• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Sat 28th gas and spring day at the mall

Some tool dress as masterchief but only shorter
    Overheard him all day moaning about not taking hits etc

Only to witness him balenty not taking his on many occasion and also not returning the hole way to regen.
    Really pissedme off and most the guys there. Didn't see him the second half the day so I guess they booted him off

Comment

I was at Ambush Wargames Eversley last year and my gun s*#t itself. An OpFor member saw me walking back and gave me an MP5 he was carrying as a backup and a spare Hi Cap to finish out the day. Nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by Creedy View Post
        Sat 28th gas and spring day at the mall

Some tool dress as masterchief but only shorter
        Overheard him all day moaning about not taking hits etc

Only to witness him balenty not taking his on many occasion and also not returning the hole way to regen.
        Really pissedme off and most the guys there. Didn't see him the second half the day so I guess they booted him off
        They have to take down his shields before he`s hit and he gets to to regen at other spawn points as long as he has the whole suit on lol
        sigpic
        Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

i saw a thai guy get shot in the back when he was out in the open. He tried to run but tripped and you could see the bbs hit him. The thai guy then jumped up, hid in a bush then full front charged the man whoed killed him. He completely overkilled the guy with a clearly hot gun. Worst part was at this point the thai guys mates joined in with the overkill.

terrible play!
          sigpic
          Delta Rats 2nd Mounted Guard

Comment

Worst:
            Three guys storm our end of the warehouse, taking everyone out who was standing up. There was one guy still alive crouched by a box. One of the squaddies passed him, who stood up and shot him. The squaddie turned around, shit him, and tried to walk off in a barrage of us shouting at him.

Best: Poke my head around a door, look right, clear, look left, gas M500 barrell pointed at my face. 'BANG!' I needless to say was relieved. That would've heart. :-/

Comment

worst : snuck up behind two people, shouted BANG BANG! and pointed my gun at both as i shouted, for them to turn, see me, run, then turn to shoot at me...... only to complain about how much it hurt when i shot them first.......

best: bang killed 3 times in one day by the same guy from a foot away, easy could have shot me from further away but the sneeky git saved me the pain.....or he just thought bang kills are cooler....same guy also shouted bang at me 3 times on a different game day because i didnt hear him, most others would have shot me soon after the first one.... and got a bang kill on a guy in the open, out of the bang kill range but he was in no cover and i would have hit him, and he took it, i wasn't met by 'bang kills dont count at this range', he knew i saved him the pain
              sigpic
              [Bullpup M14 EBR] [G&P Magpul/VLTOR/JP 'thingy'] [TM 5.1 limited gun] [TM 5.1 limited gun] [VFC 416] [A metric S**T ton of unfinished builds]

Comment

The site is NTAC Went there with a small team of members from our uni club, the owners said we would be going up against the local team

They arrived an hour late, wearing full desert DPM, carrying souped-up M-4's, warbeards, cowboy hats, the works. Called themselves the Wasps. Lovely, we thought.

"They're our local boys, they'd never do anything like that."

"They paid a lot of money for those guns. Don't ruin the game for them."

[/QUOTE]

i play at NTAC a lot, its my local sight just thought i'de add my input

the wasps are in no way local, i was told once they lived a good few hours drive away (could be wrong like)

havent seen the wasps in a long time personally

the marshalling was much to be desired last time i saw the wasps, but has greatly improved over the past few months

and most of them do use ptw's last time i checked, but you would think that if they spend that much money on a gun they would play the game properly, i had similar experiances with them a while ago, have to say i didnt have any problems with them last time i was at a game day with them

and just because they have fancy toys, doesnt mean they have a right to cheat....
                sigpic
                [Bullpup M14 EBR] [G&P Magpul/VLTOR/JP 'thingy'] [TM 5.1 limited gun] [TM 5.1 limited gun] [VFC 416] [A metric S**T ton of unfinished builds]

Comment

At a CQB game, there was a guy wearing no lower face protection, I lit him up in the face by accident, he dropped his gun and grabbed his face going "ow, god d**n it, etc....". I promptly apologized to him and kept on fighting, a minute later I realized he was still playing and hadn't gone back to respawn. When I confronted him about it he said that I hadn't hit him, even though he had welts all over his face.
                  -G&G M16 Proline
                  -Classic Army P90 Sportline (soon to be traded for A&K M249)

sigpic

Comment

The worst sportsmanship ive ever seen, and ther only time ive been REALLy angry during a game, happened last year at a Vietnam themed game.
                    I had been hit and called for a medic. There were none around, so i took off my helmet, propped my M60 up against a tree and sat back to relax and watch the firefight while i waited to bleed out so i could head back to the respawn.
                    As im sitting there, i see someone from my own team creaping through the bushes. He gets to about 10 meteres from me, stops, looks at me for a few seconds, then raises his rifle and fires 3 bursts into my face before just turning round and walking off.
                    Luckily i happened to be taking a drink at the time, so most of the bb's hit my water bottle. I was too stunned to go after him!
                    After a few moments the red mist came down, and i went after him so that i could introduce his teeth to the buttstock of my m60, but never found him again!

