Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

But then again, depending on what was in the rucksack , he may not have felt/heard a thing.

Unlucky though.

Comment

At Ambush War games in Eversley my drum mag in my G36c broke so i asked to borrow my mates M9 and chased a sniper down a path trying to light him up and obviously he was too close for a sniper shot.

another great moment was at the end of that game i was the last alive for defenders with just an M9. they ran for the bunker with the bomb and with the last 2 bullets take out the bomb carrier. I knew what was coming next his 5 trigger happy mates and me a
      newbie to the site, out of ammo. Can you do the math??
      Originally posted by hellbound
      Magpul'ed guns wish they had Chuck Norris attachments

Comment

I threw a thermobaric grenade into the room a bloke was in (that site had a 5m kill zone with 'nades unless behind hard/solid cover)

On a side note, I did find out that the 'bang' rule was in play on said site, not via the site brief but only by some guy who's a reg there. Walked through a door way, heard a quiet murmur of bang, confused, looked about to find a bloke hiding behind the door. He insisted I was hit because he got a bang kill on me. I took it, though not being a fan of that dum rule told the bloke to next time to just put a single shot on centre mass and that I wouldnt hesitate to do likewise (note: not a single marshel had said they operate this rule and it's a complete urban site) To me the bang rule is as bad as a knife kill with your thumb.
        Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 30 October, 2010, 10:02.

Comment

Greatest thing I ever saw was two guys jumping round a corner at each other at the same time coliding mid air
          both calling hit from the colision

Worst some guy got hit at ten meters was seen to jump and react to the pain of the hit then turn and return fire
          TAE

Comment

Best example of sportsmanship I've ever seen was at CSW (my only site)
            my team had taken one of the buildings on the farm and I got tagged so I came back to the building and said to the guy
            "it's a bit hot out there isn't it" and he said "yes" then I noticed he was an OPFOR we both raised our weapons at the same time and he took the hit as a bang kill (in all fairness I should have too)

Worst ever sportsmanship one was again at the farm when I was defending this place and a guy came up behind me and laced me at point blank to the back of the head with full auto, CSW operates a single shot FISH rule, needless to say not best pleased.
            Originally Posted by LtPurcy
            you dont just get handed it, you chase it for 30 miles around dartmoor.
            Originally Posted by spetsnazdave87
            It's like the golden snitch but for hard bastards

Comment

Best: Was playing @ The Grange when my gun failed miserably- some friendly bloke in the safe zone lent me his Ares (I assume) SLR... Lovely rifle... Lighter than expected!!! Helped keep me in until the gun could be sorted! Thank you very much to that man

(Bearing in mind that this was my first game, and he lent me a £400 rifle... Theres trust for you)

Comment

Those are the people that make airsoft what it is (the ones who lend you guuci kit when your gun packs up, not the cheating little C*** (although on a side note they make great pinyatas))
                Another example of bad sportsmanship was again at CSW where someone just blindfired at us from behind a bush at almost point blank range, then when none of us moved he shouted about how he'd hit us and that we should take our hits.
                Originally Posted by LtPurcy
                you dont just get handed it, you chase it for 30 miles around dartmoor.
                Originally Posted by spetsnazdave87
                It's like the golden snitch but for hard bastards

Comment

best: me and a team mate getting pinnged in the head by a guy dual weilding m9's at about 20+ meters, he did shoot a fair few shots but still very cool.

worst: same game but a bad marshal this time, we were playing a "infection" style game and the survivors had to stay in a set off area, i was clearly in the area ( it was marked off by tags) when i see some "infected" moving up to the rear. I turn round and fire off a few shots and then one of the marshals gets up in my face and starts shouting how i should stay in the f*&$%^ boundries. Not impresssed.

slightly off subject, is ambush eversly any good? tried to book a game for my mates at work, sent them a message in april about booking some rentals for them but they STILL havent replied lol.

