Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Newbie Speak

Originally posted by Jackypoos View Post
    A young rental the other day was convinced a VSR (or something similar) was a WA2000 xD
    I just left them to argue ;-;
    The WA2000 uses the internals from the vsr doesn't it, well at least that's what i thought.

:P

Comment

Just think it amusing how newbies seem to think you are their sergeant or something - a couple of times I have been asked 'do you want me to attack the base' or 'what should we do now' whilst a full battle is going on around you - just reply 'point your gun and shoot someone if you like' then I try to move away, but realise they are now following me!
      Another thing I don't find amusing is if you have made careful progress to a good hiding spot to wait and ambush the other team, next thing some newbie appears towering over you, is daft enough to give you a 'how's it going mate' and proceeds to start shooting at nothing like rambo with an M60 - you end up with twenty dudes all shooting in your direction.
      I am battle-tested bayonets bro,You can’t process me with a normal brain-If you borrowed my brain for five seconds,you’d be like-Dude-can’t handle it,unplug this b@st@rd!-It fires in a way that’s maybe not from,uh this terrestrial realm-Charlie Sheen

Comment

To be honest I think most young players ask elders for guidance, I find it incredibly boring to operate on my own... Although I enjoyed Lone Wolfing on the last game, dodging between other teams battles.
        The best Noob I ever saw was one we said could come with us.... When told to move up to my position by an adult team player, it took 15 minutes. And it had to be explained 3 times. By which time I had two nice welts in my groin. Oh well, you live and learn...

Comment

Originally posted by curlyboy View Post
          The other one i still love is all the kids who have watched too much Black Hawk Down and have to shout 'loading' at the top of their voice when doing so and i no longer have the heart to stop them (-;

curlyboy
          Always makes me chuckle to here this. I look to my mate's who are also in the army and smile.

Like the above said we were all new once though. Some noobies i have played with are very mature (a few of them were better behaved than a group of regulars that game day)

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDivisionAirsoft View Post
            I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And i'm all outta gum.

That comes from "They Live". A John Carpenter film, awesome film as well. It's a little different in the film but flows better.

Comment

Don't mind helping the younger players, but newbies aren't always young - when someone asks me what they should do in a game, I think to myself 'what are you asking me for I'm only here for a laugh' , that's what I find amusing, but if we're talikng teenagers here, have absolutely no problem telling them to move up or to not sit about in the open waiting to get shot.
              I never take games too serious, you see guys running about screaming and stuff and I just think to myself, chill out mate it's only a game. They are also the dudes mentioned above who are talking in army code - get a grip guys you are playing with toy guns in the woods.
              I am battle-tested bayonets bro,You can’t process me with a normal brain-If you borrowed my brain for five seconds,you’d be like-Dude-can’t handle it,unplug this b@st@rd!-It fires in a way that’s maybe not from,uh this terrestrial realm-Charlie Sheen

Comment

On sunday we were doing a rolling assault when a newbie about 30ft behind everyone shouts, "Come on Push UP" from behind his tree. What did he think we were doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Don-flash View Post
                  On sunday we were doing a rolling assault when a newbie about 30ft behind everyone shouts, "Come on Push UP" from behind his tree. What did he think we were doing?
                  we were assaulting charlie, and flink (our commander) come on bravo push up.
                  5 seconds later hes running back towards me, to be fair he had run out of ammo. lol
                  l33t win.

i enjoy have noobs around me, they're allways amased by what gun i'm useing and how many i have.
                  the RP never go's a miss ither, every game i have peeps comeng up to me asking how it works.

but i do find it fun to have newer players around, 9/10 times they listen and despite being new are very good players XD.

doing a sneek attack of charlie again (a while back) my and friend josh decided to do a 2 man assult, we randomly but in to this kiddy with a two tone, just wondering about, in the dence tree line where we were. after asking him if he wanted to make him self use full we performed a 3 man assult on deltas main base!
                  l33t win as we all pushed in and we're all just takieng out people left right and center coz they have no idia what was going on. how ever geting cocky i did get laced in the face resulting in blood. hand shakes with every one after though :D

Comment

Originally posted by Reian View Post
                    In fairness we were all new once, theres a special lvl of, well urm, special reserved for noobs.
                    I'd like to think i avoided most 'proper' noob moments. but then i still have to google the random letters people spout, so i always find people getting high and mighty about that a little rich.

also thing you gotta rememeber is that just cause someone quotes computer games alot, doesn't actually make them a noob. (i mean i 'stormed' a room once and mannaged to get like 4 kills before the other 3/4 occupants noticed me and rinced me. and i was going through the Unreal kill streak sound bites. a little sad that i died before i got to wicked sick but still, it was probably worth the fact i probably died quicker for the fun of it :P) also i almost always say head-shot when i head shot. or click click boom or somthing when i throw nades. it's part of the fun.

and frankly anyone willing/able to jump in the air spin 360 then hipshot the broad side of a barn door, gets at least some respect from me. cause i know i'd make about 180 tops, and proably hit my own foot.

if you look on youtube ,search : FPS Russia -360 no scope =) good video but i dont now if its real?
                    Check Out My Airsoft Videos / POV Action / Kit Reveiws and loads more on
                    Youtube www.youtube.com/user/7ackbee

Comment

i imagine fake but funny as %^&* tbh.

if it is real, then niiiiiice :-)
                      Wingers
                      .: Wingers Web .Co .Uk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NitroJoe View Post
                        That's one way to stop the sport growing.

Who's the idiot, the guy trying to get involved, or the guy trying to humilate him?
                        i agree bit of a a-hole thing to do reminds me of schoolkids bullying someone in a way

Comment

not really newbie speak but the other week a few of us regroup and a new kid bright green vsr clone (reminding me of myself when i was a newbie with primark camo :p ) well he went gents gents 360 no scope to which he actually managed to hit a op-player sneaking up on us! i was in pure amazement!

Comment

I introduced a mate to airsoft, his first game, he was well onto it. He had his M4, then he borrowed my vsr, mac 11 & borrowed a pistol off someone, I think he had a shotgun too actually, bless him. Rolling around all enthusiastically....he was thirty odd at the time lol.

Not a new player but I once had a 'discussion' with a lad at a skirmish because he was adamant that real steel M16's don't have a full auto function because they dint fire full auto on black hawk down.....

I'd never rip the piss out of someone for asking a question though. If you do, you're just an elitist arsehole as far as I'm concerned... There's no need for it, so stop thinking you're awesome & STFU....

Tbh, I rather enjoy playing with new lads, they listen more. As soon as you tell them you're a squaddie, they're all over you like a tramp on chips. Example A: our team had to take a trench system (Stalingrad type rules, attackers infinite respawns etc), the now defending team took it in 26 odd minutes. Our turn comes to attack, I hatch a plan, fill everyone in, gave them an 'inspirational' chat (I hate when people sit back on a game where we have infinite respawns!) & off we go! Took it completely in 5mins.... Lol
                            Last edited by Millzy; 18 March, 2011, 01:37.
                            Originally posted by The Laughing Man
                            Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

Love this tread but I have a confection I'm a newbie lol
                              Only been playing for 6-9 months and still ask stupid questions
                              "I like your m4" (looking at a some gun I can't remember the name of)
                              The thing is people Had a giggle at me but thats the banter of softing I love it
                              I'm starting to learn things now but you ain't Gunna learn if you don't ask the stupid questions
                              On the other hand if you have a attertude then you ain't going anywhere as people will just shut down
                              Originally posted by bulldoguk
                              Short barreled version so I can class it as a CQB right?
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]75861[/ATTACH]

Comment

There's no such thing as a stupid question!
                                WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X