Pyro gone wrong :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pyro gone wrong

MY worst experince was At EAG dorking I was running with a bfg with took the pin out and started to run to cover and as i was running it went off right in my hand

Comment

Its always fun to watch people run around trying to find the 'bloke who smokes' to get his lighter when the striker caps have gotten wet.
      WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Was playing at Sabre Force a few months ago, playing a zombie type game, a 1st timer from our group was holding the base on his own so thought it would be fun to show him a mk5.
        Pulled it out my pocket but for some reason i had a smoke in the pocket too that the cap had come off. Well it struck that too. So i went running 50 meters to get up to the base not realising the smoke bellowing out behind me! awesome effect but took the pocket off the trousers.

Also at the mall a few weeks back, there was about 6 guys in a shop behind the glass front, i was the other side, dropped my gun and thought id roll a tornado in to get them. Well the tornado had a faulty timer bit - as i pulled the pin i got showered instantly in the face with about 100 BB's!
        . .

Comment

Story 1:Back when I first started at Uni we played at Absolute airsoft.
          We were inbetween a fallback game and my friend Benn had proned to get a good marksmen shot on the soon to arrive enemies. In the background one of our comittee members Jason was pratting about with a ball grenade... he pulled the cap off and reckonned the fuse was dirty so he must have rubbed it off on his plate carrier... Fuse lit... He panicked... threw it as far from himself as he could...

The grenade hit the cover infront of Benn, landed on his backside and rolled inbetween his legs... By the time Benn had worked out what that fizzing was it had gone off between his legs & forced him to yelp and bail on his position!

Story 2: Whilst at Bristol my friend Dan decided to put a grenade through one of the iron gratings on the top of a 6" steel cell door. The idea was to put the grenade through and breach after the grenade went off. On the other side of the door, Dave was ready to "cap us in the ass". The grenade went through the grating... landed on his shoulder and rolled into a spot between his arm and chest. When he realised what had happened, he swore and dropped it in time for it to go off by his knee!

Im sure everyone has heard The Mall fail on the stairs? I havent read the thread properly but its pretty much a Legend at my uni!
          Team of 8 stacked up on stairs, Bloke throws Mk5 up the stairs. Mk5 comes back down and takes them all out!
          Kiran Payne
          TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
          Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Last time I went skirmishing someone thought it would be a great idea to use carcinogenic smokes in CQB and 3 of them caught fire and the whole place just filled with noxious smoke while I was trying to put them out. Horrible, throat, mouth and chest felt disgusting afterwards.

Comment

hmm a certain site near me does that =/ stupid idea especially if you have asthma or something

Comment

When I played at Gunmanns urban site, so many MK5's went off in one room that I was stood next to an enemy - face to face - and we didnt see each other! It was so smokey that we walked into eachother before we saw each other!

What pyros give off carcinogenic smoke? I had this rainbow coloured impression that pyros were safe
                Kiran Payne
                TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil

sigpic

Comment

Could they be the big marine smokes?

I don't mind having them go off in a game. Had one in the usual Killhouse I play in and it was quite difficult to play! Which I loved! Deep breath, play while you hold it, see how far you can get! Does tend to kill the eyes and mouth though

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                    Could they be the big marine smokes?

I don't mind having them go off in a game. Had one in the usual Killhouse I play in and it was quite difficult to play! Which I loved! Deep breath, play while you hold it, see how far you can get! Does tend to kill the eyes and mouth though
                    Pretty sure they were mark5's but I didnt actually see them go off. They definitely werent smokes as we werent allowed to use smokes... I think the just used the MK5s to the same effect deliberately though
                    Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

wait so these were bangs, that gave off a lot of smoke!?

Comment

Well any pyro gives off smoke when it explodes - Its unavoidable. These were set off in a fairly small room. I dont know how many MK5s were detonated but there was enough for us to be smoked out!
                        Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

Thats not usual! They dont give off that much smoke. Its barely noticeable indoors?! Or are you just a big wimp

Perhaps it was home made pyro, though unlikely!

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                            Have seen panic combined to much hopping and skipping at Freeport when someone had a mk5 strike it'self in a dump pouch....Funny to watch from a safe distance.
                            Similar story I heard from finmere. Guy in a gille suit was hiding in a bush. Enemy walks past him and he drops a lit Thermobaric in his dump pouch. Little did he realise, this dump pouch was used to store pyros.

Aparently you could here the bang from the parking lot on the other side of the site.
                            Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

Went down exeter once and a fire started from a smoke grenade, ran from the dead area to go put it out. Then another time I had 3 dud grenades in a row!! I was not happy because I needed them!
                              Originally posted by Tiercel
                              The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Certain manufacturers of Smoke grenades generate a rather large "spark" trail when initially lit, these also produce a rather lot of heat when in use, and guess what I've seen fires, smoldering pockets and even melted kit from them.
                                Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

laurence Find out more about laurence
                                Working...
                                X