Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worst Gun Malfunction

Originally posted by DCRISP07 View Post
    A few weeks ago I was marshalling because of a knee injury, the same day I had just bought a practically brand new G&G Scar-L for £280, fires brilliantly, awesome stock range and ROF on the range.

Turns out that day the deputy head Marshall that brings most of the hire guns broke down on the way, so the club owner had to desperately ask people if they'd lend guns
    out. Me being the helpful chap that I am agreed to lend my new, unskirmished Scar out.

Unfortunatly, it ended up going to one of the casual-first timers. No idea what he did to it, and im sure it was unintentional, but basically he comes up to me mid game and says it's jamming. Have a look down the magwell to see a bb just halfway past the feeding tube, so poke it out with a cleaning rod and let him go on his way..hear no complaints for the rest of the day.

When i got home I gave it a clean and lube it up, even lubing the mags. Test it out, firing fine.

Then 2 weeks later, gear up, head out to the range to set the hop..fire a few rounds off until there's a change in pitch and about 5 bb's dribble out. Take the mag out check the hop chamber, which was clear, reinsert mag, fire a small burst then an almighty crunch/squeal.

Turns out I've gone and stripped the piston in a practically new Scar!
    Hurray!
    Thats average with all G&G guns
    Hate.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

I think this was on my 4th skirmish - was just holding an AK by the pistol grip and the entire front end just sort off.... fell off, noone could work out why
      VK

Lightweight Assualt Boots for Sale
      Size 7 but fitted me till I was a size ten.
      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...269#post610269

Comment

During CQB afew days ago, we run on a rule that... its nice if we dont shoot eachother at too close a range, so we usualy just admit defet, as the games are very quick and spawn points are seconds away.

During a bunker clear-out, everyone was talking in an upper class olde British accent at the time. no idea why... lol

*quietly creeps round a corner and comes up behind two of the opposing team facing the other way*
        Me: Put 'emm uuup, put 'emm uuup! Which one of you first? I'll fight you both of you! I can fight both of you! (in a messing around kind of way, they would have admitted defeat as i could have popped em easily)
        Guy#1: Aww bugger...
        Guy#2: NEVAA!
        Me: This insult will not be so lightly taken reginold!
        *i pull the trigger, gearbox grinds sequels and a single bb rolls slowly out of the flash-hider*
        Guy#2: Well then... a draw?
        Me: A Draw Sir Reginold.
        Guys#2: Jolly-good, care to accompany me to the regen?
        Me: A most befitting arrangement. Come let us travel as a group. i hear bandits stalk these caverns...

it turned out i'd shredded a gear and piston... fantastic moment though.

Comment

though not a bad malfunction in itself the timing of this one was pretty poor:

our team was defending an area at the end of the site and between us and the enemy on the high ground was the "fort", me and another bloke volunteered to defend it to slow the enemy up, as soon as the contact was initiated he ran and i was left on my own, as they started to fan out my gun suffered a stoppage, i took the mag out and kept firing hoping to keep them at bay but the inevitable happened and i got encircled and it ended up with me hiding under a piece of plastic with rounds coming at me from 360 degrees

Comment

Originally Posted by fubar
            I was on a skirmish last month when a guy in a bunker next to me had his Lipo Battery explode whilst inside his M4A1 foregrip, it broke 2 of his fingers!!!
            Why would i care more about my gun than my finger's lol? Even with two broken finger's before i did anything i'd check on the gun.
            Originally posted by murta369
            in soviet russia you remove the plastic from the paint.

Comment

My best (worst) malfunction was with my Mp5k a while ago now, when I took one of my friends airsofting for the first time, I said to them "Look at this mp5k, it's great" as I was explaining that most AEGs are just a different casing on the same gearbox. I pulled the trigger, and all I heard was a *whirrrr* turns out the piston had completely shredded all of it's teeth bar one, and the BB went perhaps 4 or 5 metres and my friend said "Wow, you're right. That gun is GREAT."