Ive never been able to figure out what the hell he was thinking..

Comment

Worst - I was playing a few weeks ago at The Mall, I throw a grenade right at some guys feet, he even looked down at it as it went off then ran behind the nearest pillar and returned fire. Its the fact he actually looked down at the nade as it went off that bugs me, no excuse he wasnt even trying to get out the way. Just watched it go off and decided he was nade proof.
                      sigpic If you sell, buy or trade with me please remeber to leave feedback!

Comment

I was at Chobham and was in contact with a young lad with dreads and a beard. I hit they flinch and carry on so i thought here we go.. A 10m meter crawl and then fired about 200 in to him at 10m, and carryied on til he was out of range. Unfortuntely he declared while Marshalls were about so is still playing.
                        It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladyr View Post
                          Yeah, I've had similar to that at a different site.
                          I'll accept that a well set up gun can out-perform another gun at the same muzzle velocity (hell, I have a collection of very carefully assembled guns), but some people don't seem to factor in any logic.

I was at a site once where I was using my 500fps long with over £1500 of internals that I have spent a lot of time tweaking and tuning (though I rarely bother actually use it).
                          We were in a game where I got a sight of an oppo across a large area of open ground, I figured it was a long-long shot but I had a light wind behind me and so tried a speculative shot, which dropped just a little short. He noticed my friend and I and opened fire with him M4, firing into the wind he was managing to put shots around us.
                          I complained to a marshal as their site limit for AEGs is a strict 340 only to be told that the guy was a regular and he just had a really well sorted gun...

I know how well a well sorted gun can fire, I have a very expensively assembled rifle that does fire closer to sniper rifles than AEGs, but it only manages to close the gap, not out-range any competently built sniper let alone out-range a very carefully assembled rifle with 160fps advantage and the wind on it's side.

My friend and I pointed out that the physics of it just wasn't possible and there was no way he was even close to 340fps and were roundly told not to be trouble-makers...
                          I wouldn't have wanted to be hit by that thing close up.
                          Apparentley you can demand a Chrono of a gun, and sue the person that owns it if it is a hot rifle.
                          It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladyr View Post
                            Yeah, I've had similar to that at a different site.
                            I'll accept that a well set up gun can out-perform another gun at the same muzzle velocity (hell, I have a collection of very carefully assembled guns), but some people don't seem to factor in any logic.

I was at a site once where I was using my 500fps long with over £1500 of internals that I have spent a lot of time tweaking and tuning (though I rarely bother actually use it).
                            We were in a game where I got a sight of an oppo across a large area of open ground, I figured it was a long-long shot but I had a light wind behind me and so tried a speculative shot, which dropped just a little short. He noticed my friend and I and opened fire with him M4, firing into the wind he was managing to put shots around us.
                            I complained to a marshal as their site limit for AEGs is a strict 340 only to be told that the guy was a regular and he just had a really well sorted gun...

I know how well a well sorted gun can fire, I have a very expensively assembled rifle that does fire closer to sniper rifles than AEGs, but it only manages to close the gap, not out-range any competently built sniper let alone out-range a very carefully assembled rifle with 160fps advantage and the wind on it's side.

My friend and I pointed out that the physics of it just wasn't possible and there was no way he was even close to 340fps and were roundly told not to be trouble-makers...
                            I wouldn't have wanted to be hit by that thing close up.

Ah yes that is a wonder sometimes Ive seen people with 350fps get beat bad as they did not think in time and the other team had just rained bb`s up into the air to have them mortar down on them like an old arrow volley but for 350 or so fps to get near to 500fps range thats crazy.

You can sue for any damage that you did not consent to for example someone shooting you after a game has ended and causing abh and ofcourse someone using a really hot gun I think it would have to be consistently over 328fps by 10 or 20% in a game without your consent. We allow snipers as there at a single shot disadvantage and have a min engagement distance, if everyone agreed that 500 fps full auto point blank was ok and signs wavers and Im guessing insurance would insist on face protection then there is no issue but someone using a really hot gun is assaulting you or causing you ABH could get 7 years for that but lets be honest no ones going to call up the cops unless its serious. By all means if they shoot out your eye protection then hog tie them and call the cops.
                            sigpic
                            Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Yeah fair shout.

Comment

Only done 3 skirmishes myself, so I don't have many bad experiences so far.

However, a few weeks back at The Embassy I was (I think) the last person defending the left side of some white offices, sneakily shooting through a missing panel while crouched. There were windows all along the wall I was covering behind so I was clearly visible to quite a lot of people on the opposing team.

I picked off a guy or two before being hit myself, so I called "HIT", stood up and held my hand up high for everyone to see. Then a guy came into the room I was in, looked at me standing there for a good couple of seconds before raising his gun and shooting me right in the neck.

His excuse was "I didn't see your hand up".....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheJim Find out more about TheJim
                                Working...
                                X