Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

At ****** ***** in d day game (3 phase retreat) I decided to hide behind a big tree and ferns so I could.get behind the opfor andd take them out frpm the rear. I got in position to hide and lay there for15 minutes, until I was sure the other team had passed. I got up put some mags in easy to reach pockets for.quick access and was about to set about finding the other team players.
    I was behind a big mound about to get going when I noticed a red player sitting next to a tree, I didnt move but kept him in my sights, waiting. Turns out he was reading as I heard him on his radio, so I waited for him to leave.
    He looked up and saw me so I shouldered my gun ready to shoot but he didn't do anytyhing. I got up and killed 9 or so people. I wish I could've thanked him later for not getting me but I couldn't find him

Comment

To be fair Billy I would of hit you in the mouth for that!
      Originally posted by iNK
      Tokyo Marui? Can't say I have ever heard of them. Sounds like some sort of Ramen soup. Are you sure you are not reading off the back of a take-away flyer?

Comment

Quite a few of the boring old "I'm sure I was hitting but they weren't taking" stories that everyone has a million of themselves.

Best I can remember off the top of my head was at GZ Urban, my first skirmish. We were attacking a pair of buildings and my team were showing a lack of physical courage, as it were. I said "bugger it", charged in and managed to get up between the buildings without getting hit. I crept in and started clearing rooms by myself and found a guy not looking at me. I pulled the trigger to give him a pop with the shotgun and nothing happened: I was out of ammo. He looked round when I fired and he could've had me, but he just took the hit and let me crack on with clearing the building. Feeling relieved, I put the shotty down and took out the pistol I'd borrowed, then moved to the next room. Again, I had the drop on someone looking out on the window, pulled the trigger and once again nothing happened. I'd forgotten to take the safety off! Once again, they took the hit without me even having to say anything.

Definitely would like more of that.
        My good man, why do you bandy words like this? You are wasting time...Words are potent in debate, deeds in war decide your fate. Then don't go on piling up the words, but fight!
        - Patroclos, The Iliad

Comment

If I got hit like that from Billy you'd have been shot and punched a few times.
          It is inexcusable
          sigpic

Comment

Havn't been in the sport long enough to experince a good sportmanship encounter.

However on my 2nd skirmish, my friend, a team mate and my self were all shooting at this ginger kid, probably around 12-14. We were playing a game where if you were hit you would go 30 paces back towards your spawn point. After being hit a few times by me, and not calling hit and a few times by my team mates he eventually called hit. I was annoyed, but instead of walking back 30 paces he walked sideways about 10 paces. We all lit him up and he called hit, but continued to walk sideways not very far. This happened 3 times.

One of the times I clearly hit him so I shouted, "Take your hits." While shouting he hit me. As he was hit I didn't take mine. I was sure it came from him. I'm not sure if I was right not to take it but he was deffinately out. After a while he eventually decided to walk back and we continued to play. It kind of dampened the mood and then later on he got my mate's gun banned for being slightly overpowered even though it never hit him, had no hop so was ranging 20m and he had to load it by putting a bb in the magwell while holding it upside down... But I guess it was overpowered so what can you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancisace View Post
              Quite a few of the boring old "I'm sure I was hitting but they weren't taking" stories that everyone has a million of themselves.

Best I can remember off the top of my head was at GZ Urban, my first skirmish. We were attacking a pair of buildings and my team were showing a lack of physical courage, as it were. I said "bugger it", charged in and managed to get up between the buildings without getting hit. I crept in and started clearing rooms by myself and found a guy not looking at me. I pulled the trigger to give him a pop with the shotgun and nothing happened: I was out of ammo. He looked round when I fired and he could've had me, but he just took the hit and let me crack on with clearing the building. Feeling relieved, I put the shotty down and took out the pistol I'd borrowed, then moved to the next room. Again, I had the drop on someone looking out on the window, pulled the trigger and once again nothing happened. I'd forgotten to take the safety off! Once again, they took the hit without me even having to say anything.

Definitely would like more of that.
              To be honest do you htink they were right to not bang or hit you? I mean if you have no BB's, surely you shouldn't get a banh hit when you tried to actually hit him and if you had safety on then it's your fault. I'm not saying it's wrong but if they did hit you I wouldn' say it was bad sportmanship, would you?

Comment

A few examples of good and bad at my most recent game;

a) I was shooting at a new guy who was laying down and was most definately hit him. He was wearing a full face mask but after one hit I saw him fling his head back, readjust his mask and then continue firing!

b) There was a really tool guy looking over the top of a barricade who was about to shoot the guy who was walking in front of me. I noticed only his face so it was the only part that I could shoot at. I stuck my gun on semi, told the guy in front of me to get down, fired at the enemy player and hit him right in the jaw. I immediately apologized for the shot after making the hit and went to make sure he was ok after the game as he had a massive welt on his face where I'd hit him.

c) My site owner was moving up in the village base and I fired a shot at him. I thought it had hit him centre mass but after the game he came up to me and congratulated me on a good shot. It had hit him in the throat.I felt quite bad.

