Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

what's the weirdest thing to happen to you on the way or from a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: what's the weirdest thing to happen to you on the way or from a game?

to answer your question snowdrop I'm part of CHF (for all don't know wot that is Commando Helicopter Force and its a joint unit with element from the AAC and dare i say it RAF my keyboard is all dirty now using the R word lol) based in Yeovilton and we wear DPM when out in the field like now out here in the frozen land of Norway. it was the same when i was going to take my weapons over to dublin with me on my last ship, asked Gunz if i needed to keep them in the armoury and was told yes which wasn't a prob needless to say i forgot all about taking them with d'oh.never mind. @double O Jedi none taken and i have looked at the thread in more detail and see wot you mean. It does seem that I've been sticking up for the muppets that have their weapons on show and 1 of them i know cos i been at the same site as him. anyway I'm not backing any of them up. not much more i can say. and snowdrop i think the housing people would have my head if i started to build an armoury in my front room but there again it already does lol
    Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

Originally posted by MADMAN983 View Post
      i was up early driving to my local airsoft site when i came upon a car crash and a copper asked me to find another way past, outside my local airforce base (Coldrose, cornwall) with me in full DPM and a boot full of RIFs
      um you mean Royal naval air station not airforce base, RAF base is in newquey or was can't remember if it closed

Comment

Originally posted by felix80 View Post
        um you mean Royal naval air station not airforce base, RAF base is in newquey or was can't remember if it closed
        Yes, St Mawgan is still there although a fraction of what it used to be. Most of it has now changed to Cornwall International Airport, or what ever they call it. They have put a great big fence through the middle and divided it. Very small place now, combined Officers and Sgt Mess, mainly used for SERE and AT, though there was talk of using it as decompression, but not sure.

And yes, DHE would not be best chuffed, they are moody at the best of times!
        sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

cheers snowdrop i cont remember its damn name but knew it was part of newquey airport. although DHE are awesome at getting things fixed like boilers. ours went down on a sunday and they came out within 2 hours to fix it never had trouble with them really. if you don't mind me asking, which did you serve in then?

Comment

once i got on a bus in dpms and got saluted buy the bus driver.
            I don't care if you've lost half your men loose the other half.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1actual View Post
              once i got on a bus in dpms and got saluted buy the bus driver.
              Think he might have been taking the pi$$.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
                Think he might have been taking the pi$$.
                I hope that he was taking the p.ss
                Oh wrong quote included sorry snowdrop

We can't fight for airsoft without your support. To join or for more information Please take a look at www.ukapu.org.uk

Comment

After reading through this thread the recurrent theme of the assumption that any member of the public who sees an airsofter in camo and/or a tac vest will probably assume them to be some form of criminal and call the police.. I can understand that if they're actually carrying RIF's, but personally if I had no idea of airsoft and saw a bloke walking down the street in a tac-vest, even if he was carrying an empty holster, i'd most probably assume him to be military, or if it was a younger guy then a cadet.. perhaps that's just me? It just would seem pretty unlikely for anyone about to or having just performed an act of armed robbery or assault they'd take a casual stroll down the street or into McDonalds..

Comment

Originally posted by Someshot View Post
                    After reading through this thread the recurrent theme of the assumption that any member of the public who sees an airsofter in camo and/or a tac vest will probably assume them to be some form of criminal and call the police.. I can understand that if they're actually carrying RIF's, but personally if I had no idea of airsoft and saw a bloke walking down the street in a tac-vest, even if he was carrying an empty holster, i'd most probably assume him to be military, or if it was a younger guy then a cadet.. perhaps that's just me? It just would seem pretty unlikely for anyone about to or having just performed an act of armed robbery or assault they'd take a casual stroll down the street or into McDonalds..
                    I would assume they were slightly strange to be wearing it in public. This isn't downtown Helmand, and isn't a need. It just promotes a dubious "gun nut" image that we don't need IMO.
                    sigpic

Comment

This has come up a lot on this forum. Maybe not every civy that sees you in tactical kit is gonna think your a bank robber or a card carrying member of Al-Qaeda. However what it says to me of people who wear tatcical kit in public is laziness. It does reflect a negative image of our hobby I find it very very hard to beleive people have to wear their tactical gear in public. For the better part of last year, I had to commute via Bus then Train to get to my skirmish site. I wore my boots and trousers and a plain t-shirt. If I can fit a molle rig, BBs, my shirt AND AN AUG in my dad's old army duffle bag, why would you ever have to wear a rig or holster in public? I feel silly wearing just my bdu in public and I'd never wear my vest or holster. Seriosly outside of airsoft you look a twat in your kit, no one thinks your a squadie and no one thinks you look hard. Now I get a lift almost every game but I still don't wear my tactical gear out of site because it takes me about a minute to gear up.
                      For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                      Check out my other sales!

Comment

Weirdest thing was going to competition training this Wednesday, I'd gotten on a bus with my rifle and pistol locked securely in their hard case (which has both keys and three digit codes lol) and got off at the station I'd been instructed to, only to hear what I expected to be pyro from the other lads in a nearby field (we had permission to use grenades in the private field), turns out it wasn't but I set off in the direction anyway because it made sense. Wasted 20 minutes lol.

I walk around in my DPM trousers, then again I wear combat trousers pretty much on a daily basis anyway (though not normally actual DPMs) to and from skirmishing but don't wear my smock, I'll either be wearing a t-shirt (my case is bloody heavy) which will have some military slogan on it or be olive , or throw on a nice fleece/jacket.
                        "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                        Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Kensai im a matlow does that count my as a twat wearing BDU in public only joking I'm lucky i get a lift to my site and most of the time all you can see is the boots and trousers with my black jacket over the top. Ive only caught the train once to a site and that was from plymouth to exeter but i couldn't quite fit my chest rig in my day sack as i had all my clean No.4s in it for work for the week. funny looks nope not 1 only cos the train was empty. I forgot i had my holster on as i didn't use my pistol (misfiring any ideas why?) in the last game of the day and my jacket hid. there are some muppets out there and like i said before 1 of them i know

Comment

Felix, better than the flappy trousers though! Are they still issued?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
                              Felix, better than the flappy trousers though! Are they still issued?
                              wot you mean our No.1s with the bell bottoms lol

Comment

Went to an evening game at my local CQB site one evening, and coming home from dropping my mate home was stopped by the Police for a failed headlamp (was actually a failed side light but I forgot to turn my mains back on after parking up to drop my mate off) and naturally I was still in full DPM.

I warned them that I had Airsoft equipment in the boot so that if they did need to check in the vehicle to not be alarmed and to expect it to be there.
                                One of the officers says to me "oh right? What do you use then? I have a G3 myself" !
                                Turns out he was an Airsofter and very understanding

The actually odd part, was that they put my name out for a vehicle and insurance check as they do, and back over the radio comes my dads's fiancée saying "Oh god, what has he done then?"
                                Once the officers realised it was my side-light not main beams that were failed, they sent me on my way and bid me a good evening.

Naturally by the time I got home, I had about 20 texts from various members of the family asking what I'd done.
                                Quite unfortunate to forget to turn my mains back on but it was very well lit, and the side-lights were working when I set off from the site!

Moral of the story; Be nice to Police, and they will be nice to you. Sure you get the odd one that is a bit of a jobs-worth, but they are just doing a job.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

santa i take the 2 most dangeruss elements known to man and make them work for me.......and a posable bomb Find out more about santa
                                Working...
                                X