Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

what's the weirdest thing to happen to you on the way or from a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: what's the weirdest thing to happen to you on the way or from a game?

Originally posted by Yivo View Post
    I love zeroin.
    And then someone gets bored because the conversation isnt progressing anywhere lol

Comment

So well this was pretty wierd :
      Had a great day , took off all of my kit , safely put the rifs and everything in the boot and changed into jeans and a jumper . Started to drive home and was a very uneventful trip . Got home unloaded the car , cleaned my guns in the "gun room" , had dinner , watched a film and went to bed .

I thought that was normal but from what most people has posted this seems to be a rather unusual thing to happen

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

I wear mine sometimes over my normal gear sometimes because I have not got a bag it will fit in that I feel comfortably riding the bike with. as for wearing them when getting a lift it depends, a nice tight vest can be really comfortable if my backs hurting.

Comment

can't believe how many people are getting all worked up over others wearing combat gear and rigs in public. I'm always in rig out in public. sometimes its not possible to change out of their gear yes vests on out in the streets is daft but so wot how is that so criminal. sometimes people forget they have their holsters on which i have a few times cos they are so comfy you forget they are there. even had my weapons out on show once or twice going 10yrds up the slope to my front door and how do i get away with it well all the neighbours know wot i do and we have no OLD PEOPLE LIVING ON A NAVAL ESTATE and the fact i couldn't fit all my weapons into my gun case. so to all you people getting worked up over others wearing rigs in public just lighten the f*&k up.

anyway got a funny look off an naval officer at bristol temple meads when i turned up in full russian camo thought he was gonna rip me a new arse for not wearing a baret. didn't have any weapons on me at the time as they were with my mate
          Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

Originally posted by felix80 View Post
            can't believe how many people are getting all worked up over others wearing combat gear and rigs in public. I'm always in rig out in public. sometimes its not possible to change out of their gear yes vests on out in the streets is daft but so wot how is that so criminal. sometimes people forget they have their holsters on which i have a few times cos they are so comfy you forget they are there. even had my weapons out on show once or twice going 10yrds up the slope to my front door and how do i get away with it well all the neighbours know wot i do and we have no OLD PEOPLE LIVING ON A NAVAL ESTATE and the fact i couldn't fit all my weapons into my gun case. so to all you people getting worked up over others wearing rigs in public just lighten the f*&k up.

anyway got a funny look off an naval officer at bristol temple meads when i turned up in full russian camo thought he was gonna rip me a new arse for not wearing a baret. didn't have any weapons on me at the time as they were with my mate
            Ok Extreme example but, Well Lets just say that as a for instance…
            After a public incident involving shooting that makes the national press, Rahul Moat or similar the public become concerned, gun legislation is called into question once again. As you get out of your car on the way back from a skirmish looking like the cover of Battlefield 3 with a pistol in your holster, Little Miss new mum is taking her daughter to the park she sees you walking up the road with what she believes to be a real gun in your holster. You think “God I look cool” and part of your anatomy twitches as you notice her looking at you, you genuinely mistake her fear for admiration and breeze on past as if nothing of importance has happened. She doesn’t know your intentions, she will assume that the gun is real, she has probably never heard of airsoft and can only wonder why anyone would dress like that and wear a gun in public.

The press is full of stories of terrorists and threats to the public safety, she could easily be scared. Let’s just say that she calls the police, the forces are all on a state of high alert following recent national incidents and seeing as it’s the year of the Olympics are justifiably taking a no tolerance stance. An armed response unit is dispatched and confronts you. Just say the incident does not go well and for one reason or another you get shot. How do you think the press would report it? Sensibly? Or would they look for some one to blame? At first they would blame the police, and then they would ask the question, "Where did he get the gun in the first place? Who supplied it?" The blame would fall on the sale and supply of “replica” guns. The press would have a field day.