That's only a few but overall I think there are more experiences of good sportsmanship rather than bad. Especially at my local site.

Comment

Good sportsmanship - back in the days of being a Hire gun, there was a mess up with the booking meaning not enough Hire guns and so looking as though it would mean a drive back home and somebody jumped up and offered to lend me his Upgraded (and lipo'ed) Ak. Airsoft needs more people like this!!

Bad Sportsmanship - There was a Group of people who play in a team running all the gear (comms, Systema's Electronic pyro's etc) so they know how the game works. They were more childish than the young-uns playing. if they thought they hit somebody and that layer didn't take a hit they would then spend the rest of the game not taking hits. yes I hate none hit takers as much as everybody else, but I believe what is being done here is worse, even at the end of a game when confronted the usual response was " yes you hit me, but I KNOW I hit you first so I didn't take my hit".

Comment

Billy, you are ruining my/our name man!

You would have been banned at our local for that. Alongside a couple of bruises.

Comment

• Re: Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Originally posted by RPK for president. View Post
                      To be honest do you htink they were right to not bang or hit you? I mean if you have no BB's, surely you shouldn't get a banh hit when you tried to actually hit him and if you had safety on then it's your fault. I'm not saying it's wrong but if they did hit you I wouldn' say it was bad sportmanship, would you?
                      Sorry, I didn't make it very clear. I was citing that as an example of GOOD sportsmanship
                      My good man, why do you bandy words like this? You are wasting time...Words are potent in debate, deeds in war decide your fate. Then don't go on piling up the words, but fight!
                      - Patroclos, The Iliad

Comment

Originally posted by challdog View Post
                        cant leave this out tho...
                        first ever skirmish,
                        utter noob, all alone.
                        cold day.
                        fell over and broke my m14 stock :'(
                        a couple of guys laughed, but one guy picked me up, walked me back to the safezone.
                        not only that, but he then sat down (and missed his next game) helping me fix my M14.
                        to top all of this off, he then talked to the marshalls so that i'd be on his team, and he lent me a pistol so i could be his spotter for the day
                        couldnt have asked for a better first experience.

(i'm actually extremely good friends with him now, and we go to my local site every month)

i guess a bit of kindness goes a long way

iain
                        i like that story :D thats what airsofts about

Comment

worst moment was playing against a stag party who didnt take hits and ran towards you spraying and swearing if you hit them more than once.

best was getting the drop on 5 or 6 opposing team players and managaing to hold my own as they tried to flank me, unfortunatly the last guy got me out but he shook my hand after and congratualted me

when you play with the right people airsoft is great

Comment

Best - The Mall, coming down the main stairwell into the Service Corridors. I rounded the corner with my M4 to come on muzzle to chest with me and a guy in full swat gear with a P90 (when you're close enough to get on the end of a P90, you know you're in CQB). We just both looked at each other and the guns in our chests and just went "....yeah...I'm gonna go back to respawn now...you?" "Yeah...I think I will" Good show.

Worst - TOD at The Fort. Frenchie's youngest was walking down the main trail, hands clearly up in the air, walking back to the safe zone...just to get lit up like a christmas tree in the back of the head! That kinda sh*t is awful.

Also had a squad of guys at the site once, one of them was being hit repeatedly in the beret "Take your hit mate, we've been rattling you in the beret for 10 seconds now" he responded with "You didn't hit me, you hit my beret"....which was on his head...D.I.C.K

M

Comment

Best:

Bought my first ever airsoft AEG, a wonderful AK-74M by CYMA back before they were as rare as golden leprechaun testicles. Arrived at Fearful Silence and proudly said I was a walkon, since this was my fourth ever airsoft trip.

They Chrono it...425 FPS! The site I bought it from claimed 320 max. Fearful Silence has a strict 350 fps limit. GUTTED. Had to sit out the first game when some marshals said they'll take a look at changing the spring. Somewhere in the middle of the process, a member of our uni team who goes by Another on this forum, ran up and took over the spring-change. Thankfully, he had a spare SMG spring lying around.

Later, I learned that he swapped the spring in my CYMA successfully, and that the marshals wanted to charge me 40 quid for the spring change.

Now my AK-74M is still running amazingly with no repairs, going on a year now, 290 fps, with no semi-auto. The semi-auto was the marshals bodging something up with the gearbox when they took it out of the gun. Not complaining, though. It's an AK.

