Collapse

Newbie Speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe the worst noob fail for me was when I was playing my first game. I managed to get behind the enemy and I ran out into the open screeching on full auto wondering why nobody was taking any hits. *looks at empty magwell* 0-0

I'm just glad that I have good friends I play with. I once made a smarmy comment about someone not shouldering their gun at all, at which point my friend gave me a good dressing down and told me to shut it because it's not a real gun! :-p

I'm just glad that when somebody makes a noobish mistake they often see the funny side of it too! Elitism is a pain in the bum, especially because the elitists were probably the noob screaming at the top of his voice firing dry on full auto running in the open and wondering why those guys at 100m aren't taking their hits when he's clearly as accurate as Rambo whilst hip-firing!

Comment

• Re: Newbie Speak

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
      @Slick, it must be a civi thing, Janes doesnt always get it right either. in 10+years with an issue one, it was and with guys more senior than never been called an Enfield, the only rifle to be called an Enfield was the Lee Enfield .303. The L85, has in my time always been called the L85 (I joined long before the A2 version as well) or 'piece of useless junk' as it was effectionatly known as, especially after the 4th firing pin to snap in one day.
      You are of course right buddy, I`ve never heard it called an Enfield by anyone in the forces. I was presuming it was a manufacturers term when it first came out.
      Back on topic, the most common thing I hear new players saying is
      "I`m already hit, penis !".
      I take it that 'penis' is a favourite word with youngsters these days.

Comment

Newbie speak doesn't annoy me so much as people who just don't listen. People have to learn eventually, but it doesn't excuse them for being plain stupid.

Example at CSW a few weeks back we were pushing towards to fort (at the time unfinished) with a marshall behind us as a respawn point. On numerous occasions after charging in I was yelling at people to move up, who were digging in BEHIND the respawn point :/

Comment

Only a few weekends ago someone at our site was moaned at by someone for hiding behind trees :-s Was interesting to say the least
          www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbath View Post
            Only a few weekends ago someone at our site was moaned at by someone for hiding behind trees :-s Was interesting to say the least
            Ah yes... I was marshalling that day. The same guy came to me and said "Tell those guys to stop hiding behind trees!".

Considering our site is woodland... Hmm...
            The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Those sneaky trees eh, impeding play. Gah, the nerve of them!
              WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Originally posted by helpimonfire View Post
                Ah yes... I was marshalling that day. The same guy came to me and said "Tell those guys to stop hiding behind trees!".

Considering our site is woodland... Hmm...
                I`d be interested to know what you said to him, in the same situation I would`ve been speechless...or laughing my head off

Comment

I had a noob say to me 'whats the best way of attcking this base?' (thats fine im a freindly person) I told him to aproach it slowly at all angles and then attack.Another noob shouts at me 'dont listen to him hes a liar the best way is to run up to the base,trust me ive practived on black ops'

Pleb

I saw another noob removing his highcap then shouting RELOADING every 10 secs

Dom

Comment

Originally posted by DCRISP07 View Post
                    Those sneaky trees eh, impeding play. Gah, the nerve of them!
                    I know! How could they possibly get in the way?!

Originally posted by slick63 View Post
                    I`d be interested to know what you said to him, in the same situation I would`ve been speechless...or laughing my head off
                    I have to admit, I was speechless. I stared at him blankly and said "Seriously?"

He was deadly serious. I think. Although I hope he wasn't!
                    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

why are all newbs considered young?

im new and im 29 in a few days, or is that young to you lot lol

Comment

• Originally posted by rmkillerman View Post
                        why are all newbs considered young?

im new and im 29 in a few days, or is that young to you lot lol
                        I'm 14...

Comment

Originally posted by MAJIK View Post
                          I'm 14...
                          im not but still a newb but the presumbtion is all newbs are kids, yet even if you been in the game for yrs we are still kis running around with toy guns HAPPY DAY,

back on subject ok im a newb but on my first game i couldnt help but think this cadet was a tad bit clueless, always leaving his squad behind, to the point i was pinned i belive by are friend sean and someone else and the cadet got turned over while trying to ambush the enemy.

FAIL

Comment

Originally posted by rmkillerman View Post
                            im not but still a newb but the presumbtion is all newbs are kids, yet even if you been in the game for yrs we are still kis running around with toy guns HAPPY DAY,

back on subject ok im a newb but on my first game i couldnt help but think this cadet was a tad bit clueless, always leaving his squad behind, to the point i was pinned i belive by are friend sean and someone else and the cadet got turned over while trying to ambush the enemy.

FAIL
                            Ya that was me, unfortunatly I dont think he realised we had a 360 defence and a secondary ambush setup! :D
                            That was the same guy who followed me into the field and promptly forgot what the objective was as he was more bothered about following me.
                            Hope you had a good day though mate, ya seemed to get on alright.
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

The best noob thing I heard was a bunch of rentals maybe 5 of them at a cqb site start of the 1st game the all block up the 1st door way that has contact at it, the 1st one gets hit and was like "awww that hurts it really hurts Im going" the other 4 say stuff like "oh no it hurts lets go" and they all left the game lol, Ok the did play the rest of the night but that was so so funny.

We should always shoot noobs before letting them rent gear to make sure lol
                              sigpic
                              Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

@ sean yh m8 was a class day scored a few hits but took one the the fore head right at the start lol. everyone was really friendly and will defo be coming again.

i really felt for the 2 lads that he dragged along with him by the time i got to there position they was all downed and i mediced them, one of them was ex army (not sure tho) and the whole day thought wtf is he upto lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X