Comment

Worst ive had recently was my team was attacking a room and we had pinned the last guy round a corner in the back of a cell
                    He was offer a chance to surrender to be nice before we stormed him, he refused which is fair enough as I wouldn't have surrendered either (I prefer to be shot) so I charged in
                    I shoved my m3 shotgun in his chest and asked him to take it, he then tried to get his gun round so I shot him in the chest at about 2 feet.
                    Much to my amazement he then shoots me and then carries on firing at the rest of my team.
                    We eventually got him and after the game I will admit I kinda blew my top, went straight to the marshal who did nothing, his excuse was he didn't feel it - a tri barrel shotgun at 2 feet in the chest

Best ive had is a whole team say well done as I held a room with just a shotgun and pistol for over 15 minutes on my own, the marshal eventually called game over as they ran out of time

Comment

Bad- was playing this castle game at my local and i just got laced by about 2 people, i was being mediced then i looked at my medic who got hit no lie atleast ten times, i look down at him as you got hit, and he went "so? there not taking there hits" when really they were...

Good- mine was today, i did some massive run right round the back to try and blow up a house were two people were and i know this guys gun does 30 od rps and i got lit up by him and another guy, but they had the decentcy to use semi.

Comment

I think like in all areas of life you will always get some good and some bad, that's just the way of things when dealing with people.

The good:
                        - Most of the guys I go with, myself included, have more guns than we could ever use and everyone is happy to lend kit and/or knowledge to other players to keep them in the game when necessary.
                        - I don't, personally, like players who've not been hit taking a hit anyway, if I've missed you then I missed, try to hit cover and hit me, but:
                        -- Once I was firing through a small alcove split between two rooms, I was half-way along a corridor fully occupied by opponents and was on my own, I cleared the room next to me and started shooting across the corridor, one guy took his hit and the next two didn't. After a few persistent untaken hits I called a time-out, which everyone nearby observed, wandered to the room and explained that with limited mags I needed people taking their hits, the entire room admitted they didn't realise they weren't rebounds from outside but as I had their position and they didn't know I was there they all took a hit.
                        -- Had one guy pinned down behind a small section of hard cover, after pinging shots off each side of it every time he tried to so much as move and with nowhere within quick run distance he eventually declared himself dead rather than stay trapped there.

The bad:
                        - Fat American (nationality has some relevance) guy stood with a hire gun in the open, myself with a £1,200+ custom built rifle tucked tightly behind a wide tree with just the rifle, my hands and right side of my face showing. I ping shot after shot off him, eventually shout "Aren't you going to take those?" to which he replies "I hit you first" when his shots are falling before they get to me, let alone hitting a small target. I replied "Don't be daft, you've not got close" at which point he storms over to me, points his gun at me point-blank and tries to tell me he is (not even was and this guy is in shocking shape) a member of the US Marines. I simply told him not to point his gun at me at that range at which point a marshal who had been nearby intervened. The guy was told to cool it for the rest of that game, re-joined gaming later and was subsequently kicked from the site for his further behaviour.
                        - A person at one site tried to bang 8 of us in a room, with us all spread out and most people behind different cover. None of us were happy with it but the marshal actually enforced it. Thankfully it was a game with medics, there was a medic directly outside the door and the opponent stuck around
                        - A player at a site with no "bang" rule who tried to claim he had banged three of us as we all went up the stairs. We knew roughly where he was and were looking for him specifically, we explained we were more than happy to take the shots at that range and if he could simply claim a bang on anyone on the stairs he could shut off that area on his own... He wouldn't have it.
                        - Last weekend, looking up a flight of stairs, three enemies guarding it, took one with a grenade and another with a shot from my rifle, knew where the third was and advanced up the stairs with my sights trained on his only point of exit, his back was exposed to people moving the other way so I knew he had to move imminently. I'm locked on his location, while his mate who I've just shot shouts "Dead man coming out", it's a single-person staircase, I don't move as I still have an active target. His mate shouts "Dead man coming out" again, I still don't move as I'm on target and there is another exit. The dead guy then grabs my gun and pushes it out the way so he can force his way past on the stairs, his still in play mate then lights me up with 13 shots according to the marks still on my arms (we're about 5 feet apart). Wasn't a happy bunny.