To this day I'm good friends with this man, who has made sure I skirmished my first ever gun and had a good time at a proper airsoft site.

Worst:

I was thinking of not mentioning where this happened, but sod it. It's for other peoples' information as well so they know what they're getting into when they go to this site.

The site is NTAC. Went there with a small team of members from our uni club, the owners said we would be going up against the local team.

They arrived an hour late, wearing full desert DPM, carrying souped-up M-4's, warbeards, cowboy hats, the works. Called themselves the Wasps. Lovely, we thought.

Then the fun started. FOB-area, flags in the middle. Pretty large area. Our guns were all under 350, we could barely hit the middle of the field when we fired from our spawn.

The other team fires from their spawn and their rounds pick off people at our spawn, and this is all the way from the other side of the field. Well, good hops, we thought. Then we heard said BB's hit the wooden barricades. While ours sounded like plastic bouncing off of wood, their shots sounded like angry wasps embedding themselves in the wooden barricades.

I respawn, and as soon as that happens, a shot hits me square on the bridge of my nose where no face-mask can cover. That also happened to be the area my nose was broken before. They didn't re-break my nose, but that HURT and I could feel my nose moving around a little as well as some blood coming out of there. I actually had to sit down until my head stopped spinning and my vision returned to normal. Not even a "are you ok?" from the marshals. Yep, their guns felt pretty hot.

Marshals ignored our claims, saying they chronoed them.

Mate of mine is behind a barricade, picking off the enemy, someone on the other team says h's not taking his hits, calls a marshal. As marshal is walking over, he uses the marshal for cover and shoots my mate at close range. Marshal does not seem to notice. My mate got a huge bollocking for that.

The marshals also helped out the other team, blowing whistles when we tried to attack from behind. Fair play, I've seen that happen before, no problem with that. Evens the game as we outnumbered them.

After other similar events, last game started. My mates and I ran out of ammunition and stood around at an out-of-the-way area, telling everyone we're dead, waiting for the game to end, weapons on the ground and everything.

A boy on our team was still alive and hid behind a corner near us. Enemies come around the bend, guns pointed at us, asked us if we were dead. "We are," we replied.

Then the boy on our team, who is still alive, and hiding some distance from us, comes around the corner and takes those two guys out.

They were not pleased, said we dead people distracted them.

The rules were that dead people had to respawn out of view of the other team and after 30 seconds. The boy walked up to us, we said "good shot," and he started to walk off. The two guys counted down from 30 right behind him, with a yell of "we're in!" turned around and fired full-auto into the poor boy's face at less than 4 metres away (with guns we had good reason to believe were 400+ fps). He had some serious welts and bleeding afterwards, and almost burst into tears. He needed some bandages after that.

The day was over and I got some people together who had problems with the other team to talk to the marshals. I told them about what went on the entire day, and the marshals' responses were:

"They're our local boys, they'd never do anything like that."

"You always get people not taking their hits, cheating, it's a fact of the game."

"You had complaints about your team, too."

"Guns at 300fps can cause the same injuries."

"It's not their FPS, it's their hops and tight-bore barrels that give them that range."

And upon further claims and proof that they were cheating and had overpowered weapons, the best I got out of the marshals was:

"They paid a lot of money for those guns. Don't ruin the game for them."

Definitely not coming back there unless it's only our team for the entire day.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamarov View Post
                                "It's not their FPS, it's their hops and tight-bore barrels that give them that range."

"They paid a lot of money for those guns. Don't ruin the game for them."
                                Yeah, I've had similar to that at a different site.
                                I'll accept that a well set up gun can out-perform another gun at the same muzzle velocity (hell, I have a collection of very carefully assembled guns), but some people don't seem to factor in any logic.

I was at a site once where I was using my 500fps long with over £1500 of internals that I have spent a lot of time tweaking and tuning (though I rarely bother actually use it).
                                We were in a game where I got a sight of an oppo across a large area of open ground, I figured it was a long-long shot but I had a light wind behind me and so tried a speculative shot, which dropped just a little short. He noticed my friend and I and opened fire with him M4, firing into the wind he was managing to put shots around us.
                                I complained to a marshal as their site limit for AEGs is a strict 340 only to be told that the guy was a regular and he just had a really well sorted gun...

I know how well a well sorted gun can fire, I have a very expensively assembled rifle that does fire closer to sniper rifles than AEGs, but it only manages to close the gap, not out-range any competently built sniper let alone out-range a very carefully assembled rifle with 160fps advantage and the wind on it's side.

My friend and I pointed out that the physics of it just wasn't possible and there was no way he was even close to 340fps and were roundly told not to be trouble-makers...
                                I wouldn't have wanted to be hit by that thing close up.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheJim Find out more about TheJim
                                Working...
                                X