Breaching and clearing with snipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Breaching and clearing with snipers

A certain site i know has no minimum engagement distance? We just take it like a man.

me personally in a cqb game, if i dude came round the corner and shouted bang 4 times.. Expect that he'd be double tapped from me
    Originally posted by bravotwozero
    And no, owning a System doesn't increase the size of your manhood

Comment

Please name this site. Mainly so we know all to avoid it as it must be run by a bunch of idiots who do not know what safety entails.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

I can't see anywhere where the OP has said his M14 was at 500fps. It's nothing more than a long aeg. It's no more dangerous to run through a building with a long gun than a short one or a pistol.

I say well done to OP for getting the drop on those people without them managing to return fire.

And to people saying that they'd just fire back if they were bang-killed. Ever heard of sportsmanship? The person shouting bang is trying to save you some pain. Accept their offer.

Also, sites in the UK only need MEDs for bolt action rifles. Anything semi-/automatic shouldn't be over 1J+/-5% which is 345fps.

Comment

The bang rule is stupid because it causes arguments like this. Just shoot somebody in the plate/thigh/anywhere that isn't the face.

Plus you get somebody running in the room and yelling bang and expecting a bunch of people to take hits.

It's just too much of a grey area.

Comment

Originally posted by mattmanic View Post
            I can't see anywhere where the OP has said his M14 was at 500fps. It's nothing more than a long aeg. It's no more dangerous to run through a building with a long gun than a short one or a pistol.

I say well done to OP for getting the drop on those people without them managing to return fire.

And to people saying that they'd just fire back if they were bang-killed. Ever heard of sportsmanship? The person shouting bang is trying to save you some pain. Accept their offer.

Also, sites in the UK only need MEDs for bolt action rifles. Anything semi-/automatic shouldn't be over 1J+/-5% which is 345fps.
            Seeing as he said M21, I'm assuming it's betweem 425 and 500 fps. (Urban Assault is CQB, and apparently they allow 500 fps semi autos).

Comment

Fair point, but OP also didn't mention how densely populated the room/rooms were. I believe Funkychunky said he was with him so the 10 kills were spread between 2 people. If you run into a room and there's a couple of people there with their weapons down, you could shoot them all before they could raise their weapons, or just point at each of them and shout bang.

If you're site's rules accommodate bang kills, you should honor them, if there's no mention in the rules or any briefings, shoot back if you want, but if it's a proper bang kill you'll already have a weapon aimed at you so it wouldn't be a very clever thing to do.

Comment

It isnt 500 guys. Its just about 320. A marshall was standing right by me. Its all legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Utrinque Paratus View Post
                  Seeing as he said M21, I'm assuming it's betweem 425 and 500 fps. (Urban Assault is CQB, and apparently they allow 500 fps semi autos).
                  Urban Assault doesn't allow 500fps anything. It's 400fps for "sniper rifles"...

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                    Urban Assault doesn't allow 500fps anything. It's 400fps for "sniper rifles"...
                    Fair enough, heard from a chap at my local site, so it's possible I may have misheard.

Comment

Originally posted by Utrinque Paratus View Post
                      Fair enough, heard from a chap at my local site, so it's possible I may have misheard.
                      Free Fire Zone allow 500fps, and at certain Milsim games (Now finished until after summer) you can actually use a 500fps sniper rifle... That's probably what he was talking about...

I forgot about Milsim...

EDIT: You can't fire within buildings though...

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                        Free Fire Zone allow 500fps, and at certain Milsim games (Now finished until after summer) you can actually use a 500fps sniper rifle... That's probably what he was talking about...

I forgot about Milsim...

EDIT: You can't fire within buildings though...
                        Must be it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Angry Goose View Post
                          It isnt 500 guys. Its just about 320. A marshall was standing right by me. Its all legit.
                          Also peeps, where did this 500fps thing come from?
                          Everything we did was legit, we had a marshall right next to us
                          ITS NOT A BOLTIE may i point out as well, a DMR rifle firing below site rules

Comment

Edit: Ignore this post, please.

Comment

Id also like to point out that Urban Assault dont honour the bang rule (thank christ). Had it been i, id have chanced my luck and tried to shoot you.

It must also be stated that no matter the MED, nor whether its milsim or standard skirmish, you cant fire sniper rifles (whether bolt action or semi-auto AEG) indoors at UA. Only into a building from the outside, or out of a building from the inside (while maintaining MED).

You also HAVE to carry a sidearm/secondary.
                              AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X