Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Best case: I was sniping with my beloved Tanaka at a F_&_O site in Kidderminster, snuck round a building and looking around a gate to an open area with loads of bushes on it. saw 5 Enemy behind different bushes looking right to left in front of me. I shot the one furthest back and worked forward from there with my scope. Killed all of them. when the front guy got slotted they all looked round to see where I was. I stood up and they actually applauded me! Any one of the guys I shot first COULD have shouted hit and given the game away, but all of them just quietly raised their hands. Awesome gamesmanship. If they are reading this, thanks guys it is still my fave moment as a sniper!

Worst: On my first day at a woodland site in Matlock i came up against an old enemy i thought I'd seen the last of on a previous site. He was well known at the old place for hot weapons, overkill and being a Teflon kiddy. He was trying to charge a defensive position I was in with others, i shot him with 3 rnd bursts to the chest 3 or 4 times on his approach. He didn't take them and slid behind a wicker type barrier about 5m in front of me... it had a hole in it... i could only see the top of his head... I'm not proud of the next half hi-Cap from my M14 but it had the desired effect. Justifiably one of the marshals gave me a B****cking afterwards, but it was worth it. Later in the day he was reprimanded a couple of times for cheating, so i felt vindicated!

There's always one or two who take the P***, the trick is not to let it ruin your day. It's just a game after all.
    Team Chimera Captain.
    Assaulter/Scout Sniper/General sneaky B***ard!

Armoury:
    TM M14, ICS M4 RIS, KA M4SD, ICS MP5 SD6 (for sale), TM MP5 SWAT, Tanaka M700 (for sale), TM VSR-10, TM Sig P226, TM 1911A1, TM Mk.23 SOCOM.

Comment

Worst:

5 others watched me put a 3 round burst into the chest of one of the "regulars" at my local, he decided not to take his hit. It was fairly low lighting so I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, I then put another 3 round burst into him, this time he yell "OW! You running hot!", I replied with "no I'm not, take your hit!". He didn't and after about 5 minutes the game was over and he came out, he took me to the marshall and demanded that my gun was chronoed. I already knew roughly what it was firing at as did the owner of the site who just happened to be present. Anyway that apparently wasn't good enough as he demanded again for my gun to be chronoed, they did and it turned out to be firing at around 320fps at a site that allows upto 350. A mate heard him having a quiet word with one of his mates later on and basically what happened was he didn't want to take his hit but because me and 5 others had seen it and witnessed him yelling "OW!", he came up with the excuse that "my gun was running hot" just so he didn't have to take his hit... Was not impressed!

Comment

how would a hot gun mean a hit didnt count.....a hits a hit,
        dosent matter if it comes from a 500fps sniper or springer with as much power as an asthmatic baby if it hits you clean there yoouurr ouuttta there.

Comment

Unfortunately that's what happened. It's really annoyed me to be honest, especially that he always brags about running a 400fps gun (whether he does or not I don't know...). Probably not the best thing to do but eveytime I've seen him since I've just opened up in his face. Bad sportsmanship of me (normally aren't like it) but I think being given bb sized measles is a fair trade for being an absolute w****r and ruining the game for everyone else...

Comment

I know what you mean. The lad that didn´t take the hits from my shotty is now my personal bit*h. I see him on a site and my whole day is dedicated to hunting him down and hitting him as much as possible.

One of the TLW players followed him from where he was hit, at another game, towards the dead zone and when he just walked past it, decided that his day was best spent on an individual search and destroy as well.
            sigpic

Comment

Best: Doesnt apply to any perticular moment but when someone finds you after a game and simply aplaudes a shot ect. Takes a real man to acept when he has been out classed.

Worste: Non hit takers in general, the shouting I hit you even though your shots are falling short ect, nothing special there just the lack of gentlmans honour some players display.

Comment

Best: I ran across open ground towards a little bunker where one guy had most of the team pinned down.

As i got up to the bunker i looked in and made a pistol shape with my hand and shouted *bang* He looked at me for a few seconds and said "Fair enough mate" took the hit and walked of.

After i had shouted bang i got lit up like a xmas tree!

Worst: Some little sh*t of a rental was in a ditch and refused to take hits from any of us (About 5 of us).

No marshals around to call out for one , so we had to stick it out for 5 mins until game over.

I walked over to the ditch to see who it was and they had just gone.

Grrrr
                Hate.
                "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

excellent thread.

example of good sportsmanship:
                  most people here in hong kong to be honest. i recently shot a guy from quite far away with my left hand, although i couldn't confirm the kill. he took it and later congratulated me on a headshot.
                  there are also plenty of people that compliment my kit, my guns, my ridiculous dual wielding, and the moronic videos i make as a result of good times.

example of bad sportsmanship:
                  literally couldn't believe or understand this. there's a cqb site here called pmc. whilst most places require a large party of people to book it, this one just hosts random games every week, and anyone can show up. therefore you encounter people you don't know, some who are great, some who are idiots.
                  one guy, full US kit, long rifle, radio and camelback (indoor?) entered the safe zone after a game, threw his gun on the table and screamed that someone hadn't taken his hit. he had a sulk, then had another whine and an argument with someone later. the marshall had to calm him down, and i left early because i wasn't enjoying myself. what i hate more than people not taking their hits, is people taking the game way too seriously and getting upset with bad play.