The ugly:
                        - Myself and another player two sides of the same blast wall. I pop over the wall (we're on a mound on either side) and put a single shot into them as we're at close range... Nothing. I pop up again, another single shot, another nothing. I put it on auto, pop up and give one quick burst, probably 3-4 shots, nothing. Pop up again and there's a rifle pointing roughly at me but no player behind it, I can still see their back, another very quick burst which was returned, I duck quickly with them never having come into their rifle. I then just kept them occupied as two others snuck around and lit them up from the side so they got a good burst and took it.
                        - A person laying "in cover" looking for targets down a scope, my mate stands behind them and says "Bang, you're dead", no reaction. He says "Excuse me. BANG, you're dead", still nothing. He taps them on the shoulder and says "I've just called you twice on bang hits" to which he gets "£$%£ off" in return, so he steps back and shoots them once, the opponent gets narky at this and turns round and sprays back, thankfully mostly missing.

The downright daft.
                        - I snuck up behind someone in a night game to the point I tapped them on the shoulder and said "You're red, I'm blue, want to be dead?" to which they responded "We don't do the surrender rule here", which was true enough but I thought stupid in this instance, I took one step backwards and put a single round into a mag pouch.
                        - There was a lad tucked into the outside "L" corner of a building, popping up to take shots through the windows out the other side of the building, I'd managed to get inside, snuck upstairs and leant out the window above him, he was crouched looking into the ground. I shouted "I'm directly above you with a pistol pointed at you, do you want to take a hit?", he shouted "We're not allowed to do that here", again true and again stupid, he tried to bring his gun to bear, he was currently looking down and I already had my pistol on target, one shot and one kill that could've taken a bang.
                        - Again, I once was one side of a bunker and pushed my barrel through an opening, tapped a guy on the side of the head with it and said "Bang bang, you're dead", he took it but then went to a marshal and complained saying "I didn't think we did bang kills here", the marshal explained that technically they don't but would he rather I'd shot him in the ear when I can press my barrel against his head.
                        - I have a mate who's a bit funny in the head, he plays with his heart, sometimes it works, sometimes it really doesn't:
                        -- He once ran toward a room with enemies in, slid into the room feet first and killed two guys mid-slide... Awesome.
                        -- He once saw a guy just before a smoke grenade obscured the view, he ran through the smoke, lined up, pulled the trigger and heard lots of noise but saw no shots connect, he then got hosed... He'd caught the mag release on his MP5 while running and his magazine was now on the floor behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladyr View Post
                          Again, I once was one side of a bunker and pushed my barrel through an opening, tapped a guy on the side of the head with it and said "Bang bang, you're dead", he took it but then went to a marshal and complained saying "I didn't think we did bang kills here", the marshal explained that technically they don't but would he rather I'd shot him in the ear when I can press my barrel against his head.
                          PMSL, on another planet...:D
                          Originally posted by Bluegill
                          5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

There's this one guy at Shoreline who never takes his hits blind fires the works..... Worlds worst sportsman in my opinion so i decided to teach him a lesson as he'd been brushing off my shots all day, I snook round to his spawn and stalked him all the way into battle amazingly he got all the way to the flag and even picked it up but as he turned i shot him straight where no man wants to get hit with my 500fps l96 from probably 10 feet away to which he left and hopefully wont return

Comment

Now I would say the above comment - the retaliation side is the worst sportsmanship I've ever heard.

500fps- 3 metres away deliberate to the .. Groin area.

That warrants you getting kicked off site forever in my opinion...

Tell a marshal it's what they are there for .

Billy- your age?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by billybob9351 View Post
                                ... as he turned i shot him straight where no man wants to get hit with my 500fps l96 from probably 10 feet away to which he left and hopefully wont return
                                That is inexcusable. There are appropriate ways of dealing with non-hit takers. They do not include taking matters into your own hands, and firing at someone at that kind of range @ 500 fps.

Im surprised he didnt belt you - I know plenty of players who would have!
                                bought [bawt]
                                verb
                                Simple past tense and past participle of buy.
                                brought [brawt]
                                verb
                                Simple past tense and past participle of bring.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheJim Find out more about TheJim
                                Working...
                                X