Accidental discharge of Airsoft Guns in your house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Accidental discharge of Airsoft Guns in your house

Team mate changed the spring on my TM socom for me , got it back from him stuck a batt in it to see how it was sounding and yup you know what happens next , there's a BB in the barrel , next thing I know I'm on the floor howling like a loon holding my foot and looking at the rapidly expanding blood spot in the centre of my big toe nail ! Lesson learned ALLWAYS assume there's a bb in the barrel of your gatt .
    From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Originally posted by Clone1B View Post
      There isn't such a thing as an accidental discharge, ask the firearms community B-)
      There is, but its classed as a Error in drill, well it is in the Army anyway, ND's are a seriously chargeable offence, i know a guy in afghan that let a 3 rd burst of a GPMG and lost his 6 thousand pound bonus pay, only good part of the ND was that he got flown home early. i treat my rifles like the real things, I do all my rifle drill on my ICS L85 like the real steel. not had a single ND yet, and never will if i continue to do what i do with the real thing.
      Last edited by Doombull3t; 14 July, 2012, 23:26.

Owner of DCS
      (Doom custom shooters)
      PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Treat all guns as if they're loaded. Its as simple as that.

But if you're ever in doubt just stuff the muzzle into your bed or a pillow and squeeze the trigger a few times until you know the gun is clear. I've done it before with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by TangoNoob View Post
          But if you're ever in doubt just stuff the muzzle into your bed or a pillow and squeeze the trigger a few times until you know the gun is clear. I've done it before with no problems.
          i used to do this until i started discovering holes in my pillow

Comment

Used to do plenty of shooting in the house (student digs) - until we spotted multiple impact marks in the walls. Housemate (after aquiring his VFC SCAR-H) did similar, making a massive hole in his wall and cutting a steel mesh bin in half. We plastered over the holes and thought nothing of it.

When I came home for the summer I was target shooting in my room (through into the bathroom other side of the hall) and managed to crack double glazing (with a KSC G18 running on propane, chronoing about 315fps). Unimpressed parents were Unimpressed to say the least

Nearly as good as my girlfriend's dad using a birdbath for target practise with my m4 and breaking the thing!
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Good thing the thing wasnt loaded but i bought a brand new 203 nade and was happy as larry to get it in the post. So i took it out and got down to working out how it worked so of course press down the firing thingy. The thoughtful store had filled it with gas and then forgoten to take it out. Made me jump like hell when it went bang. The other story I has was my brother who was fiddling round with his gun whilst i was on my bed with no shirt on. Halfway through some zombie fiction he pulls the trigger and i find myself the proud new owner of a bloody welt on my ribs and him being called some very impolite names.
              Talking to yourself is fine, its when you talk to yourself, argue with yourself and then refuse to talk to yourself that you need to worry.

Comment

as I posted earlier had the unell 1911 incident happen, had a mag in my mac do the same thing put it in and it just vented solved that one the only negligent one was leaving a weapon loaded that my girlfriends housemate then shot himself with.

Comment

ill keep mine short i do alot of gun work as a business had the checked there was nothing in it before i started work anyway put the recievers back together shot it ...broken window single pane 300 yr old window from a listed building...oh my was i in trouble and its near a grand to replace a 6x6 inch pane

Comment

Never understimate the power of the rogue BB, especially the ones that tend to float around gun storage mediums such as bags and boxes. Been scared ****less on more than one occasion by BBs having crept into mag wells then being let off when checking functionality (/during gbb related pranks).
                    "What are you doing?"
                    "Helping!!!"
                    "You've got a screw driver!!!!"

Profile Picture courtesy of Ambush Adventures Photographer Jacqui Williams

Comment

I havent had any negligent discharges on my Airsoft kit. I've deliberately shot people in briefings and claimed negligent discharge... was always intentional though.
                      I have however, had some negligent discharges of pyros.
                      The worst one was when I used to pack a MK5 in my pistol bag, dropped my pistol bag accidently and somehow managed to break the cap off AND ignite the MK5... It blew a 6" hole in the bottom of the bag and burnt a 1" hole in the top of the bag... Thankfully didnt do any damage to the pistols or the mags!
                      Kiran Payne
                      TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                      Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Best one has to be coming home from a recent bring and buy. Having bought a new Grenade launcher and got some moscarts with it I got home and took one out that appeared to be damaged (was missing the top o-ring so assumed the guy wont of bothered gassing it as he passed it me as a bonus one he found in his kit bag.

How wrong was I?! Pushed the button on the grenade and it turns out its the loudest one of the lot. This while sat on my front yard after being dropped off (bear in mind I live on a farm in the middle of nowhere). Needless to say pretty much everyone bar me jumped a mile, including the cats and dogs.

That was the point when I turned round with a troll-lol-lol type grin and said oopsie!

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

is there a vid about this on youtube as i saw one exactly like this
                          After cheap project guns and various bits of kit

Comment

i know someone who took his eye out with an airsoft ND at home

always always check the gun is cleared and the magazine has been removed - but hey it's your eyes, girlfriend, sister, dog or whatever

if you get involved in firearms either in the military or the police and have an ND then you will get you proverbial arse royally booted from here to China and back.

Comment

Some time ago bought a 226 of here. I made my girlfriend aware of his to check when the guns come
                              In parcels and I'm not home what I didn't made her aware of that they might be loaded.
                              Not only did it came with a mag in but a bb chambered so when she took it out to look if it's all ok
                              It fired. Thankfully it was flat and fired opposite direction from her.
                              The problem was the TV was standing there... Yep was
                              sigpic

"War requires a sledgehammer but will be decided with a scalpel"

Comment

This one time at band camp....

Seriously now I accept this was based on my own negligence and stupidity.
                                My friend brought an ics m4 well, my very first rifle to be exact, test firing the thing in my back garden after its previous. Owner tinkered with the upper mech box.

Dropped the mag out after a jam, and looked into the magwell to see the bb jammed between thnozzleand what looked like dirt. Without using an unjamming rod first pulled the trigger o take a 340 fps shot to the goggle! I froze in shock sh*t my knickers that day :')

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Alias Been Airsofting since september '06 Find out more about Alias
                                Working...
                                X