Yes admittedly this scenario is extreme but it is also plausible. If you can’t see that. If you really can’t see what a stupid thing it is to be carrying rifs in public then you are not the type of person who should airsoft. Before you jump back at me for having a go at you, just stop and really think about the things you said in your post. I mean really think about them. Do you honestly believe that leaving a holster on because it’s comfortable is a good thing? REALLY ? Yes a Vest is only a combat vest but it is the image perceived by the public that matters, you may think you look like Captain Price but off the skirmish site you look like a threat as far as the public are concerned.

Comment

...even had my weapons out on show once or twice going 10yrds up the slope to my front door and how do i get away with it well all the neighbours know wot i do and we have no OLD PEOPLE LIVING ON A NAVAL ESTATE and the fact i couldn't fit all my weapons into my gun case...
              Nice one!

I'm pretty sure that's still an offence under the firearms act, even on MOD property (Snowdrop - your input could be useful here!). Regardless, it's a fu**ing reckless thing to post on a public forum as some people may decide to copy you.
              sigpic

Comment

like i said only done it once or twice as had no room in gun case which was daft of me i know and I've put my hands up about that and yes it is still against the law. but thats not wot I'm on about its that fact that some of you seem to be having ago at the lads that have worn their kit outside the field with holsters on them with nothing in them. the fact that when people see this they do actually ask if we are doing paintball and I've been asked this a few times. and as for my chest rig I've actually worn that on the way home before (really need a burgan to carry my gear in). No i don't think i look cool wearing it as i bloody well wear every day to work in fact i don't wear much combats when I'm playing.
                @Double O jedi:- Do you honestly believe that leaving a holster on because it’s comfortable is a good thing? if you read wot i said which was sometimes people forget they have their holsters on which i have a few times cos they are so comfy you forget they are there and i didn't say there was a pistol in there, that is most of the time in my gun bag or day sack depending wot i have with me and as my 1 is attached to my belt i do forget its there. and yes when i did read it back it does sound stupid but i have been picked up for it by a mate. but thanks for pointing out my errors of ways

Comment

felix, you're missing one simple issue.

We, as airsofters, see a hoslter and immediately try to identify the gun in it. It's just something we automatically do.

Joe public doesn't think that way. They see tactical gear on somebody who is probably not forces or police and it's quite possible that "armed robber" will be their first thought. If there's a gun in there or not almost certainly won't occur to them. All you need to do is talk to an armed cop (as I do regularly, I have one living 3 doors from me) and they'll tell you that a lot of their jobs these days are responding to reports of guns, which turn out to be brightly coloured IFs. People don't phone the police and say there's a guy with an orange gun, they either assume the orange gun is a toy or just dial 999 and scream "gun!!!!".
                  sigpic

Comment

i know where you are coming from cav. gone are the days when you were a kid running around the street waving a toy m16 going bang bang. and i did make the mistake in not covering my guns but these days they are all covered, at 1 point i did had to cover the top of AK74 with a pillow case as it didn't fit in my back pack I'm just fortunate enough to live in a city full of service people and able to walk out my house to the car and not get picked up for it. I'm sorry if you think that I'm an idiot but I'm not. there are idiots out there that ruin it for all of us. done it and got told off never done it since.

but on a lighter note- wot bank robber robs a bank in full tac gear and full crest rigs

Comment

i know where you are coming from cav. gone are the days when you were a kid running around the street waving a toy m16 going bang bang. and i did make the mistake in not covering my guns but these days they are all covered, at 1 point i did had to cover the top of AK74 with a pillow case as it didn't fit in my back pack I'm just fortunate enough to live in a city full of service people and able to walk out my house to the car and not get picked up for it. I'm sorry if you think that I'm an idiot but I'm not. there are idiots out there that ruin it for all of us. done it and got told off never done it since.

but on a lighter note- wot bank robber robs a bank in full tac gear and full crest rigs
                      Idiot? - No.

Seeing it from the point of view of the average person who's not into guns? - Probably not.

