Pyro gone wrong :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyro gone wrong :)

Anyone got any stories of pyro going off prematurely or unexpectadely, or just creating a fire?

My time was when just as a demonstration at eag dorking, we set of a huge pyro thing in this tower which exploded with a massive fireball and such, after that had died down, we realised that the tower itself was on fire and so was a nearby tree, we put the tower out quickly but decided a better way to put the fire on the tree out was to shoot it. Needless to say, it worked :P

Re: Pyro gone wrong

at eag epsom last week a regular threw a pyro thinking it was one of those ring pull ones (the ring pull was to reveal the firing cap) threw it in our direction, half my team pegs it and i just casually walk to it pick it up as i knew it wasn't lit, took the firing cap off lit it then threw it back.... it then got the guy who threw it originally

Comment

My brother had a pybo go off in his hand once, blew blows in his glove and ubtacs shirt and needless to say he had really bad burns on his arm as well, wasnt pleasent.

I threw (low throw) a flashbang down some stairs and it landed in between chandlers plate carrier and side, luckly it was only a mk3 so i dont think it did any damage, had a bit of a laugh after i made sure he was okay lol
      sigpic

Comment

id be pretty shocked if i had mk3 down my plate carrier :P

Comment

My mate had bought his first ever few grenades (don't know what they're called but the very cheap ones with dried peas in). The first time he attempted to use it, he lit it accidently not realising how sensitive they are, burnt his thumb on the fuse, dropped it on the ground in front of him, not hard to imagine what happened after that.

Same guy a few days later, I was round his house, he was showing me how lightly he had tapped the fuse (not his brightest moment ) and I will never forget the look of shock on his face :D anyway, he chucked a duvet on top of it and it burnt a hole half way through (from the fuse i guess) and also left the worst burning smell ever
          T.W.A.A.T. - Tactical Woodland Airsoft Assault Team

Comment

Playing at a site with doors thy could be opened and closed, two of us were behind the door with about five of the opposition on the other side, a small corridor about 1.5m wide and 4m long.

They could hear us, so kept opening the door, covering us and throwing pyro into the large room we were u
            in. We heard the sound of a pyro being struck, the tell tale sound of the flame and them counting before they opened the door.

As they went to open the door, my team mate put his foot against the door, stopping it beige opened, after a couple of bumps to open the door, all we heard was a loud F word, and the sound of bodies scattering before the grenade went off!

Comment

Not really pyro gone wrong but one time at dorking, a guy went to chuck his grenade and pulled the ring but the string snapped and the ring came off, bit of an anti climax there

Comment

haha reminds me of a team mate at UA we where guarding the top of the stairs as there where enemies below trying to come up so he primed (took the striking caps off) two grenades in each hand. later we reaised the guys downstairs had been taken out and the building was clear. so he put them back in his pouch. when we got down the stairs we heard a fizzing noise and realised one had struck from the inside of the pouch so we all frantically ran and he managed to get it out and chuck it out the window. job done. it was then we realised the fizzing sound hadn't stopped! the other grenade had been lit by the other grenade and had been smoking for a while so he had to just close the pouch up and wait :D it obviously went bang and now he has a fancy new black pouch

great fun!

Comment

Had a mk5 go off in my trouser pocket once, heard and felt the blast and looked behind me as I thought it was someone dicking about (this was walking down to the game start point) then felt a stinging burning sensation on the back of my knee, blew a nice hole in the trousers

Another one on the same site had a grenade thrown in their direction which ended up going down their shirt!

Comment

I picked up a BFG of mine I thought had gone off, almost went off again in my hand. Not really sure how that happened.

A mate attempted to booby trap a door with a BFG, pinned it in the door handle with the pin released and the spoon trapped, it slipped a little, the spoon came free, my friend grabbed it, bang!

Comment

Have seen panic combined to much hopping and skipping at Freeport when someone had a mk5 strike it'self in a dump pouch....Funny to watch from a safe distance.

Defending the soft play area same site, BFG comes rolling through the door, several of us flee knowing they have a short fuse. This one didn't go off....Haha you tried to trick us, not loaded duh!! So went back to position...BANG... Oh, you DID trick us...lol... HIT!
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

More win than fail this, but me and my mates tied a 90 second smoke grenade to a piece of string, and then tied that to another friends webbing, lit it and just told him to run around like a madman to create a smokescreen. it sorta worked!

Comment

First time I ever used a mk5 flash, I was using it left handed and I'm not, struck the fuse and dropped it.. The look of panic on my face must have been hilarious! :D

Also, door traps using impact grenades = win

Comment

Here's a little storyboard for you all! :D

Plastic scoops and pyro, what fun!

Comment

Ive had a few memorable instances with Pyro.

GZ Urban. You know some of the windows are knocked out? Well, not all of them are...
                              'Grenade!' Throw. Thump. Bounce. 'Sh*t.'

Another GZ Urban. I was casually standing ready to set off a grenade. No problems with that. Pull cap, strike, throw right? Well, i must of had possibly the most sensitive ball grenade in the world. The meer smallest touch (and i mean touch, not strike) of fuse on cap meant i had to abandon all hope of a lull in the firefight, run like hell towards a window and post said grenade, before legging it back for my gun. Nightmare

Recently at another site, i was popping pyro off. I dont quite know what happened, but i struck a smoke grenade. Normally they just fizz a bit, then start to smoke. Not this one. The end of the grenade sort of, how do i put this...BLEW UP. Not sure what happened, but something on the end of the grenade went flying straight past my face. Grenade then carried on smoking as if nothing had happened. Was lucky i had glasses on, but remember kids, point pyro away when striking...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

laurence Find out more about laurence
                              Working...
                              X