registered as a skirmished. Therefore, the weapons I buy must be painted before they can be legally sold to me. This is clear enough, but having purchased a weapon recently and paid for the item to be painted, it was shipped to me without any painting taking place. Now as I understand it, the VCR act does not affect weapons I currently own and as such, my older guns do not have to be painted.

My question to you all therefore is this:

As I attempted to purchase a weapon legally and received the item without paint applied, is it my responsibility to ensure 50% of this weapon is painted? I assume that it is the responsibility of the retailer to ensure I'm a registered player before sending me an unpainted gun. Is this retailer therefore guilty of negligence?

The reason I ask this is twofold.

1. I don't want to be prosecuted
    2. I paid for a service I didn't receive and whereas I don't want the paint applied (as I have now changed slide and frame) I do either want my money back or an item to the equivalent value.

Any advice any could offer with regards to this scenario would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Re: VCR Bill And The Responsibilities Of Retailers - Advice Needed

Your in the clear in my book. If you're over 18 it's not an offence to attempt to buy a RIF (and posession isn't an offence either). Onus for checking is on the seller.

Are you going to spank the retailer for good measure?

Comment

You're in the clear, if you paid for two toning I'd demand the money back just to peave the retailer :p

Comment

I would hope that it was just a one off 'incident' that allowed the gun to shipped to you unpainted.

However you may want to report that retailer to UKARA (assuming they are a member), just so they have a record of it.

Comment

Considering how rabid some people here are, I'm surprised no one's jumped on you for buying it with the intent to modify an IF into a RIF (unless, of course, you bought and changed the slide and frame because the sent a RIF).

Comment

Eh?

Comment

The vcra has lots and lots of grey areas. Like is said above if you are over 18, whether your registered or not, if you can provide a defence, then you can legally own a RIF.
              Just get a few pics of you at your local site an keep hold of em if you get pulled over with them in the boot
              Originally posted by Artekus
              It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

Originally posted by westywesty84 View Post
                Like is said above if you are over 18, whether your registered or not, if you can provide a defence, then you can legally own a RIF.
                Here we go....

You do not need a defence of any kind to own a RIF.

Comment

...and I thought UK firearm legislation was complicated..!

Comment

The VCR Act of 2006 states under Section 36 that it is only an offence to:
                    1. Manufacture a RIF
                    2. Modify an IF so that it becomes a RIF
                    3. Sell a RIF
                    4. Bring a RIF into Britain

So you only need a defence against those four aspects. And here are the allowable defences:

Am I right? :D
                    https://shortoncontent.wordpress.com/

Comment

shut up and say nothing........oh.....too late
                      sigpic
                      Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                      Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

We can all write in bold

So it seems I was wrong after reading it for the first time in two years, would make better sense though surely to reduce violent crime!
                        Originally posted by Artekus
                        It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

If you are worried talk to a solicitor and ignore everything you hear from google lawyers!

Comment

You do not to be a Solicitor to read the VCRA. I bet most Solicitors have never read the VCRA and if you went to see one they would have to read up on it themselves.

I would say to the OP - leave it and don't push the retailer for a refund. If I was the retailer and I had made a mistake then I would ask you to re-package it up and send it back to me for spraying snot green. I would then send it back to you. Obviously then if you decided to break to law by changing the slide and frame (Modifying an IF to a RIF - I'm presuming that these are not a bright colour, please accept my apologies if they are!) and posting it up on a public forum leaving yourself open to prosecution should someone make a complaint, then that would be your problem.

Sometimes its better to keep quiet about things - especially if you already own RIF's.
                            Last edited by N_Scooby; 16 February, 2012, 12:41. Reason: Sausage fingers!!
                            JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Originally posted by N_Scooby View Post
                              You do not to be a Solicitor to read the VCRA.
                              Apparently you do if your view conflicts with some members here.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

madebynick Find out more about madebynick
                              Working...
                              X