How not to treat paying customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How not to treat paying customers

He's made it unviewable for the moment by the looks.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Although the marshal shouldn't have sworn at the player-(being ex British Army he probably didn't even realise he had said it ) he (the player) was clearly out of bounds and this forbidden area had been pointed out at the halfway point of the game.
      Less generous people could claim this was an attempt to gain an unfair advantage over the other team (aka cheating). The marshal obviously didn't think this and that the players had just simply not been listening properly to the game brief and he reinforced their reluctance to play by the rules with some strong language.

Marshals can't win, if they pull players up for rule infringement then they stand accused of being officious, if they allow any leeway then they are accused of being best mates with the offenders.

Comment

Thats a harsh assessment.
        Its easy to make a mistake on a site you dont know, its even easier to get lost in a woodland site and end up behind the enemy, lord knows Ive done it at GZ and a few other woodland sites I wasnt sure about.
        The first marshal shouldve been more polite, end of chat.
        The second guy wasnt so bad, he was actually helpful.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

The game had already been played once, this incident happened when the game was reversed, and the game parameters repeated, but these players still went out of bounds, which were clear. Although it may have been accidental it still was, at best, a bending of the rules. If the marshal hadn't sent them back I'm sure there would have been complaints from the opposing team.
          The fact that the video has been taken down rather confirms the player had thought better of it.

Comment

Actually tom, that was the first time that game was played which i've had confirmed from john himself, and it was the first time we had been at the site, there were no markings or anything to say we couldn't travel that far round and actually there were site regulars pushing on in that area as well. The game previous the team were allowed to come around from that direction. I've decided to take it down after I had a chat with John and he explained to me about the marshal and his situation.
            The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

This should be a private matter between the OP and site owner, not on a forum for everyone to see.
              Ive been to EAG Dorking and had a really good day, I was so impressed I've actually utilised one of their game types as it worked so well (peg game) but in our cqb arena instead.
              Its a well run site and everyone was friendly but threads like this could sway people who are considering visiting there thus EAG lose custom which isn't fair.
              everyone needs to dry their eyes and crack on.

/closethread
              Roses are red,
              Violets are blue,
              In soviet russia,
              Poem reads you!

Comment

I don't like to flagrantly disrespect the inviolate sanctity of your closing of the thread, but I'd disagree Wolf:

This sort of discussion is very useful to the likes of me who has to add £40-60 extra travel cost to a day out (ferries), and to anyone who wants to have an accurate picture of what a site is like before committing their valuable time, money and possibly girlfriend/spouse points to a day out. Keeping complaints private keeps everyone else in the dark about issues, and I'd say site owners need to have the fire put under them from time to time. I've been to plenty of sites that say how great they are on their website and in their safety briefing, usually to the grunted assent of the site's toady regulars, only to discover at game-on that things are shockingly bad.

Some people actually do a thing where they feel obliged to be positive about everything. I've learned to actually look back when someone says something nice, and try to find any time they've given a negative review, just to check if they are someone who would say something bad if they saw it.

Based on the OP, the discussion from other people giving their opinions, and how the owner handled the criticism, I'd say I probably will see about a day out at EAG this year, actually made more confident because this issue opened the door for anyone else to jump in and say "yeah, I've had a bad time too" and it looks like there is very little of that going on.

Comment

I completely agree but maybe the vid should have left out the name of the site, if anyone wanted more info maybe send a PM.
                  Publically showing one persons "off Moment" (we all have them) doesn't really constitute a review of the site.
                  A thread labelled "EAG Dorking, opinions?" would get me all the info I needed, not watching a marshall having a bad day.
                  Im by no means defending the way he spoke and saying "hes ex army he probably didn't realise" is no excuse, im ex forces and I don't speak to people like like that at my site but I just feel posting the vid with the name of the site was the wrong way to go.
                  Roses are red,
                  Violets are blue,
                  In soviet russia,
                  Poem reads you!

Comment

I think we are pretty close to agreement if I'm honest here: I'd just say I don't think EAG have actually come out badly from this. From the way discussion has gone here, I'd say there isn't anyone who thinks EAG is a bad site from all this.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stones Find out more about Stones
                    Working...
                    X