Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
    Just a note, if you bang kill somebody you only do it when you have your gun raised loaded and pointing at them, while they are looking else where. If they call hit then you leave it at that, if they decide to try turn and shoot you then you are already set up for a kill hence only need to pull the trigger. If he was able to spin around and shoot you quicker than it took you to pull the trigger then hats off to him. The 5 second full auto on the other hand is a little over the top and my guess is a slight exaggeration.
    I had my gun pointing at him on the trigger and was crouched to the side of him. He had to physically stand up turn in my direction and about 3-4 seconds after I shouted bang shoot me. He only knew I was there when I shouted bang, i watched him get up and turn so I thought he was heading back to the spawn point as he didn't even get up quickly or spin around fast to fire. I could of shot him easily but i was way way to close, in my opinion.
    Originally posted by hoggy21
    Welcome to the world of airsoft! Say goodbye to money, all other hobbies and your weekends!

Comment

Originally posted by Druico View Post
      I had my gun pointing at him on the trigger and was crouched to the side of him. He had to physically stand up turn in my direction and about 3-4 seconds after I shouted bang shoot me. He only knew I was there when I shouted bang, i watched him get up and turn so I thought he was heading back to the spawn point as he didn't even get up quickly or spin around fast to fire. I could of shot him easily but i was way way to close, in my opinion.
      I know the feeling tbh, take this as a lesson, if you bang somebody and they don't shout Hit but they then begin to turn then you take the shot. If they have a problem with that then then tell them they need to learn to call Hit before moving. I have seen a large number of people try to abuse this rule which is why people are given the chance to shoot back. Another thing is you could just put a single bb into the plate carrier and no pain will be had.

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
        I know the feeling tbh, take this as a lesson, if you bang somebody and they don't shout Hit but they then begin to turn then you take the shot. If they have a problem with that then then tell them they need to learn to call Hit before moving. I have seen a large number of people try to abuse this rule which is why people are given the chance to shoot back. Another thing is you could just put a single bb into the plate carrier and no pain will be had.
        Yeah think i just assumed wrong really but never mind, it happens i suppose. Still pretty new to the sport, though he wasnt. Wasnt so much just the 5 second full auto to the chops but also his excuse of him not being dead because a bang wouldnt kill you in a 'game' of airsoft
        Welcome to the world of airsoft! Say goodbye to money, all other hobbies and your weekends!

Comment

I dont really like the abuse the bang rule gets(on both ends of the spectrum!). Fair play you dont have to take it, but if someone has got the drop on you like that, its just sporting to take it. Bit annoying when you're courteous enough not to shoot someone from less than 3m, and they basically throw that in your face by being all like hurrr you shouldve just shot me.

Saying that, depending on the situation, ie storming a position, I will just put round into them, theres simply no time to shout bang and wait for them to realise it was at them and call hit.
          WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Another bad one, EBZ Northfleet. Guy in a helmet inside the building walking next to a wall covered in windows. Me, being outside, waited for him to pass a window with the glass out. I shoot, clearly see 4/5 bbs from my shotgun hit his helmet, only to have him turn round, pull his pistol and shoot me in the leg. I get peeved, shouting 'What the hell was that for! Helmets aren't bulletproof!' (At which point a guy returning from the safe zone walks past after seeing this) then the player I'd hit said 'You hit the glass mate' and buggered off. The guy coming from the safe zone saw the whole thing and confirmed I wasn't mistaken, and graciously assisted me in hunting him after this was spoken about to a Marshall...

Comment

Good
              I was at Virus yesterday, and a guy walked up the light stairs without checking his 6. I flicked my 349 Fps M4 on to single for the kill.

Bad
              I was in a anti room on the top floor and an enemy had their shoulder visible so tried the same again. They didn't declare, so pulled out the PX4 and shot them in the hand.
              It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.

Comment

Originally posted by DCRISP07 View Post
                I dont really like the abuse the bang rule gets(on both ends of the spectrum!). Fair play you dont have to take it, but if someone has got the drop on you like that, its just sporting to take it. Bit annoying when you're courteous enough not to shoot someone from less than 3m, and they basically throw that in your face by being all like hurrr you shouldve just shot me.

Saying that, depending on the situation, ie storming a position, I will just put round into them, theres simply no time to shout bang and wait for them to realise it was at them and call hit.
                It was capture the flag and we way way way out to the left of both bases, but never mind - he did apologise later that day so suppose reactions aint it, all i know is im not gonna use the bang rule unless i know there gonna take the hit and make sure if they dont, they take a proper hit.