Comment

My worst was yesterday... Just walking along, and my shotgun's entire outer barrel assembly, cocking tube and magazine catch fell on the floor.... Funny thing is, the only bit that stops functionality is the catch...
                Others till I die

Comment

i was in the mall a couple of weeks ago, just bought a new new extended mag which i finally had an excuse to test out. so followed by he stupidest words known to man.
                  "hey lads, watch this!!!!"
                  glock fires, glock fires, glock fails to fire, instead the slide follows the bb's in a cloud of mag gas and im there in front of 5 or six fully working m4s, with pistol grip in my hand and a slightly bemused look on my face

Comment

at the mall about a few months ago,
                    had my m4 out and it started smoking, opened up the crane stock asap to find smoke billowing from inside, went to unplug the battery and the connectors had totally melted and was unable to pull it apart, little did i know the wiring inside the metal body was also shorting as well in 3 sepearte places, causing me to curse a lot!
                    so i put it down out the way to "calm down", pulled out my KJ works m9 and after the second shot the mag blew up after a 'mate' had dropped the mag on solid concrete. so after all this next game i go to bring out my p90, in which both my hicaps miss feed constantly and for it to jam on full auto.
                    it was one of those days
                    Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Got a couple

this last Saturday, I was using my mates MP5 on a lipo and all of a sudden it started 1/3 of a round per second (yes, one third) turns out.... well actually i dont know. Didn't use that gun anymore :L

My biggest gun fail was my tri shot. Waiting for the next phase of a game where i'm defending. I sit my shottie on a barricade and start chatting, we got talking about throwing knife kills and I grabbed mine and threw it to the barricade (forgetting the shottie was there) next thing I know a massive crack i look over the barricade with half of my shotgun in a river. Not fun.
                      Originally posted by hellbound
                      Magpul'ed guns wish they had Chuck Norris attachments

Comment

Had my first ever project gun (an mg36/ g36e). First game shot brilliantly, i loved it! second game it stopped responding mid game, trigger was doing nothing when pulled, thought it was odd and maybe the conector had come undone, so put it down and pulled out my sidearm, looked down after about 5 seconds to see smoke coming out of the handguard :O i then proceeded to shout "HELP MY GUNS ON F*CKI*G FIRE!". Took three of us to stamp out that poor battery that was brand new, handguard got a bit mangled too. Was a short circuit caused from the new CA gas tube it had (was slightly wider and had stripped the wires). Serves me right for being to lazy to buy a fuse :/
                        www.youtube.com/accessairsoft

Comment

Cocked my 1911 yesterday and the entire slide and internals exploded out the front, apparently the tiny peice of alloy metal holding it all in had had enough :/
                          FML
                          Feenix
                          sigpic
                          G&P M16A1, CA XM177, CYMA AKM AIMS, KJW CO2 1911, WELL MP5K GBB, M4 with M203

Comment

Went on my first ever skirmish, first ever full game... Was borrowing my friend's MP5. On a steep and slippery incline under fire, was hit and called for medic, some huge dude from below me grabbed me and dragged me down the slope unexpectedly (into cover)... I fall on the MP5 snapping the front RIS system. Not good...
                            WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
                            After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

I hate it when people do the whole pulling into cover thing, all I need is a hand on the shoulder and guiding to cover not full on 'imma get you bubba!' evac drags.
                              WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

quint essential a&k m249 malfunction (sticky trigger) in a square bunker with all my buddys decided to keep the mag spooling so there was plenty of rounds to hand and i let of a few bursts to keep the enemy from pushing up needles to say when i brought it back down after taking my finger off the trigger it decided to unleash on my guys too :D they just laughed and implied it would be more effective pointed towards the enemy next time. i didnt use it again for that day =(

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cornishpotshot I'm crazy, even thinking about talking to me shows that you are also a lunatic! Find out more about cornishpotshot
                                Working...
                                X