Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corporal syndrome - A rant.

Yes Corporal!!

Forgive me, but I really don't like these sort of people.

I just needed a rant...

At my last game, we seemed to have abit of a hot head on our team....

You know the guy I mean, the one who shouts at everyone to do their bit, thinks he's got 20 11 year olds under his command.

Now, I appreciate what this guy was trying to do, organise the team, try and get the best outcome for everyone.

But, it's just not needed in excess. It just ruins peoples fun. He even made people move to another position that he chose!

Ofcourse, in a Milsim game such organisation would be needed, but this was a saturday skirmish with two 11 yeard old birthday parties for gods sake!

So if you're one of these guys, just chill out.... Please.

Rant over.

Re: Corporal syndrome - A rant.

ahaa :P

there was a one at my site :P, He looked like a war torn ex soldier :P seemed a nice guy n that, but when we were in games, you would think we were in a real war zone !

Comment

Agreed 100%

My mates and I heard that at the last woodland game, we just looked at each other and laughed "some one is taking this a bit too seriously" was the general consensus.

I understand why they shout though, it can be annoying if you feel like your the only one pushing up and have no support, or that people need to be gee'd up to move but in the end no one put you in command, this is not the army, if they want to follow you they will.
      Xadin {sha'din} Monkey

Next skirmish: GZ Woodland TBA

Comment

I usually am one of those guys who shouts at others, usually things like moving left to right and watch your left.
        I do take it seriously, I spend a lot of money on my gear and my guns, I get dirty & abuse my kit so I cannot be called a geardo (well a true geardo).
        I pay good money to play airsoft and I stress the word PLAY but my team and I play to WIN. Not to lose because someone else cant be arsed to cover thier sector.
        When my team and I turn up to sites we tend to get complete randoms following on and wanting to be told what to do and where to look so they can fit into our team for the day.
        I dont however tell people who dont want to be told where they should or shouldnt be or what they should or shouldnt be doing, I also dont tell people to form a particular patrol formation, unless they are in my team or following for the day.
        You can rant all you want, but not everything has to be in your way of thinking. I havnt ranted about airsofters who dont apply any military skills to their game, because its not worth it. They pay their good money to play as long as nobody is getting hurt, let people play the way they want to. Most of us are adults (or should I say mature enough) to let others play the way they want.
        Last edited by nice_guy_andy; 10 August, 2009, 16:55. Reason: grammar and punctuation

Comment

im a bit like that as well i guess
          when your doing it you dont really realise, but todards the end of the day i just think you know what sod it! lets just go solo with no team and do a rambo
          or follow someone else, usaually the case. when you think about it it your with a team you feel like its sort of your responsibility to get eveyone organised. i hate looking around the team when we may be waiting for an ambush and they are not looking or they arent in a combat ready position so their gun is in one hand trailing at their side.
          it really winds me up cos if someone springs out infront of them they will have no chance to return fire. i think its the worry of them getting shot, then having to go to the dead zone so the team numbers go from 7 to 6, then someone else gets shot cos there is no order when we are moving up so its comes down to 5. it then get to a level where the word team is not feasible so it doesnt work.
          i dont shout its more of a quick "keep your gun." "where are you covering?" " there is already someone covering that arc take another one."
          if everyone kept to this and was always ready and understood firing manouvers a good team can work.
          i agree with those who are like the "corporals" (as you say) who yell acroos the field "move up!"

Comment

some people were born to lead, some were born to follow the rest are there to d1ck around with their mates good luck to them all.....i will follow good leaders or if no-ones taking control i will push on and encourage others to follow my lead
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

tell you what amuses me....i was at AWA Romford last time around,i noticed a pattern of play amongst a fair amount of skirmishers which is, cover fire badly,and dont push up its like a bunch of rabbits caught in the headlights, its funny when you have an objective for example to clear an area but your team of 8 is bogged down along a corridor by two concealed opponents....the team will take good cover and put down a lot of supressing fire,but its pointless, because they are not hitting anybody,coz they are not close enough and not gaining any ground,i.e supress and move, cos they are too scared of getting hit or too lazy to go back to the regen point if they do get hit....this can go on for as long as they like, its a bit silly when you move to a forward point, in order to supply cover to the team so that they can take out the oppostion, only to look behind and see that they are still in their cozy postions, hiding behind the door frames emptying mags in the opponents general direction...they look the business all kitted up and armed to the teeth...but is it just to pose in?,because they could do that at home in front of the mirror lol

Comment

hahahaha
                but i guess if they have been told, right defend the objective they are going to. and i would probs hide, till you were right up my nose then sneeze all over you!(light you the f**k up!)
                but i hate getting bogged down, so we are setting off at good pace, crawling and moving to the objective. "as a leader im thinking "yes this is going to plan, we are on time, no ones been hit and we are nearly there, then there the easy bit of defending it." next thing i hear is hit. worst nightmare. Ambush! "everyone hit the dirt!!" then i have to come up with a solution to get out. its easy for me to do it, easy for 2 to do it, but getting 8 people out of a firefight when theres nades and all out mayhem,its difficult. but then you remember the objective. so you hold your ground. "iain! come one what are we doing!" at this moment i have thoughts ideas. running through my head. "gilome get your minimi up and start getting rounds down!"
                hectic!

Comment

"some people were born to lead"

There's a fine line between leadership and arrogance & dictatorship.

Some people do it for their own reasons.

Don't get confused between the two.

Comment

If you do get the sort that likes shouting solely for the purpose of hearing their own voice, then have a friendly word with them. It usually does the trick in most aspects of life.

If that doesn't work then shoot them.:D

Comment

Guess I'm a 'Corporal' then.

Just because someone is trying to motivate people, doesn't mean those people have to be motivated. If someone is shouting, doesn't mean you have to listen, or do what they ask. They payed as much as you, they get to play how they want, just as you get to play how you want.
                      www.dartmoorrangers.co.uk
                      Everyone goes on about how inspiring the story of Anne Frank is, but when I keep a little jewish girl in my attic suddenly THATS NOT OK?

Comment

exactly, so im a corporal in some sense, they havent signed a document to say, right im going to run at the enemy at the comand of a random guy
                        but i must say telling someone you dont know to run forward is difficult and i dont do it.

Comment

We had one bloke at my last skirmish that actually pushed a 14 year old!

Comment

Originally posted by Philskii View Post
                            We had one bloke at my last skirmish that actually pushed a 14 year old!
                            probably deserved it...lol

Comment

doudsy you wernt there when one off the uni guys was there screaming at everyone what to do even had the cheek to shout take your F***ing hits ive just shot you , funny thing is his gun was slung over his shoulder and was just waving his finger about :S i didnt know fingers could shoot bbs. yeaah teams need organising but dont go ott.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                              Working...
                              X