Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

That's an interesting one, what site was that? The tactics sound familiar!
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by RM_Stu View Post
      This was yesterday, myself and a mate (both sniping) spotted 2 of the other team coming out way, we were in a ditch and not seen.
      Took a shot and hit the one of them, didn't take it but looked down where I hit him, next shot hit in the head (not on purpose) then a further 4 shots all hit and still no taking it. Site owner goes over and talks to them and gave them the go ahead to crack on and play their own game amongst a larger game already on going!
      I refuse to play there now.

Comment

is that you E. plester?

Comment

I had a little coming together on Sunday at our site. I hate teflon players (everything slides off) Coming out of a dip under bushes, with most of my team (5-6) behind and around me, two guys really got the drop on us in a clearing. I expected to be hit, dropped to a knee behind a root (not cover really!) but for all the noise and hosing of the bushes, I wasn't. In retrospect, with my team there, one of the attackers down already, I should have just called a hit to avoid any misunderstanding. In the heat of the moment though, I wasnt hit, so why am I going to say I am? I carried on firing and took the other guy out. I dont know if it was lucky or the spray was a bit indiscriminate, but I was positive I wasnt hit.

The two guys gave me a bit of verbal, on the other foot I'd probably have reacted the same. That close, and with no cover, we were easy shots. But it wound me up to be accused outright of lying, "thats bollocks" and trying to shrug the whole thing off. Spoke to a marshal and I was test fired and came out clean the rest of the day (which they apparently accepted graciously) but the whole thing left a bitter taste in my mouth. I dont do that, never have, hate encountering it. Even asked the guys that had been behind me and out of fire if they had seen anything...also didnt want these guys to think its something we let happen at our site without action!

Are there those moments when you are NOT in doubt, benefit of the doubt is just unfair as you press an advantage...surley you can be lucky sometimes and dont have to take the third degree "cheating git" tongue lashing afterwards?
          The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidjal View Post
            Are there those moments when you are NOT in doubt, benefit of the doubt is just unfair as you press an advantage...surley you can be lucky sometimes and dont have to take the third degree "cheating git" tongue lashing afterwards?
            All I can say is just play fair and take hits when in doubt. I do and if I ever get accused of cheating or not taking hits the marshals at my local site are rather skeptical because I'v built good reputation for myself.
            For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
            Check out my other sales!

Comment

Originally posted by Kensai View Post
              All I can say is just play fair and take hits when in doubt. I do and if I ever get accused of cheating or not taking hits the marshals at my local site are rather skeptical because I'v built good reputation for myself.
              100% agree - and that is what I preach and practice as a marshal and a player at the site. Its a game of trust afterall, and that doesnt just mean trust players to take their hits, to me it ALSO means trust the reverse. Its a difficult one to call.
              The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future.

Comment

Best-Hiding in a rodie bush at NCIS in Edinburgh. Guy does quite and athletic roll in front of me and lays flat on the desk. I jab my ak at one of his ass cheeks and say "Dude". He replies saying "Friendly" to which i reply "Sorry dude, I ain't so friendly". He got up and said well done quietly and said he would not give up my position. I'm sure he was a new hire as well so kudos to him.

Worst-I could take up a whole forum with stuff.

Comment

im new on my first game,i notice a lad about 25meters away in the bush, i fire three rounds i see them hit his upper body no hit taken, i point it out to my buddy for a quick bit of advise, we both deside open out full auto,now we only see his head, 20 rounds later he was hit. i mention this to the chef marshell on my way home with him, and he says i need to learn my ranges, now i know for a FACT 25 meters was in range and out side the med.

Comment

Was that Jezz?
                    Should have reported it at the time to be fair, I was there as a player marshall, a fair few marshalls about.
                    I know what you mean but really if you want something doing you have to report it there and then so they can be checked.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

yh jezz give me the lift back that day, i forgot to mention after the 20+ rds the guy did say ok ok im hit ffs lol

id of reported it but at that time the guy was sorting out the cadet shouting at ppl lol

Comment

just to add, not this Jez!

Comment

no m8 not you lol

Comment

Both the best and worst was when I was in a CQB.
                            The best was when me and my friend charged into a room and took out five people, secured the room and held it for the rest of the game causing us to win

The worst was when we where playing a team last man standing where we all got one respawn. I shot a guy who wouldn't take his hit so I fired again. He then called his hit. My friend then saw him later in the game and got the hit. We then saw him again after he should have been out of the game so we both shot him and he didn't take the hits. I was so annoyed that I was only looking for him by the end of the night.
                            Ask a question and look stupid, don't ask a question and stay stupid

Comment

Best- Most definitely when i was at Epsom Bunker last month(july). Working my way round the barricades , clearing easily , gun into the shoulder , so at about face height on most people as im 6'2''. Span round this barricade to come face to face with a guy dual wielding 1911's or something like that that are now pretty much aimed at my 'nads. We both stood there for about 30 seconds surprised , went , ''yeah , okay'' both took a hit and off we went. Found him later to say thanks , as i was so shocked , i probably wouldnt have got the shot off as quick as him.

Worst- Definitely a Night CQB game at bexley. Slipped on the top of one of the stairwells , had some guy full auto me in the back from about 8ft away as im slipping , and as im trying not to fall down the damn stairs as well as drop my gun , ask me ''you gonna take the F***** hit mate?' Pleasant. Wont be going back there for a night game again.....
                              If You aint Taking your Hits , You aint worth S***

Comment

Played the stealth day at MAW last weekend, a few of us had moved up to an objective and taken out the enemy sentry, he walk over and told us that he and a few of the enemy were on the same frequency as us and that they were going to change to the other end of the scale as they could hear our positions being relayed as we moved which was'nt fair. Thats what its about, true sportsman that guy.
                                Originally posted by Bluegill
                                5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheJim Find out more about TheJim
                                Working...
                                X