As you say, life was easier years ago. Go back 30 years and we used to play in the street with full size model guns and nobody cared. Do it now and you'd get shot.
                      sigpic

Comment

too true bring back the old days was a lot safer then

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
                          As you say, life was easier years ago. Go back 30 years and we used to play in the street with full size model guns and nobody cared. Do it now and you'd get shot.
                          indeed, a good chunk of my childhood was spent running around on the street with toy guns

Comment

"Me and the boys were coming back from a game and because we are such a uber l33t team, we just got in the car and drove off. Half way home we decided that becuase we were a bit hungry we would stop in at the services. We got out of the car and went into Maccy D's. Because we are so cool, we didnt bother taking off our chest rigs, plate carriers, thigh holsters etc. In fact we were so cool, we still had outr pistols in our holsters and a couple of the boys had shottys strapped to them.
                            Any how the girls were just loving it becuase we looked so awesome, we got phone numbers, offers of sex there and then. The guys were just looking at us thinking we were so cool becuase they thought we were just back from some uber secret l33t cool mission from Afghanistan. They were so impressed they brought us all big macs, and supersized them and everything.
                            Problem is, as we left, the 10 ARV's turned up and they all had their guns pointing at us and everything, but we just said they weren't real, and because they know us, they wanted to have a look at all our kit and said how cool it was and better than theirs and if we wanted to come down to their firing range at anytime they would let us use all their kit"

Ok so that was all a bit OTT, but it sounds like some of the stories that are going on here, everyone trying to now out do each other about how cool they were and what they get away with.

Some people are becoming very irresponsible in their attitudes. If you come in your own car to a game, it takes less time to take off your kit, cover up etc, than it does to read this thread. Lets not get things banned, or someone shot because people can't be bothered.

Sorry Felix, but this idea that it can be so comfy you forget - I wore a pistol every day for 4 months in Basra, I never forgot it was there - (also, and this isn't a dig point, but I thought the only part of the navy that wore combats all the time were the Marines!). I would say that, although this point has been covered, walking around a SFQ with weapons is going to get you in the smelly stuff quicker than in civvy street, even if it is a hats on, no tea and biscuits with the boss.
                            Robin, as for the clarification, it is only with proper weapons that it all gets complicated, but most people just use the armoury, rather than having to drill chunks out of their service accomodation. It boils down to the it's just a toy, and don't be stupid with it rule!
                            When I was at Lyneham, I had to make decision as to keeping RIF's in the armoury or not for a lad who lived in the block. Long story, not going to post on here though. Ultimately they stayed in the Armoury as a precaution.
                            sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

@Felix80,
                              You are correct in saying that you never said you had a pistol in your holster, but you did say that you had your weapons out in a public place. It may only have been 10 yards out side your own house but it is still a public place.

Look back through the forums and you will see several instances of people saying that they went into a garage/McDonalds/KFC with a pistol they had forgotten to remove. I doubt the truth of most of them, as they all involve said person stood inside a room with everyone looking at them, giving them all the attention the feel they deserve and holding them in awe. Sigmund freud would hardly need to stretch himself to come up with a theory on the subject. I may have rashly included you in this category and I meant no offence of a personal nature, wasn't havin a pop or anything I just feel wearing vests, holster etc on the way home from a skirmish is uncalled for and could reflect badly on the hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
                                When I was at Lyneham, I had to make decision as to keeping RIF's in the armoury or not for a lad who lived in the block. Long story, not going to post on here though. Ultimately they stayed in the Armoury as a precaution.
                                Exactly the same thing happens up here at Cawdor Barracks (ex-RAF Brawdy). Quite a few of the lads ( Royal Sigs) play at Dragon Valley and some of them wanted to keep their RIFs in the accomodation. The QM took one look at an airsoft L85, threw a sh*t-fit, and told them they had to stay in the armoury on pain of charges.
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

santa i take the 2 most dangeruss elements known to man and make them work for me.......and a posable bomb Find out more about santa
                                Working...
                                X