example of good and bad sportsmanship:
                  i ran out of cover and shot some dudes. they fired at me, but missed completely. one guy yells 'get the f**k out, i f**king got you.'
                  i stood up and said 'i didn't feel it, but fair enough, i'll take your word for it.'
                  i didn't know who he was, so back at the safe zone, i called over to a friend the other side of the room (making sure EVERYONE could hear) 'someone swore at me during the game then. he said i was out, so i left, but i would really appreciate it if people didn't swear at me. it's disgusting, and after all, it's only a game.'
                  later, some guy walks up to me and admitted it had been him who shouted, apologized, and shook my hand. bad conduct, but big balls for apologizing and admitting his fault.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Bad - 7 of my team including myself in cover on a banking, see 3 of another team coming around a corner (I was in front and saw them coming through a tree and called them out for the rest of the guys) Those 3 enemy players didnt have a clue we were there and so all 7 of us lit the lead guy up before he even saw us. He carried on walking towards us holding the trigger down and spraying but he must have assumed we were at his level and shot below our feet on the banking.
                    He got all pissy and went off and told the site owner that he (single handedly) took out 7 of us when we saw him before he saw us. Naturally the site owner believe him over 7 of us because he was a regular so we got the bollocking.
                    I dont see how after being shot its okay for someone to continue spraying at the guy that shot him. He also complained about being hurt from 7 of us opening up on him, if he didnt want that why carry on walking towards us?

Comment

Reckon most of us on these forums know exactly what you mean mate, sometimes the 'regulars' are the worst people to shoot at because they're nothing more than cheaters and because they're regulars they know they can get away with it. The entire 'regular' team at my local cheats, they have a reputation for being absolutely brilliant because they train hard, fantastic shots, go all the time, etc. In reality they're only so 'good' because they don't take their hits and they all run their guns hot... Makes me sick!

Comment

Best for me was a guy that everytime we encountered each other it was always face to face at a distance of under a meter (walk around corners into other person coming the other way etc), and everytime it was a case of "both take it?"

Worst was actually a marshall:

Playing at a CQB site, there's an intersection room with 4 doors and a large corridor leading off of it. Most marshalls stand in one corner so they can see everything and not be in the way. Not this guy, he stands slap bang in the middle of it, right in the way of any possible shot from any possible direction. It also happens to be the objective, so is going to be fought over. A firefight breaks out, and two of my shots happen to glance the marshall (bear in mind I'm now having to attempt to shoot around him). He storms over getting right up in my face and starts literally shouting into my face "WHAT THE F**K DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING ARE YOU F**KING BLIND YOU F**KING MORON USE YOUR F**KING EYES...*reapeat swearing for good 5 mins*" Yeah that made me really want to go back.
                        sigpic

Comment

What site was that Xe?

Comment

Most infuriating was a kid running at me, I 203'd him in the legs, and there is no way it missed at the distance we were from each other, he carried on running, chucked a "grenade" (The bang type), to which I responded by legging it and diving behind hard cover (Leaving my primary weapon where I was taking cover behind some shrubbery) before it went off, only to have him whine like buggery that I eventually shot him with a side arm.

One of the best was dual pistol sneaking behind two guys talking about the best way to move on the rest of my team, and a friend behind me about 10ft, getting close, using an 'ahem' to announce my presence, pistols pointed at both (Bodies, of course) and them to turn around, realise they were screwed, and come out with "..you bastard." Made me giggle.
                            I game, do you?

Comment

Best= snuck round a squad of 23 people (climbed and jumped out of windows)
                              came up behind and tag killed 10 of them (took the kill with out saying nothing) then walked into the building the remaining lot were firing out of doorways and windows i shouted bang and they all turned around and took the kill without a question (and there was no bang rules either so they could have just turned around and laced me)

Worst= had a fire fight with 7 people just me on my own and luckily a marshal watching every move, the main guy from the other squad is spraying bbs at me say less than a meter away i took no notice because i was quick enough to slip behind the wall before he could even shoot me (my right to his left so i had advantage) plus i am from Electrowerkz too so a close range spray is nothing to me.

Anyway since i had a right wall so i managed to keep hitting him in his AEG and gloves before he could stick or poke round the left side of his wall, he wasn't taking the hit and it was annoying me even the marshal told him off so he went to the back of the line and another member of the squad came to his place at the wall

we were playing in a hospital i knew all the back routes whilst 7 of them were firing at me i threw a flash and ran across and then all the way round and behind them stupidly they were still looking at my old position, so i shot them all in the back say 10 meters away @ full auto, bear in mind i use mid caps too, they all got angry and said they wouldn't take the hit because i shot them so close the big one and leader of the squad runs up to me pushes me and then tries to punch me saying i was out of order so shooting them "so close" and that i was trying to start a fight because they held me up and "nearly had me" i reminded him of his shooting round the corner (which he denied) and then he tried to lie to the marshal

Luckily the marshal saw the whole thing and sent them packing, he knew they were just too angry that one guy took all 7 of them out told me not to worry about it but it was the first time in 6 years of airsoft that i had ever been pushed and a punch thrown at

Comment

DEAD MEN DONT TALK...
                                i really love it when people abide by this rule.
                                (although, it is rare at my site )
                                if we have traded, please remember to rate me on itrader:
                                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=105883

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheJim Find out more about TheJim
                                Working...
                                X