X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Newbie Speak

Trust me there is you ain't met me lmao
    Originally posted by bulldoguk
    Short barreled version so I can class it as a CQB right?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75861[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Millzy View Post
      Not a new player but I once had a 'discussion' with a lad at a skirmish because he was adamant that real steel M16's don't have a full auto function because they dint fire full auto on black hawk down.....
      The funny thing is that there is a full auto m16 scene on black hawk down lol

Comment

Originally posted by Millzy View Post
        I'd never rip the piss out of someone for asking a question though. If you do, you're just an elitist arsehole as far as I'm concerned... There's no need for it, so stop thinking you're awesome & STFU....

Tbh, I rather enjoy playing with new lads, they listen more.
        I second that!
        It's reading threads like this that make me want to airsoft again. If I could play with only half of the guys on this forum who share the same sentiments about elitism and remembering it's a game, I would've never quit. It's only the people who take it too seriously that really infuriated me. Perhaps I just played at a crap site which is looking like the case.

I can't remember any of my newbie mistakes as it was years ago when I started, but there are a lot of questions I've had for having an odd choice in apparel and guns. A few that spring to mind are:

#1 - "You need a better vest, that one's shit" by some IDIOT regular player who was known as a cheat, tried to run the site despite not having any affiliation with running it and thought he was the best because he was in the Territorial Army.

#2 - "Is your sniper rifle a .50cal?" by some new player when I brought my PSG-1. I don't really see how the magazine size on a PSG could be anywhere near that of a .50 calibre, but some people aren't knowledgeable about guns so I was happy to answer his question properly.

#3 - "Why don't you get a decent sidearm?" by yet another 'regular' player because I had a Tanaka M500 8" in a shoulder holster. I was known for having excessively sized sidearms (M500 revolver, Desert Eagle) at my site, but people could never understand why I didn't take the "practical" choice. Like it really matters, they're not carrying it.

They're all that spring to mind. I'd love to play some games with most of the players on this forum who aren't elitist, miserable gits. I never shouted at anyone during my time on site unless someone came shouting at me. Never got angry with new players, never denied anyone a go of one of my guns, never cared about winning games. If only everyone wasn't so narrow-minded

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak View Post
          They're all that spring to mind. I'd love to play some games with most of the players on this forum who aren't elitist, miserable gits. I never shouted at anyone during my time on site unless someone came shouting at me. Never got angry with new players, never denied anyone a go of one of my guns, never cared about winning games. If only everyone wasn't so narrow-minded
          Now you sound like someone I could skirmish with!

To be honest, I haven't actually properly seen anyone in the field act 'elitist' towards anyone (it all seems to be people hiding behind the internet), although there was some sniggering when a mate of mine broke 8 rental guns at GZU in one day!

The only thing that gets on my nerves slightly is the incessant call of duty references, although in some instances they can be funny:

Me, my mate Ritchie, and some others at exeter were all pinned down on the bridge from both directions. Now Ritchie and I had both just got some lipos for our guns so were burning through ammo at a larger than normal rate (lots of suppressing fire!) Ritchie runs out of ammo, so I chuck him my last spare mag yelling "Last Mag!" To which I hear "Make it count!" in a mock American accent over my shoulder. Needless to say after looking at each other, me and Ritchie just start giggling.

Comment

Originally posted by Waco475 View Post
            I also ran straight into a tyre wall while paintballing once...Literally face first. One of those rare instances where you're off balance in such a way, that you know if you stop running you're going down. I wish I had stopped running though, in retrospect.
            I know it is old but which is the newbie speak/fail, running into the wall or paintball?

Yes I am joking, don't hate!

Comment

I've been doing this for a few years now and there are some good things about noob's and rentals, they stick to the rules because they actually listen to the brief and are so scared of getting booted off the field.and 9 out of 10 times take their hits, most site's I've been to, and it's a fair few, have regulars who either marshal there or 'know' ( have spoken once with) the site manager/owner and this seems to exempt them from being hit, bleeding out or returning to respawn. Or they have a far superior looking gun therefore could not possibly take a hit from a sportline stock gun. Noob's are fun because we all like to laugh at somebody but laugh at the guy who tells the story about how he once cleared a building all on his own with one lo cap, not realising that he was that much of a dipsh1t that everyone left him behind because they were more interested in the mid day burger than listening to how when he sells his scooter he will save up and buy a systema..

Comment

I remember rocking up at my first ever game on my own, no kit or anything, lads all over the place in DPM and M4's etc an I ask "is this the airsoft place". Felt a bit stupid, noons can be funny but we need them as who else would we show off our guns to, although the questions are funny, best noon I saw was couple of months ago and he just went for it and ran straight upwards enemy and took 2 out to clear a path, top young man he was
                sigpic

Comment

What's a noon?

Comment

must be an airsofter who only plays after 12:00 pm

Comment

Its the iphone equivalent of noob.

Comment

At my last game we had quite a few newbie's show up. I had been hit so walked back to the dead zone. Had a smoke and started walking back, these kids were around 50-60m away from an actual fight hiding behind tree's and what not with there G36's, MP5's etc. I casually walked past them and looked for a decent spot to camp. I was sniping so yet another clue was there for them to push up but they didn't...

I don't tend to communicate much with new players as it's a learning experience for them. They're supposed to make common mistakes in order to better themselves. Although some people can attempt to be very bossy even to regulars. Friend of mine was reloading and someone in a serious tone of voice asked him to push up to then my friend held his mags in the air and sarcastically replied ''reloading sir''. We all laughed are arses off as the other guy simply said ''oh ok'' and trolled off.

Comment

Originally posted by Xx Feral xX View Post
                          He then also tried to tell me that his spring pistol was more accurate and had more range than said G3
                          This is happened to me with my CA M15A4 :D:D:D

Comment

Had a rental at my local CQB jump out of a doorway and open fire at point blank range- he'd run out of ammo so I just stood there laughing until he realised something was up. Took the hit though as I felt kinda sorry for him.

Comment

I thought that story was going to read "I carried on laughing at him while he wound up his mag, and then he rinsed me"

Comment

A teenager, airsofting for the first time, comes up to me while i'm holding my TM mk23 and says "that gun looks cool, but it's s**t becuase it doesn't have any recoil.". i cannot stand it when people who judge other people equipment just for the looks, i put alot of money into my gear, the last thing i want is someone insulting my trusty pistol which they have never seen being used in the field.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X