Comment

Worst
                  Worst sportsmanship I have ever encountered is tied between two experiences.
                  most recent one was Xsite: The Outpost. It was one of only two foul plays out of a whole day and both people who wronged did appologise when back at safe zone.
                  We were playing team elimination. And a guy had managed to sneak up behind 3 of us. He didnt call "bang" or "surrender" which is fair enough as I dont either. However he emptied a hi-cap into our backs at less than a foot away. This wasnt a short controlled burst. He slung the gun from his shoulder and just held down the trigger until we got out the way. We must have been calling "hit" for about 10 secons.
                  Sadly (and im not proud to admit this), When I got the drop on him, 5 of us lined up behind him and put short bursts into him.
                  In a usual circumstance I would have switched to pistol and put one round in his back.
                  The second one was at UCAP Virus where a bloke had his leg exposed and it was shot 5 or 6 times by me and another team mate. We ended up quietly calling the marshal over. My friend moved in under suppressive fire and put one round at close range in his shin (at which point he point blanked my friend full auto in the head). Marshall saw it all and called him out as he STILL didnt call his hit?! Marshal and his own team mate later confirmed that I wasnt crazy and he has in fact been playing hardman...

Best
                  My friend Mark has a reputation for being a good sportsman. In fact hes probably the most straight up honest player I know of. He will take a hit without complaining even if he knows hes in the right and the other person is a cheat. Mark set up an ambush for a guy and got him fair and square. However the bloke didnt call it (for whatever reason). Mark came around the corning thinking it was clear and ended up with his barrel in this guys crotch and had this guys barrel in his shoulder. Rather than shooting the guy in his family jewels, he took the hit and left it at that. Marshals were watching and saying they personally would have taken the shot (I would have as well).
                  Kiran Payne
                  TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                  Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Cheating is wrong and if you do, you will meet you maker. Basically, i borrowed my friends desert eagle that is pretty powerful and was sneaking around by the fort. I saw a guy and his son and i thought easy targets, so i creaped up through a bush, then put one shot into the boys leg, (trying not to be harsh). He called the hit instantly, then i put a round in his fathers left leg. Instead of calling the hit, he recoiled his leg and opened fire some where near me for a few seconds. I stayed quiet and thought, if you are going to cheat you will get shot. I then aimed high on his chest, but the BB hit him in the left cheek and caused it to bleed. Many swear words were aimed in my direction and groans of pain, but i just slipped away quietly happy. Rule is, if you cheat you do deserve it. lol
                    sigpic
                    Delta Rats 2nd Mounted Guard

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkbite View Post
                      Good
                      I was at Virus yesterday, and a guy walked up the light stairs without checking his 6. I flicked my 349 Fps M4 on to single for the kill.

Bad
                      I was in a anti room on the top floor and an enemy had their shoulder visible so tried the same again. They didn't declare, so pulled out the PX4 and shot them in the hand.
                      I'm so confused at what kind of a person you are.
                      Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by Major View Post
                        I'm so confused at what kind of a person you are.
                        Yep me to. After another weekend of cheats and no declares I've decided to keep firing until I see the hand raised. Whatever body part and which ever way they are facing. If they don't like it they should go back to call of duty.
                        It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkbite View Post
                          Yep me to. After another weekend of cheats and no declares I've decided to keep firing until I see the hand raised. Whatever body part and which ever way they are facing. If they don't like it they should go back to call of duty.
                          I'd decided to shoot until they take their hit, but I hate when people go full auto. As I always shoot on semi.

Comment

Best:

Played at MAW on sunday and i decided to give the new shotgun ago. I was laying in long grass just in front of the tree line. I could hear 4-5 of the other team about 20 yards away but unable to see them. Anyway i waited until one of them moved out the tree line popped up and gave him 3 barrels to the chest. I was then shot straight after so I got up took my hit and we both walked back to the safe zone. He congrats me for the hidden play and I did him for taking the hit. Overall nice bloke

Another one on the same day, I was near a bank where a building was with both the shotgun and my SCAR. anyway one can came over the bank and looked at me from about 20 yards away. I instantly took the hit even though he didnt shoot. He then told his team i was hit and was coming out and not to fire. Thanked him for that as I had to pick up the shotgun

Comment

That's decent of them! It's a lot more painful and annoying when you get shot several more times because someone is startled by you shouting "hit" =P
                              Kiran Payne
                              TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                              Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

yea was a good site overall, the guys were sound and 99% of them took their hits np at all. I was impressed at that guy allowing me to get my gear and move out without being shot at all.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheJim Find out more about TheJim
                                Working...
                                X