Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How f'in cold!!!

anyones batts **** up today?
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 20 December, 2009, 02:27.

Comment

Originally posted by comeback View Post
      anyones batts **** up today?
      Hmm, well my 1500 seemed to die a bit premature, I bowled out in the afternoon, ran to a bunker and fired one shot and got the dreaded slow motor whine.

Had to go back and get another (note to self, carry my spare battery with me in future!).
      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 20 December, 2009, 02:27.
      Weapons of Choice:
      G&G SOC-16
      Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
      JG - AK47 tactical
      VFC Scar - L
      Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

Just charged all my batteries up and tested my pistols outside today, and they are working fine -4. Playing Xsites christmas bash tomorrow.

Bought myself some battery operated heated socks today:D, as well as a couple of packs of hand warmers.

To operate these you crack the little metal dongle which creates a chemical reaction, making the liquid inside go solid. The heat lasts about 30 minutes and it is hot, not warm, brilliant! Cost less than 4 quid each.

To reuse you have to put them into boiling water for a few minutes this then returns the stuff inside to its original state and voila ready to use again
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
          Just charged all my batteries up and tested my pistols outside today, and they are working fine -4. Playing Xsites christmas bash tomorrow.

Bought myself some battery operated heated socks today:D, as well as a couple of packs of hand warmers.

To operate these you crack the little metal dongle which creates a chemical reaction, making the liquid inside go solid. The heat lasts about 30 minutes and it is hot, not warm, brilliant! Cost less than 4 quid each.

To reuse you have to put them into boiling water for a few minutes this then returns the stuff inside to its original state and voila ready to use again
          That's the ones, will be good for my pistol and my hands! Going to see if I can find some and buy half a dozzen tomorrow.
          Weapons of Choice:
          G&G SOC-16
          JG - AK47 tactical
          VFC Scar - L

Comment

my gas mags are workin fine i put them inside of my molle vest it is nice and tosite in there :D

Comment

Why is it the gas doesnt actually work in the cold?

Comment

Gas becomes a liquid at lower temps

Comment

gas expands in the heat and compress in the cold and eventually stays in liquid form if you get cold enough.

Comment

come on ladies, bit of cold won't harm ya!

Nothing a quick brew can't cure.

Comment

the first skirmish my dad went to was on the 12th,not only was it freezing the enemy wasn't taking there hits.

Comment

-4 on saturday, actually stayed in one place for so long i thawed the ground out.
                        1st time my pistol has ever let me down, AEG went down last but 1 game (battery, never thought to check as i'd literally changed it), had a Deagle thrown to me and got 6 good up close kills with that.
                        biggest downer was my german snow suit having rotted it the attic due to loose tile on roof. finally had enough snow on a weekend to use it, and couldn't.
                        Ratty
                        Trader Feedback.
                        http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
                        http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

Originally posted by ratty1968 View Post
                          -4 on saturday, actually stayed in one place for so long i thawed the ground out.
                          1st time my pistol has ever let me down, AEG went down last but 1 game (battery, never thought to check as i'd literally changed it), had a Deagle thrown to me and got 6 good up close kills with that.
                          biggest downer was my german snow suit having rotted it the attic due to loose tile on roof. finally had enough snow on a weekend to use it, and couldn't.
                          Ratty
                          Damn on the snow suit front!

My new pistol was worse than useless tbh, going to defo take some hand warmers with me next time on 2nd!

That's crap as well Olives, it ped me off that this group wern't taking their hits at the weekend.
                          Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 22 December, 2009, 08:09. Reason: language
                          Weapons of Choice:
                          G&G SOC-16
                          JG - AK47 tactical
                          VFC Scar - L

Comment

Re: How f'in cold!

Slightly off topic but i went out at 12.30 21st Dec to reading Town centre to finish my pressie shopping. Bought the wife some of those handwarmers and some thermal socks for our next skirmish after christmas.

At 15.30 I heard the roads out of Reading had closed and all public transport suspended. I thought ah well unlucky those people and went back to my car around 16.30 to go home. The journey home is 6 miles. I got home about 0300 22 Dec. All roads were gridlocked and it took me nearly 10 effin hrs to get home
                            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Re: How f'in cold!

Bloody hell jfox! What did you do about petrol?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steveoz Find out more about steveoz
                              Working...
                              X